RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    This is what hate about playing golf. The other side of it. I'm insanely inconsistent aka I suck. And when I'm off I hit it all over the damn place. And yeah, that's gonna take longer. So when the attendant comes up to my group and asks us to play faster I'm thinking if I hit it good it's faster and if I could I would. You wanna give me lessons right now? It's not like I'm sitting there chatting on the phone or smoking a cigar or whatever. I hustle. But the more shots you hit the longer it takes. I don't see anyone at a bowling alley complaining about the guy who rolls two balls every frame.
    you arent on tour

YOU LET THE NEXT GROUP PLAY THROUGH

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    you arent on tour

YOU LET THE NEXT GROUP PLAY THROUGH
    And the next group behind complains.

Exactly, you aren't on tour and you planned a whole round of golf for the day. If it takes you 4:30 to finish instead of 4:15 you'll leave. Get another beer and chill. Eve if I was good or whatever, I'd never whine about the group ahead of me. Plus, a lot of time when this happens it's because I'm waiting on someone else ahead before that.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

LMAO @ "Unarmored golf carts"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    LMAO @ "Unarmored golf carts"
    What the hell was that about??? LOL

If you play behind a bad group, just skip a hole and cut in front of them. Fukk em. If you're playing with a slow group, ask the group behind you if they want to play through. Don't be inconsiderate fukks. Shit ain't rocket science.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Exactly, you aren't on tour and you planned a whole round of golf for the day. If it takes you 4:30 to finish instead of 4:15 you'll leave. Get another beer and chill. Eve if I was good or whatever, I'd never whine about the group ahead of me. Plus, a lot of time when this happens it's because I'm waiting on someone else ahead before that.
    This is how it’s misunderstood

Its not that it took you longer to play, it’s that you had to spend the day concentrating on when slow people are out of ur way on every shot. Takes the enjoyment out of it.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

I take my time on the course playing 18. Enjoy a fine cigar or two, in addition to some nice cold frosty beverages

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

This is what hate about playing golf. The other side of it. I'm insanely inconsistent aka I suck. And when I'm off I hit it all over the damn place. And yeah, that's gonna take longer. So when the attendant comes up to my group and asks us to play faster I'm thinking if I hit it good it's faster and if I could I would. You wanna give me lessons right now? It's not like I'm sitting there chatting on the phone or smoking a cigar or whatever. I hustle. But the more shots you hit the longer it takes. I don't see anyone at a bowling alley complaining about the guy who rolls two balls every frame.
    I’m with you. Lots of whiny btches on golf courses. Gotta love the ones behind you that get impatient when you’re already up the ass of the group in front of you. I imagine some of those posting in this thread are also the same morons who ride your ass waving their arms while you are slowing down for a red light.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I’m with you. Lots of whiny btches on golf courses. Gotta love the ones behind you that get impatient when you’re already up the ass of the group in front of you. I imagine some of those posting in this thread are also the same morons who ride your ass waving their arms while you are slowing down for a red light.
    Of course that would be stupid to get mad at a group in front of you who is also waiting

I'm talking about being behind a group that is way behind the group in front of them and getting further back

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Of course that would be stupid to get mad at a group in front of you who is also waiting

I'm talking about being behind a group that is way behind the group in front of them and getting further back
    Except that when you are waiting on the group in front of you assuming they are dawdling, you don't know what the group ahead of them or the group ahead of them are doing. Just chill. If you are in a huge rush, you probably shouldn't be spending the day playing golf. It should be lesiurely.

RudyRuetigger

you idiots are so stupid

so hitting it all over the place is a only a 15min delay in d2bets round?

sure bro

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Let's get ready to rumble, golf fans. You never know what will happen at a Monday (firepitcollective.com)

The world of Monday qualifying for Korn Ferry Tour events is normally pretty mild. I wasn’t expecting much action today and then my phone rang around 1 o’clock. The person on the other end, who shall remain anonymous, said, “This is going to be a first, even for you.”
    He was not wrong.
    The 8:10 tee time at Sand Creek Station Golf Club in Newton, Kansas would provide a story unlike any I’ve ever heard at a Monday qualifier. Austen Dailey and Derek Fribbs were paired with Luke Smith, who plays collegiately at the University of Tennessee-Martin. Luke’s father, Oliver, President of Memphis-based Capital Prime, was caddying for his son. The group struggled early and fell behind the pace of play.
    It is not uncommon for groups to fall out of place on the golf course. Play is typically expedited in an effort to catch up. A common courtesy in any round, especially from a slow group, is for players to help each other look for wayward shots. But according to Fribbs, the Smiths would not help in the search for errant shots. Furthermore, the Smiths failed to put the pin in the hole after they putted out.
    The situation came to a boil on the Par-3 seventh hole. Dailey hit his tee shot left of the green. Fribbs, ever the sportsmen, went to help Dailey look for his ball. Allegedly, the Smiths did not help in the search for Dailey’s ball. In an effort to speed up play, Fribbs holed out first and headed for the eighth tee to play his next shot and try and get the group back in position. After Dailey completed the hole he said something to Smiths about how helping to look for shots might help speed the group up. This was apparently a bridge too far for the Smiths. According to Fribbs Luke and Oliver Smith started yelling at Dailey about his quality of play and how it was affecting the group. Oliver went on to make it clear that his son Luke, “wasn’t here to look for balls.”
    Dailey then turned his back and walked away towards the eighth tee. Little did he know that in a matter of seconds all hell would break loose. It was at this point that Luke Smith allegedly jumped on Dailey and started to throw punches. Fribbs, who was standing on the eighth tee, ran back to try to and play peacemaker. But Oliver Smith had other plans. The elder Smith allegedly waved a putter at Fribbs- and anyone else with an eye on jumping into the fracas. (Oliver Smith’s putter-waving was was later confirmed by another PGA Section official on site.)
    Luke and Oliver SmithThe group playing behind the brouhaha called the Pro Shop to come break up the fight. When the golf staff arrived, Dailey was asked if he would like to press charges. “Absolutely,” Dailey said “I was assaulted.”
    The golf staff took both Dailey and Luke Smith back to the clubhouse in unarmored golf carts where Smith was placed under arrest. He was bailed out shortly after. No word on the whereabouts of Oliver Smith or the putter were available at the time this story was released.
    Fribbs, rattled but willing to compete, had an official from the local PGA Section walk with him for the remaining holes so he could complete the round. On the tenth hole a police officer came out to get his statement. At the conclusion of play the PGA section refunded Fribbs his entry fee- a fine gesture on their part.
    “It was crazy, I can’t believe it happened.” Fribbs added at the end of the day.
    Mondays, man.
    Only fight lately with no video... Unreal, Dad could have grabbed his phone!

dlowilly

Except that when you are waiting on the group in front of you assuming they are dawdling, you don't know what the group ahead of them or the group ahead of them are doing. Just chill. If you are in a huge rush, you probably shouldn't be spending the day playing golf. It should be lesiurely.
    Yeah, you do

Pretty easy to see what's going on a couple groups ahead

Seems like you don't play or haven't played much golf. Nothing leisurely about waiting every shot on inconsiderate hackers.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Yeah, you do

Pretty easy to see what's going on a couple groups ahead

Seems like you don't play or haven't played much golf. Nothing leisurely about waiting every shot on inconsiderate hackers.
    exactly

you can see what the group ahead of them is doing

easily

unless you are playing par 3 course in a goddamn wooded area

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

you idiots are so stupid

so hitting it all over the place is a only a 15min delay in d2bets round?

sure bro
    It’s the only sport I know where people whine and complain so much. Most other sports people remember being there once and can understand. If you’re in such a rush to finish do you actually enjoy the sport ?

RudyRuetigger

It’s the only sport I know where people whine and complain so much. Most other sports people remember being there once and can understand. If you’re in such a rush to finish do you actually enjoy the sport ?
    what are you even saying?

most sports people actually take up golf..............???????????????

they even have tournaments for those guys

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Only fight lately with no video... Unreal, Dad could have grabbed his phone!

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Takes me 415-430 shooting 95 aka hitting into woods or losing balls and 3 chips and 3 putts

if a group is 2 full holes behind thats a solid 25 minutes behind pace. A normal pace is 15 min a hole roughly approx

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

All I know is whenever I play I don't dawdle around and nobody I play with does. When I get to my ball and am clear, I don't lineup up incessantly or take a million practice swings. I don't take any practice swings. I went any "faster" it would end up being slower by hitting worse shots. And so by telling me to play faster it's only "hit better shots farther". And if I could I would. If someone wants to pass, I'll let them. But told me to play faster when you obviously aren't watching the actual play. I only get upset with the group ahead if I see them chatting and spending 2 minutes analyzing every damn shot before hitting. That's bs. But if you don't hit it a mile or you hit some errant shots, only a douchebag can't understand that. They don't have special times for higher handicaps and they don't have a rule that a higher handicap player can't play. So just deal with it. /rant
    Points Awarded:

PharaohUB gave d2bets 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12