PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

<<<WHOA what a JAWDROPPER!...........!...>>>

Was just capping my CB hoops card for the day and came across something odd
    when I was looking at the Murray State Vs. Middle Tennessee matchup
    for a possible play when I saw Mur St had scored 173 points in their season opener.

And I was like that has to be a record for any division 1 team in all of history
    even though Greenville is D-III team
    Well it was close but no cigar.. however I opened an interesting
    frustrating can of worms in the process..

The Murray State Racers scored a record-breaking season opening win 173-95 over the visiting Greenville Panthers at the CFSB Center in Murray, Ky. The 173 points were tied for the fourth-most by a Division I team in NCAA history.

Turns out the can of worms I opened seems to be a round and round circle jerk
    of confusion..

Anyone know the real highest score ever by a single team in a ncaa div. 1 basketball game?

fourth-most? Division 1? WTF?

This one here confused my ass even more!
    V

The 1992 Troy State vs. DeVry men's basketball game is the highest-scoring men's basketball game in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) history, regardless of division classification.

Try and make sense of this cluster fukk below.
    maybe I'm not seeing this shit clearly.
    I dunno, you tell me.. Lol!!!!
    V

MURRAY STATE 173, GREENVILLE 95
    MURRAY, Ky.
    - The Murray State Racers scored a record-breaking season opening win 173-95 over the visiting Greenville Panthers at the CFSB Center in Murray, Ky.

The 173 points were tied for the fourth-most by a Division I team in NCAA history.

The records that fell in the first game of the 96th season of Racer Basketball are many; including the MSU single-game scoring mark of 173, as it easily surpassed the 138 the Racers scored against Campbellsville at old Racer Arena in 1994. The combined score of 268 points is also a new MSU program record, besting the 233 the Racers and Southeast Missouri scored in 2014. MSU's first half scoring mark was 62, accomplished three times with the last coming in 2018. The Racers scored 87 in the opening half to smash that record. MSU's 86 points in the second half is also a school record, surpassing the old mark of 81 in the same 1994 game with Campbellsville.

The Racers also rewrote the record book in the Ohio Valley Conference with league records for points, points in one half, combined points and most field goals attempted.

Every one of MSU's 14 players scored, including 10 in double-figures. KJ Williams had 22 points and Devin Gilmore scored a career-high 20 as the two combined to make 20-of-23 shots. Justice Hill (three points shy with 10 rebounds and 11 assists) and Tevin Brown (two rebounds and one assist shy with 10 points) each flirted with a triple-double. Freshmen Dionte Bostick, Ja'Queze Kirby, Nicholas McMullen, Jackson Sivills and Matthew Smith all got into the act and scored their first points in their Murray State careers.

The style of play Greenville uses lends to high scoring games as they entered the contest averaging 99 points in losses to Samford and UMKC. The Racers held GU under their average and were able to handle the Panther's full-court press which led to scoring 62 fast break points and 142 points in the paint. The Racers also held a 79-31 advantage on the boards. The Racers ended the game making 77-of-105 from the field for 73 percent, while they held Greenfield to 28 percent on 30-of-107.

The win also pushed the Racers' home court winning streak to 22.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

hey pauly what do you think of your steelers today

are you pounding beers for the game?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they'll win but I don't like the ATS.