pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Glad to see The game was moved out of California and to a state that will allow some fans to attend -
    I feel sorry for the Notre Dame fans attending. They will witness a massacre.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    ND a good team. They won’t get their asses kicked. If I’m wrong, well then I’ll pay with my wallet. Putting $3k on then +12. But they’re a solid team. Don’t think they’ll win but this will be a close game. People underestimate just how good ND is in the trenches. They may be better than Bama, and that’s not just coming from my mouth but guys like Herbstrsit and Palmer who have said the exact same thing.
    Well... I hear you buddy but very hard to win twice against the same team and Clemson is who we thought they were. They needed the last play against Clemson and some guy last time. I don’t discount anything about the quality of ND or their program outside of when they play the next upper level. Hope you didn’t put $3k on that abortion. They might not score against Alabama.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Umm, the ACC and SEC would have played in Mexico if that's what it took to get the season in, Notre Dame playing or not had nothing to do with it
    No doubt in my mind the sec would have continued but the big 10 expected the acc, b12 to follow them. It was reported everywhere that ND was pushing for a season when a lot of teams were quick to shut down. The SEC who you claim were very eager to play still started like 2 or so weeks after the ACC.
    https://www.si.com/college/notredame...ootball-season

People doubt ND's relevance but BK just got the rose bowl moved.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    No doubt in my mind the sec would have continued but the big 10 expected the acc, b12 to follow them. It was reported everywhere that ND was pushing for a season when a lot of teams were quick to shut down. The SEC who you claim were very eager to play still started like 2 or so weeks after the ACC.
    https://www.si.com/college/notredame...ootball-season

People doubt ND's relevance but BK just got the rose bowl moved.
    ND is totally relevant. It’s just an easy program for people to dislike/hate on but they are relevant. I’m a Michigan guy and life is a little better with that game on the schedule! Looking forward to the playoffs!

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    ND is totally relevant. It’s just an easy program for people to dislike/hate on but they are relevant. I’m a Michigan guy and life is a little better with that game on the schedule! Looking forward to the playoffs!
    Im right there with you. Aside from the playoffs i dont give a shit about bowl games. I get more excited to play Michigan/ USC in the regular season than say ISU in a bowl. ND Michigan just hits different.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

When Kelly and ND lose by 3 or more touchdowns. Maybe he will be quite

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

If you are a 20 point dog you are not one of the top 4 teams in the country.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

nd should not be in the final 4, the college football got to change the playoffs crap....they got it right in the basketball, how in the world can they be this bs in the football

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    If you are a 20 point dog you are not one of the top 4 teams in the country.
    A&M lost to them by 28. You really think their spread would be less? Give me a break.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

A&M lost to them by 28. You really think their spread would be less? Give me a break.
    Florida, Georgia and Oklahoma would all beat ND on a neutral field and they wouldn't be 20 point dogs against Alabama.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I feel sorry for the Notre Dame fans attending. They will witness a massacre.
    I don’t disagree - I don’t have an opinion on wether they should be a final four team or not -

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Florida, Georgia and Oklahoma would all beat ND on a neutral field and they wouldn't be 20 point dogs against Alabama.
    Agree on Georgia and Florida, but they’re not going to get in with five losses combined.

Oklahoma would get massacred much worse than ND. Their defense is a joke. That spread would be around 21-24.

I think ND is going to keep it close only bc everyone is saying it’s going to be a massacre and I’ve learned to always go the opposite. Plus I do think they match up better with Bama than a full-strength Clemson who I think will win the Champjonship for the same reason they did in 2018. They’ll move the ball on Bama’s D which has holes. ND won’t win, but I’ll take the points. Should be a 38-24 kinda game.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Nobody knows what will happen until they play the games. Who thought the Bungles would beat the Steelers 3 weeks ago? Which is why I think the CFP should allow more teams in. A 5, 6, 7, or even 8 team play in tourney. I think Cinci and TAM both had as much discussion to get in, if not more than ND. I don’t mind ND getting in but allow a couple more teams as well. The 4 team model is flawed. You need flexibility to add a few more teams.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Nobody knows what will happen until they play the games. Who thought the Bungles would beat the Steelers 3 weeks ago? Which is why I think the CFP should allow more teams in. A 5, 6, 7, or even 8 team play in tourney. I think Cinci and TAM both had as much discussion to get in, if not more than ND. I don’t mind ND getting in but allow a couple more teams as well. The 4 team model is flawed. You need flexibility to add a few more teams.
    I don’t know about Cinci. I was for them until I saw them play Tulsa. They didn’t impress me and leave me with the feeling that they’d beat anyone in the top 10.

I personally think the best 4 teams are Clemson, Bama, Georgia and Florida. But resume wise, I think the top 4 are Clemson, Bama, ND and maybe OSU. I think A&M is way overrated and was handed them the game by Florida. I would take Oklahoma and Georgia any day over A&M. But that’s me. I’ve watched A&M a lot this year and they’re not that good. They just played cupcakes. It’s why I keep saying I have issue with leaving ND out of someone makes a better argument, but you can’t make a case for anyone else to put in over them. They have two too-12 wins including over a #1 that still was damn good without TL.

Mac4Lyfe

I don’t know about Cinci. I was for them until I saw them play Tulsa. They didn’t impress me and leave me with the feeling that they’d beat anyone in the top 10.

I personally think the best 4 teams are Clemson, Bama, Georgia and Florida. But resume wise, I think the top 4 are Clemson, Bama, ND and maybe OSU. I think A&M is way overrated and was handed them the game by Florida. I would take Oklahoma and Georgia any day over A&M. But that’s me. I’ve watched A&M a lot this year and they’re not that good. They just played cupcakes. It’s why I keep saying I have issue with leaving ND out of someone makes a better argument, but you can’t make a case for anyone else to put in over them. They have two too-12 wins including over a #1 that still was damn good without TL.
    Since the Bama loss, TAM has looked the best team in football to me. That offensive line is a beast. I’d love to see them play Bama again. Sure Cinci struggled but all teams have a game or two where they struggle. OSU looked like shit against NW. None of our arguments have a bearing on future games. On any given day a huge dog can bite. So the term, 4 best teams is a misnomer. I rather invite all the teams in the discussion and not argue the ND over Cinci or TAM. Let them settle it on the field.

Mac4Lyfe

I do think UGA is playing one of the best football right now. They would be my 3rd pick behind Bama an Clemson tied with TAM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

The presidents don't want a 6 or 8 teamer because they think it will hurt the reg season.

You're stuck with a 4 teamer until 2025 at the earliest.

homie1975

I do think UGA is playing one of the best football right now. They would be my 3rd pick behind Bama an Clemson tied with TAM.
    yes they're playing better since former mater dei and USC starter jt daniels took over at QB. it does not excuse their 16 point loss to FL.

who have they beaten in their last 3 games since the FL loss btw? mizzu? socaro? miss st? you think those are 3 impressive wins?

who did they beat before that FL loss? UK? arkie? auburn? (auburn fired their coach BTW)

i'm not even a notre dame fan but some of you are just straight blind or completely biased.

georgia lost by 17 to bama. we'll see if notre dame can fare better.

(yes i know JT was not the starter when they played bama but it is what it is.. 17 pt loss)

navyblue81

Since the Bama loss, TAM has looked the best team in football to me. That offensive line is a beast. I’d love to see them play Bama again. Sure Cinci struggled but all teams have a game or two where they struggle. OSU looked like shit against NW. None of our arguments have a bearing on future games. On any given day a huge dog can bite. So the term, 4 best teams is a misnomer. I rather invite all the teams in the discussion and not argue the ND over Cinci or TAM. Let them settle it on the field.
    With ND, too many people judging them really on one bad quarter...the second quarter of the Clemson game. If you take that quarter away, the rest of the their season is pretty damn flawless. I just think it’s not fair to crucify ND for one loss to a team that would that have probably killed anyone else that Saturday. And I disagree on A$M. I watched them vs Auburn and LSU and they’re very overrated. Florida should have killed them but shot themselves in the foot over and over.

Personally, I think Clemson is going to beatdown. Ohio State and the beat Alabama too. This smells a lot like 2018. Too much like it when Bama was more hyped but Clemson had the more complete team. Bama’s D has some huge flaws that Clemson can expose, and Clemson has the defense that Florida and A&M don’t. A huge signal will be how ND’s offense moves on Bama’s suspect D. It’s why I’m actually taking ND and the points.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

20 Point dogs... lol might get blown out by 30. Families want to be there? lol Foot in mouth please

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    20 Point dogs... lol might get blown out by 30. Families want to be there? lol Foot in mouth please
    Bama was favored by 17 over FL and you saw how that went.

saban usually has 4 weeks to prep for the semis but right now just about 12-13 days so that could be a factor

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Bama was favored by 17 over FL and you saw how that went.

saban usually has 4 weeks to prep for the semis but right now just about 12-13 days so that could be a factor
    ND is a fukking stain. Worst 10-1 team in a very long time. They'll get their sh#$ pushed in.

homie1975

ND is a fukking stain. Worst 10-1 team in a very long time. They'll get their sh#$ pushed in.
    I think they'll lose but I don't think they're anywhere near as weak as a lot of people seem to think after the clemson blowout.

clemson had many intangibles in their favor which is why a DD victory was pretty easy to predict and not a huge surprise.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

ND starts 10-0

Loses last 2 games by 50 points lol

navyblue81

If they won 10 championships in a row you’d find a way to blast them. Stupid haters. Hate ‘me.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    ND starts 10-0

Very much possible. Like the Heisman trophy Jason White led Oklahoma Sooners who lost the Big 12 championship game and Championship game after a successful regular season. That just shouldn’t happen anymore. No one should be able to lose their last game and play for the championship

homie1975

ND starts 10-0

it has happened before, i am sure. that's what happens when you play in conf championship games and then semifinals of the CFP. sometimes things don't go your way.

i'm a diehard oklahoma sooner fan. i've taken flack for my team underperforming in the old BCS title games and now the semis of the CFP. guess what? WE MADE IT and sometimes things don't go your way.

the bills made 4 straight super bowls. people focus on the 4 straight losses not the fact THEY WON THE PHUKKING AFC FOUR STRAIGHT TIMES

lolol

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Kelly quite while you're behind. NomD get blown out again.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Very much possible. Like the Heisman trophy Jason White led Oklahoma Sooners who lost the Big 12 championship game and Championship game after a successful regular season. That just shouldn’t happen anymore. No one should be able to lose their last game and play for the championship
    OK, no one should be allowed to play for the title if they cannot win their division. What do you do when there are two clearly superior teams, maybe Ohio State is also?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

ND is the Dallas Cowboys of college football...always talked about and overrated every year but been 32 years since they were relevant

Tide won’t even need to play their starters to win this game

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    ND is the Dallas Cowboys of college football...always talked about and overrated every year but been 32 years since they were relevant

LOL ND is legit in the trenches but not at skill positions. It's a shame football has come down to who can recruit the biggest prima dona at WR and hang on to a QB to start his 4 or 5 year.

nickfolker23
    kickers ;(
    nickfolker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

So are fans in or out?

homie1975

LOL ND is legit in the trenches but not at skill positions. It's a shame football has come down to who can recruit the biggest prima dona at WR and hang on to a QB to start his 4 or 5 year.
    name a big time college qb who has played more than 2-3 years in the last decade or even two decades?

trevor lawrence? third year
    tua? 2 years
    justin fields? second year
    baker mayfield? two years at OU (a year at texas tech)

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post

1988 Lou Holtz 12–0 W Fiesta 1 1
    1989 Lou Holtz 12–1 W Orange 3 2
    1990 Lou Holtz 9–3 L Orange 6 6
    1991 Lou Holtz 10–3 W Sugar 12 13
    1992 Lou Holtz 10–1–1 W Cotton 4 4
    1993 Lou Holtz 11–1 W Cotton 2 2

1995 Lou Holtz 9–3 L Orange 13 11
    1996 Lou Holtz 8–3 21 19
    1997 Bob Davie 7–6 L Independence
    1998 Bob Davie 9–3 L Gator 22 22
    1999 Bob Davie 5–7