Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Serious Question about betting on Over/Under (any sport)

In the long run, does the juice applied to those bets kill your profits...or ?

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

It's like any other bet, the juice gets most everyone in the end.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Of course

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Play Baccarat

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

are you asking if over and unders are juiced more heavily? i don't think so. you will see the line move usually. when it comes to spread, they leave the line sometimes as you see but adjust the price.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Unders take years off your life if you watch the games. Best to put them in and forget it

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post

Unders take years off your life if you watch the games. Best to put them in and forget it

That goes for any bet with large cash on it

place the bet... check score later

$mall wagers are cool to watch

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

lol agreed. overs are such a different feeling.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Volume betting is rare these days it seems. At least not too many on this board seems to truly be faced with dealing with the long term effects of needing to go at least 55%+ win rate. ALOT of shot taker on this forums, which if you think about it show how many are truly recreational. Winning is winning, stupid phrase but betting in volume only sucks if you aren't already hitting at a 60%+ clip or better.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post

ALOT of shot taker on this forums...

Rudy is #1

Vyasports

Thanks everybody for your input.

I still have doubt about my long term betting strategy involving over/under. Sometimes i use live betting to cover my bets... but ...man... talk about heavy juice!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    Thanks everybody for your input.

I still have doubt about my long term betting strategy involving over/under. Sometimes i use live betting to cover my bets... but ...man... talk about heavy juice!!
    Id the juice necessarily heavier on O/U than on spreads? Depends on your outs, I guess. Like anything else, line shopping and bet timing is key. Totals can move a lot and the final crosses the move a lot.

Vyasports

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Id the juice necessarily heavier on O/U than on spreads? Depends on your outs, I guess. Like anything else, line shopping and bet timing is key. Totals can move a lot and the final crosses the move a lot.
    I agree with you, timing is key; like I said I use live betting to cover my bets and I have been losing a few ones just because my live bet was pending/processing...
    Actually I have years of experiences betting on over/under (a few books limited/suspended me too), yet im still figuring out how to master it. I may sound like a noob here (English is not my first language)

Any more input much appreciated?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    I agree with you, timing is key; like I said I use live betting to cover my bets and I have been losing a few ones just because my live bet was pending/processing...
    Actually I have years of experiences betting on over/under (a few books limited/suspended me too), yet im still figuring out how to master it. I may sound like a noob here (English is not my first language)

Any more input much appreciated?
    "Live" bets on basketball are pretty ridiculous. Basically impossible other than timeouts, and even then tricky.

I would just say don't "cover" live unless you like that new bet independent of your existing bet. And betting live be sure to have several outs and a really good view of the market by looking at several outs.

If you've been limited/suspended, you're doing something right. Badge of honor.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Totally! Can't bet an under and watch.