IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

You act like you've been proven right. Is he leading the Blazers to the championship?

IBetYou

Tolliver was great at the time. Active body, knocked down open shots. Anthony has improved a bit since. People change -look at D.Howard. He was a shell of himself in Washington, then a bit better in LA, now even better in Philly. Not always a steady decline.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I mean, I remember starting a thread or commentating in like 2019ish, "why isn't any team signing Carmelo Anthony?" and there was a huge debate on this forum if Melo was better than several bench players in the league. Guys on this site were telling me that playing like Anthony Tolliver were better players than Carmelo because they knew how to "stretch the floor." I can't believe ppl actually believed that a 8 or 9 or 12th man off the bench of shitty teams who average 1.8 ppg were better than Carmelo Anthony. And guys on this site actually believed that in their hearts. Fools.

The moment Melo starts averaging 7 or 8 ppg he will retire. He's one of the best scorers in the history of the league. Kobe knocked him out of the playoffs like 3 times. Otherwise Denver would surely have a ring.

So is Carmelo a hall of famer? Of course, he's one of the best scorers in the history of the league. He brought home like 3 or 4 gold medals to the USA. He won a college championship when he was 19 years old and was the best player on the court by far in every game. There's nothing Melo hasn't accomplished besides an NBA championship. He's done everything.

I just call it how it is. Ppl like to shit on the guy, but he had an excellent career. The second half of his career, he never got to play with any great players. Stoudemire was good for 1 year then got injured. Then they tried to turn him into a spot in the corner player in Houston and OKC and that was a disaster.

It's a shame he had to battle against Kobe cause the guy would have had more success if not.
    how did I know goatmilk made a post and then see this thread? I knew he had a novel to write because Melo is the greatest player to ever live in this dipshits book.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Melo shoots 10-57 every night, can't play a lick of defense or anything else but goatmilk is there to suck him off at every turn.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

lol goatmilk Anthony only averages 13 points a game and is shooting less than 40%. He's still a minus player on defense

He's accepted his role as a role player which is good but still most teams would take a 3 point shooter over him without blinking

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Last edited by SteveKerrsJunk; 02-27-21 at 01:15 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

That frame only shows why the NBA is the dumbest pile of shit league there in the pro sports.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Should have a “no defense era” version.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Doesn't really matter does it? Didn't Doris Burke make the HOF a few years ago? FFS
    Yeah, she made the broadcasters wing of the HoF.
    She knows what she's talking about, she does hold the Big East Conference record for most career assists.
    She was a stand out guard at Providence.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

melo vs melo

Last edited by jtoler; 03-02-21 at 01:32 PM.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, she made the broadcasters wing of the HoF.
    She knows what she's talking about, she does hold the Big East Conference record for most career assists.
    She was a stand out guard at Providence.
    Never had a pro career did she? She does a few interviews with Pop as a sideline reporter and then "voila!" she's an expert.

They wanted a female analyst to keep the liberals happy, and she was the best they could come up with.

IBetYou

Quite shocking who they plug in as colour analysts these days. Too many former players. Coaches are the only ones that can provide worthwhile insight. I remember them having Danny Ainge & Doc Rivers not too long ago. Now a bunch of idiots... Richard Jefferson, Grant Hill, "C-Webb" etc

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Carmelo did the bare minimum to be great and a HOF lock, why waste energy on that extra steal a game when you could use that energy to put 5-6 more shots. Genius. Haters gonna hate.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Never had a pro career did she? She does a few interviews with Pop as a sideline reporter and then "voila!" she's an expert.

They wanted a female analyst to keep the liberals happy, and she was the best they could come up with.
    Didn't think anybody had issues with Doris Burke of all people...but SBR never lets me down.

IBetYou

Never a coach either... nobody. Like they went into a women's toilets and asked if anyone had some basketball connection.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    lol goatmilk Anthony only averages 13 points a game and is shooting less than 40%. He's still a minus player on defense

He's accepted his role as a role player which is good but still most teams would take a 3 point shooter over him without blinking
    You guys said Anthony Tolliver was better and more valuable to a team than Carmelo.

I win, you lose.

Simple as that.

I always win in the end.

Goat Milk

You act like you've been proven right. Is he leading the Blazers to the championship?
    I was proven right. You lost. Bro you said Anthony Tolliver is more valuable to an NBA team. You said that Alonzo Mckinnie and Quinn Cook were more valuable players. Should I go back to that thread?

Come on, just admit I won this.

No one ever said Melo is going to "lead a team to a championship" at 37 years old dude.

But he is the third option on a team that I guarantee will be competitive in the playoffs.

So the third option on a playoff team, isn't worthy of being in the NBA?

Lmao.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    how did I know goatmilk made a post and then see this thread? I knew he had a novel to write because Melo is the greatest player to ever live in this dipshits book.
    Don't think you ever resorted to a mature discussion on this site without name calling.

Did I ever say Melo is the best player alive?

He's a top 30 player in NBA history though. He will make the hall of fame, guaranteed, and he will go down as one of the top scorers ever.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I was proven right. You lost. Bro you said Anthony Tolliver is more valuable to an NBA team. You said that Alonzo Mckinnie and Quinn Cook were more valuable players. Should I go back to that thread?

Come on, just admit I won this.

No one ever said Melo is going to "lead a team to a championship" at 37 years old dude.

But he is the third option on a team that I guarantee will be competitive in the playoffs.

So the third option on a playoff team, isn't worthy of being in the NBA?

Lmao.
    You're contesting something that
    A) has no significance
    B) has no result
    C) has no prize

As for Tolliver, he was the better player at the time. Anthony has improved his attitude, slimmed down bit, even playing a bit of defense/ closing out to shooters etc. They've accepted him. Prior to this season he refused to be a sub... then he found himself without a contract and no team willing to sign him to be a starter. It was either be a sub or retire. Similar to what Howard went through.

IBetYou

Vehemently contesting I might add. I dare say you're insane.

First 123