clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

When they lose by 3 touchdowns tomorrow. Kelly may regret his statement
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Because the families can watch the games on tv like everyone else. Is Kelly paying for all these families travel? Fukk him.
    You're a moron. None of these kids were able to go home for thanksgivings to see their family and wont be able to for christmas. They've sacrificed a lot to play. They should be able to at least have their parents in the stands. If this is a covid safety issue maybe dont send kids 2000+ miles to Pasadena where currently numbers at hospitals are seeing new highs according to them.
    https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/202...gton-hospital/

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

settle down gore ish

Vene1616
    6:1 6:0 6:2
    Vene1616's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19155

Families? What about future pros and draft stock?

What a moron

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

For the record, Dabo pretty much said the same thing. He just didn’t threaten to sit out. I don’t think Kelly would, either. He’s just trying to make a point, and a good one. There’s no reason whatsoever families shouldn’t be allowed into these games. These stadiums are big enough to social distance. Let them watch.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

I’m not a ND fan and don’t really care about ND football or Kelly one way or another —- but Kelly should be commended for this! He just changed the narrative and shed light on the political hypocrisy of all this covid restriction and lock down. If California chooses to shut things down then they loose the privilege to host a game it’s that simple. Texas and Florida have venues that can host with fans.

khaden

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Let families attend as this is a free Country right? ..
    No! we are no longer a free country

nickfolker23
    kickers ;(
    nickfolker23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    I’m not a ND fan and don’t really care about ND football or Kelly one way or another —- but Kelly should be commended for this! He just changed the narrative and shed light on the political hypocrisy of all this covid restriction and lock down. If California chooses to shut things down then they loose the privilege to host a game it’s that simple. Texas and Florida have venues that can host with fans.

This!

+1

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Kelly's tenure thus features one student killed in the name of getting video shots of practice in a windstorm so his take here that the Irish reserve the right to potentially put more lives at risk in the name of footbawl is completely on brand
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bruceBRUCEbruce 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    For the record, Dabo pretty much said the same thing. He just didn’t threaten to sit out.
    That's because unlike Kelly Dabo knows when exactly to shut up and stop talking.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    Kelly's tenure thus features one student killed in the name of getting video shots of practice in a windstorm so his take here that the Irish reserve the right to potentially put more lives at risk in the name of footbawl is completely on brand
    Stupid post of the Year right here. What a moron.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 849

He’s a blow hard per the usual. He’ll shut up and play. Won’t matter anyway... they will get their ass kicked here shortly.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    He’s a blow hard per the usual. He’ll shut up and play. Won’t matter anyway... they will get their ass kicked here shortly.
    ND a good team. They won’t get their asses kicked. If I’m wrong, well then I’ll pay with my wallet. Putting $3k on then +12. But they’re a solid team. Don’t think they’ll win but this will be a close game. People underestimate just how good ND is in the trenches. They may be better than Bama, and that’s not just coming from my mouth but guys like Herbstrsit and Palmer who have said the exact same thing.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

People underestimate just how good ND is in the trenches. They may be better than Bama, and that’s not just coming from my mouth but guys like Herbstrsit and Palmer who have said the exact same thing.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    You're a moron. None of these kids were able to go home for thanksgivings to see their family and wont be able to for christmas. They've sacrificed a lot to play. They should be able to at least have their parents in the stands. If this is a covid safety issue maybe dont send kids 2000+ miles to Pasadena where currently numbers at hospitals are seeing new highs according to them.
    https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/202...gton-hospital/
    You’re an idiot if you think the players haven’t seen their parents for months unless they chose not to. They turned senior day into family day a few weeks ago. They’ve been on winter break a while ago as well. They’ve had plenty of time to visit family or have family visit them.

Do you really think CF is going to cancel the fukking Rose Bowl? That bowl brings in the most money, fans or no fans. This is not a Covid issue, it’s a Fukk in money grab and Kelly should know that.

navyblue81

Did you read the “in the trenches” part. Didn’t say the team was better. Many have called NDs O-line the best in college football, experts like Herbstrsit and Palmer. So pipe down on the laughter there, chief, and read more carefully before you laugh. When it comes to skill positions offensively, no one touches Bama.

Mac4Lyfe

Did you read the “in the trenches” part. Didn’t say the team was better. Many have called NDs O-line the best in college football, experts like Herbstrsit and Palmer. So pipe down on the laughter there, chief, and read more carefully before you laugh. When it comes to skill positions offensively, no one touches Bama.
    I don’t care what crying Herbie and Palmer say. Iowa and NW have more lineman rated higher. Sure the Irish line is experienced but they’ve also had injuries. They do not have the top rank guys like Alabama, Clemson and OSU have. I can name several other teams as well.

Also having quality skill positions especially at QB makes a line look so much better.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I don’t care what crying Herbie and Palmer say. Iowa and NW have more lineman rated higher. Sure the Irish line is experienced but they’ve also had injuries. They do not have the top rank guys like Alabama, Clemson and OSU have. I can name several other teams as well.

Also having quality skill positions especially at QB makes a line look so much better.
    Sounds like they should play Ball St or Indiana instead of playing for the National Championship.

navyblue81

Disagree. I’ve watched every Nd game and every game Bama game this year. When it comes to lineman, ND is a little bit better. It’s the strength of their team and why they are where they are with absolutely very little skill at the WR position and an average qb. They are dominant on the lines. Put their line on Bama and Bama would actually be even better, which is scary to fathom. They pressure the qb more more than the other top 4. No I haven’t watched as much NW and Iowa football bc they aren’t stellar teams and from watching NW now, their DL isn’t anything special, so I go by Herbie and Palmer and when they say ND is the best college football team in the trenches, that says a lot.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Sounds like they should play Ball St or Indiana instead of playing for the National Championship.
    ND is a great team. I’m not trying to put them down, although Kelly should have kept his mouth shut. They have a very experienced Offensive line which is one of the best in the country but they are not as talented individually as some other teams. Their best lineman is probably behind at least 25 other linemen in the draft. They have every right to be in the CFP discussion and control their own destiny.

Mac4Lyfe

Disagree. I’ve watched every Nd game and every game Bama game this year. When it comes to lineman, ND is a little bit better. It’s the strength of their team and why they are where they are with absolutely very little skill at the WR position and an average qb. They are dominant on the lines. Put their line on Bama and Bama would actually be even better, which is scary to fathom. They pressure the qb more more than the other top 4. No I haven’t watched as much NW and Iowa football bc they aren’t stellar teams and from watching NW now, their DL isn’t anything special, so I go by Herbie and Palmer and when they say ND is the best college football team in the trenches, that says a lot.
    I’m sorry, for some reason I thought you meant only on offense. I was ranking their OLine which is good but not the individual ballers that will go high in the draft. I’m not sure about the DLine.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

You have a better chance of seeing God than ND deciding not to show ....

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

People forget that when the big 10, pac 12 and others were canceling their season Notre dame said no and saved college football.
    Umm, the ACC and SEC would have played in Mexico if that's what it took to get the season in, Notre Dame playing or not had nothing to do with it

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

He was right. Norte Dame hasn't show up to play the championship game. This is a blowout. Nice job coach.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

So now they get to p;ay Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on 1/1. What a rout that will be. 'Bama will crush them, as usual.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

Insert foot in mouth Kelly

GOIRISH

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...to-cotton-bowl
    Rose bowl moved out of California

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They shouldn't be in the Playoff. They will get their asses handed to them by Bama.

GOIRISH

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They shouldn't be in the Playoff. They will get their asses handed to them by Bama.
    They would do that to any 4 spot team though.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I think 1 loss ND for this season sounds better than 2 loss ND for his legacy.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

No shit.
    If Alabama had a healthy Waddle i firmly believe they could give the N.Y. Jets a good game.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

1. Bama
    2. Clemson
    3. Ohio state
    4. Notre Dame

Committee got what they needed in Clemson v notre dame to justify dropping ND to the 4 slot to avoid a trilogy in the semis

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

They won’t get their asses kicked. If I’m wrong, well then I’ll pay with my wallet. Putting $3k on then +12.
    Stupid post of the Year right here. What a moron.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

The CFP committee has been very predictable each of the first 6Y of the playoff (2014 thru 2019 inclusive) including 2014 when ohio state jumped tcu on championship weekend.

I believe today will be no different. It's bama Clemson ohio state and notre dame and likely in that order.

khaden

Glad to see The game was moved out of California and to a state that will allow some fans to attend -

First 1234 Last