jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

It's always not as easy as what I just posted but I'm hitting at 23% of my P3's 13% of my 4's. Enough in the long run to maintain $1.11 roi on the 3's - $0.93 on the 4's (much tougher for me - but I don't bet a ton of combo's either).
    Demanding a min of 5-1 or better on my win bets also works for me. (worst runout was 9 races last year - this year sitting at 6 - still for me it works)

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    As i have stated in these threads Horse Racing is a bad bet now. Im old School i love the Racing Form program and pen but that way of handicapping is dead.You will come up with the 3 favs every time. Takeout, Year long Circuits and Computers have ruined racing i think.I prob could go on and on and i played as a pro for 12 years, Now i cant stand it i was done after 3 races yesterday. IN Person is still kind of cool my next time i play will be a trip to Texas going out to Lone Star July 9, and 10th so should be a nice hot night to have some coronas and play a few races.Plus all these tiny wagers have killed the money payouts.50 cent tris 1 dollar exactas racing needs to go back to a 5 dollar wager like for exactas and go back to 2 dollar tris.
    mcaulay, I love LS and SH. the ambience, and the people make for a great night out for sure. (Hate to admit but I did enjoy the beer 2)
    The days of the $5 ex takes me back 30 years. The gimmick bets are crap. Tracks love em........there moto is come bet your BDay.

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When

okay Rudy - here's Churchill Race 5 - 4 min to post

5 Burrow 6/1 (1)10 Rustler 5/1 (4)11 Prairie 9/2 (3)12 Pregame 4/1 (1)...................................

good luck

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    okay Rudy - here's Churchill Race 5 - 4 min to post

5 Burrow 6/1 (1)10 Rustler 5/1 (4)11 Prairie 9/2 (3)12 Pregame 4/1 (1)...................................

good luck
    thanks

1 race doesnt matter, as you know

so tell us how many til you statistically have to show a return?

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

Some of the pick 4-5-6 carryovers can be +ev, good luck hitting them though

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Depends on how much you bet and how much the software costs. Using it to hit the low take out pools seems like the way to go.

RudyRuetigger

how hard is it to say ill put "x" on horse "x" to win place or show?

thats what i want

after 300 races, i might trust you if you show a profit

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post

thats what i want

Right but what he's saying is that he's not using it for straight wagers, he's using it for the multi race pools. In theory it could pay for itself in one day. But to your point, what has his personal experience been ROI wise? Curious myself. I hammered the 5 on the last race but it was bet down to 2-1

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Post the plays for Santa Anita pick 6 and let's play around

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Right but what he's saying is that he's not using it for straight wagers, he's using it for the multi race pools. In theory it could pay for itself in one day. But to your point, what has his personal experience been ROI wise? Curious myself. I hammered the 5 on the last race but it was bet down to 2-1
    i said 300 races

that good enough for you bro?

RudyRuetigger

hes not BUYING software and winning............PERIOD

he might be SELLING software and winning due to selling to idiots

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

i said 300 races

that good enough for you bro?
    No

OK????

jjgold

Nobody wins horse racing either yeah it’s a fun sport just be careful because there’s no edges

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6237

If you 2nd guess yourself this sport can finish you off

RudyRuetigger

No

OK????
    he will lose after 3

no way anyone makes it to 300

why stop at 3k, 30k will guarantee hes a winner

but fukk, after 3k races....my dog will be eating those winning race horses in DOG FOOD

why would he know the next ones to win?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

The Santa Anita pick six has a nice carryover 548k so far. Let's make some money!!!

RudyRuetigger

wow

How Often Do Racehorses Race? Annual, Monthly, and Lifetime (horseracingsense.com)

a horse races 28 times in its career

yet im to believe dumb fukk charles from indianapolis can cap them all???????????

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When

thats what i want

Rudy, you know it's a tough game.
    Avoiding the gimmick bets imho is key. That's why I stick to p3's and 4's. If I'm out, I'm out.
    Like I've said, for me it's my primary play - along with the win bet over 5-1 on a key horse. I do track my plays so I know where I'm at, always.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Rudy, you know it's a tough game.
    Avoiding the gimmick bets imho is key. That's why I stick to p3's and 4's. If I'm out, I'm out.
    Like I've said, for me it's my primary play - along with the win bet over 5-1 on a key horse. I do track my plays so I know where I'm at, always.
    you pay for a software?

or do you own it?

just admit

factor each in and tell us your stats

you said PM you for winners so we all want to know

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When

hes not BUYING software and winning............PERIOD

he might be SELLING software and winning due to selling to idiots
    Okay, I've been nice to you - even though you've littered this thread with dumb remarks.
    I am not selling anything. I could care less what you may think.
    I win and I lose - how many times do I have to say that till it hit's your brain. Now, go away.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

wow

How Often Do Racehorses Race? Annual, Monthly, and Lifetime (horseracingsense.com)

yet im to believe dumb fukk charles from indianapolis can cap them all???????????
    This is only part of the story, there's more to horseracing than the horse.

Jockeys themselves provide a lot of races and you can't forget the most important aspect, the track which has hundreds of horces racing on them in any short time period.

Also important is horse going from one type of track to the next, something else there can be alot of data for.

I agree with those complaining about the odds not being fixed, but it can also work for you.

I've known several players who rely on an algo they've gotten from someone else to bet horses and they do profit over time. Before going to the track, I remember one guy used to make us wait 20 minutes while all his sheets printed out.

We never lost at the track those days following those suggestions.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Just a heads up - ANY attempt to shill some software either on the forum or via PM is strictly banned. Surely our posters are a bit smarter than to assume this crap will make you a millionaire.

Also for those who may be new to this game: Your PM’s are ALWAYS monitored by staff to prevent this very whoreshit from occurring. You either attempt to shill or ask for a conversation to be taken off the forum not only is utter stupidity but will see you banned.

Good luck with your bets

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Just a heads up - ANY attempt to shill some software either on the forum or via PM is strictly banned. Surely our posters are a bit smarter than to assume this crap will make you a millionaire.

Also for those who may be new to this game: Your PM’s are ALWAYS monitored by staff to prevent this very whoreshit from occurring. You either attempt to shill or ask for a conversation to be taken off the forum not only is utter stupidity but will see you banned.

Good luck with your bets
    you're no fun anymore

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Good luck with your bets
    But.....but.......I wanted to be a millionaire

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13336

Hell, some harness horses run over 40 times in the same year and mostly at the same track. I agree t-b reds tough to track with how they disappear off the grid for months to a year at a time.

wow

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

you're no fun anymore

jjgold

I had a $20 quinella today the highlight of my day

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

So what's the name of the software?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    So what's the name of the software?
    banditshommadehorsemodel.com

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Good luck with your bets
    Some people like whores?

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3451

you have to beat the rake, the juicing, the cheating, and not having the inside info

not to mention having discipline and br mgmt

i cant beat any of those things but im addicted so ill never stop

my handicapping consists of steam plays and trainer angles. maidens are my specialty. i used to be a chalk bettor but now i play more a style of what i hope will happen compared to the old days where i would play what i think it would happen...if im gonna lose i might as well go for the bigger payoffs.

my favorite bets are keying a chalk or 2nd/3rd choice horse on top of a $10 exacta (or even a steam horse sometimes) and key 2 or 3 horse behind for $20/$30. I'll use one long shot and 1 or 2 logical BUT NOT low odds horses. I like to look at the exacta probables to see whose getting steamed up in the exacta pool...i actually look at the pick 3 payables first. Sometimes the double probables. Find a long shot whose getting hit in those pools lower than their projected morning line in comparison to lower m/l horses with higher probables/will pays.

I then turnaround and key the same horse on top of the dime super with another horse i like and play some bombs behind them with all-all trying to catch.

pick 4's are my kryptonite. i love playing them but i always get fkd somehow from big money and then i cant sleep at night. ive been doing this shit for 22 years..i got some stories.

lastly my money maker is usually a good old fashioned win bet on a steam horse. the perfect bet is usually when a horse is 9-2 ml or so and getting hit at 3-1 thats usually a $100 win bet...then ill look for like 8-1 to 10-1 ml getting hit down to 9-2 or so...thats a $50 bet. of course they gotta be getting steamed in the picker pools.

of course all of this is when i just bet blind off the board...sometimes thats all it takes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    you have to beat the rake, the juicing, the cheating, and not having the inside info

not to mention having discipline and br mgmt...
    This is it right here. Modern horse racing^^^^^ and what it takes.

At least one of those things can be in your control. If you position yourself, you can get inside info.

But that's not exactly everyone's cup of tea considering the effort required.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

Tough game no doubt. all the choices to make and the rake is a killer. But the new wave are the tourney sites like Horse tourneys and Derby Wars. lowers the rake and solid bang for your buck. You can get action for up 8-12 races for $12 and less and win upwards to 1K. and those are the average games. Some player scored a 200K victory on a $1500 buy in game this summer on horse tourneys. There are feeder games involved to qualify for less. Overall a great game, and in moderation it's all good. I think the tourney sites help one accomplish that. BOL to anyone playing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WireWire

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3451

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This is it right here. Modern horse racing^^^^^ and what it takes.

At least one of those things can be in your control. If you position yourself, you can get inside info.

But that's not exactly everyone's cup of tea considering the effort required.
    The general public is at a disadvantage before they even open the program or head to the window.

I was never even in the "know" and on several occasions just by making small talk, having a friend of a friend, or on more than one occasion a case of someone simply feeling sorry for my degenerate ass...I was able to either make a quick buck or save some bucks.

I had an owner at the otb tell me "that's my runner in race 9 at maywood. Don't bet him. He'll be first or 2nd choice but we just plan on jogging him around the track". Sure enough the horse got slammed down to 4/5 and finished 6th. Horse looked like a monster on paper.

Walked by a pretty woman to get a beer and hot dog before the 12 race card started at balmoral park on a Saturday night and usually it's not my style as I'm shy but I told her that whatever she was wearing smelled really good. She thanked me and proceeded to tell me and my buddy she was the wife of one of the drivers (who had 3 or 4rides that night). In a nutshell she told us not to bet on him..joking or not..he didn't even hit the board in any of the races.

Best was when an acquaintance at the otb who had a state trooper buddy that worked the area by Balmoral Park. He apparently pulled over mike oosting one night for a dui and let him go. About a week later this same guy at the otb told us to bet some pig at Hoosier or Indiana downs harness I can't remember, but he was 36-1 with Jason dillander driving and to keep it on the d/l.
    Me and my buddy skeptical as hell (have gotten many many bad tips in the past from multiple ppl) threw 10 bucks on him across the board. This horse drew off like he was secretariat at 36-1.

Just those few examples show how shady the game is. Imagine if you were someone who REALLY had good info
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

First 123 Last