WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Tough game no doubt. all the choices to make and the rake is a killer. But the new wave are the tourney sites like Horse tourneys and Derby Wars. lowers the rake and solid bang for your buck. You can get action for up 8-12 races for $12 and less and win upwards to 1K. and those are the average games. Some player scored a 200K victory on a $1500 buy in game this summer on horse tourneys. There are feeder games involved to qualify for less. Overall a great game, and in moderation it's all good. I think the tourney sites help one accomplish that. BOL to anyone playing.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 758

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Horse racing match up so you’re only edge anything else please just do it for entertainment purposes only or you’ll lose everything and jump off a bridge
    Jump off a bridge he says... which one?

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 758

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    So what's the name of the software?
    http://www.ask8ball.net/

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its a sport you keep coming back to even after big loses

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16267

More Horse Racing Stupidity. Im Going back to the track Lone Star in Dallas on July 9 and 10th a Friday and Saturday.I was looking forward to a great Friday and Saturday Night out. Post times are 2.30pm.Why are they having racing on a Friday at that time when it is going to be a 100 degrees.So Dumb.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horse racing just isn’t well regulated and the vig is too high, it’s not a good market.

jjgold

They say it’s a game for the degenerate gambler

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11720

Its the only sport where i bet a $1 and won $4000 on a pick 4. I didnt handicap the race and picked numbers and
    2-3-6-1 are numbers i will never forget!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Canterbury opens today. Get some!

tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Stop it,bet horse racing only for fun only.

jjgold

We all love action

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Like a fiend for nicotine

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

This is why I only play the races that I feel confident in and also that I have a high shot of winning

I do the full card to create my selections but in the end you will only see me bet between 2-4 races max sometimes less

The bets I focus on are WPS along with Exacta and Superfecta I don't do doubles unless I have 2 solid selections that would make up a double and for the Pick 3's 4's 5's 6's I don't bother because I would rather save money and focus on the bets I can hit

I also only focus on 2-3 tracks per year and that is Oaklawn Park from January-may Woodbine from April-December and Hong Kong from September-July sometimes I will look at Remington Park but not this year I am thinking of looking at Woodbine instead

Here is my Top 10 checklist that I have followed throughout my handicapping career :
    1) Focus on bets you have a high chance of winning or have had success with in the past
    2) DON'T bet every race! You will lose more money this way
    3) Focus on 1-3 tracks and get familiar with everything about the track (track bias/jockeys-trainers owners/posts etc)
    4) Keep a honest betting record (hencing #1 for winning bets)
    5) Have a good sized bankroll that you can play with; once your up or have lost it all DON'T REINVEST
    6) Use good past performances that you are used to; even it's the track program
    7) Start you handicapping with focusing on the favourite; if vulnerable you have a excellent race to handicap for VALUE!
    8) To find my contenders I will use Brisnet's Prime Power or ProfitLine and then handicap those horses ONLY
    9) After the races are done look at the horses who have won today and see if you can pick up anything that could be useful next time
    10) DON'T play while you are intoxicated

#8 on the list is a iffy on because not everyone uses Brisnet pp's or has access to ProfitLine so it could be a Top 9 checklist vs Top 10

Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Some guys lie to themselves believing you can make a career betting horses lol

Dr. Fager
    Update your status
    Dr. Fager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

OP has the most bewildering post of this lengthy thread. Watches thoroughbred racing but doesn't bet a penny on it? Right, nothing more entertaining than watching a group of horses running around an oval 9x over a five hours period or so, with no financial stake. Let me finish reading the last two hundred pages of this 1989 phone book directory and I'll continue. Oh, he's an owner I get it.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    This is why I only play the races that I feel confident in and also that I have a high shot of winning

I do the full card to create my selections but in the end you will only see me bet between 2-4 races max sometimes less

The bets I focus on are WPS along with Exacta and Superfecta I don't do doubles unless I have 2 solid selections that would make up a double and for the Pick 3's 4's 5's 6's I don't bother because I would rather save money and focus on the bets I can hit

I also only focus on 2-3 tracks per year and that is Oaklawn Park from January-may Woodbine from April-December and Hong Kong from September-July sometimes I will look at Remington Park but not this year I am thinking of looking at Woodbine instead

Here is my Top 10 checklist that I have followed throughout my handicapping career :
    1) Focus on bets you have a high chance of winning or have had success with in the past
    2) DON'T bet every race! You will lose more money this way
    3) Focus on 1-3 tracks and get familiar with everything about the track (track bias/jockeys-trainers owners/posts etc)
    4) Keep a honest betting record (hencing #1 for winning bets)
    5) Have a good sized bankroll that you can play with; once your up or have lost it all DON'T REINVEST
    6) Use good past performances that you are used to; even it's the track program
    7) Start you handicapping with focusing on the favourite; if vulnerable you have a excellent race to handicap for VALUE!
    8) To find my contenders I will use Brisnet's Prime Power or ProfitLine and then handicap those horses ONLY
    9) After the races are done look at the horses who have won today and see if you can pick up anything that could be useful next time
    10) DON'T play while you are intoxicated

#8 on the list is a iffy on because not everyone uses Brisnet pp's or has access to ProfitLine so it could be a Top 9 checklist vs Top 10

Thanks

First 123