pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    ND might beat Clemson and then Tigers out

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They not out unless they beat them again though jj is right.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Osu can't be considered playing only 5 games and then not winning the conference. They along with the rest of the big ten have only themselves to blame. They quit on what has been a very nice college season

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

For F's sake...So Ohio State won their spot on signing day: is that what you are telling me? Blame the BigI0. It's not a beauty contest. Games have to be played, gauntlets have to be ran...Reward the teams that at least ran through something.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Michigan should definitely hold off on playing the game

Double win by not losing badly abg denying ohio St the east title
    I like this Brock

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Can’t wait to see Clemson play ND

Clemson wins easily with their full squad
    ND might beat Clemson and then Tigers out
    Ya, of course, they would be more fired up to play that game. Besides being the better team, perhaps, they have a million things going their way in a rematch.

ND was destined to win that game, with or without Lawrence and Dabo earning calls via his whining ( and I like Dabo and Clemson)

If ND beats Clemson again, this will be the best playoff resumé we have seen since this thing began.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I see that you guys are once again demonstrating your total ignorance of the situation here. This is the way to stacks up as of now. Barring any unforseen major upsets: Alabama and Notre Dame are IN. Period. No discussion. All the Big 12 teams are OUT. Period. No discussion. So we have the following teams left: Ohio State, Clemson, Florida, Texas A&M, USC, Washington, and Cincinnati. If Ohio State plays the rest of their games and wins out, they are in. If Clemson wins out, they are in. If Florida wins out, they are in. If either USC or Washington win out and go undefeated, they have a chance to qualify over a 1 loss team. Cincinnati is the longest shot on the board. A&M gets in if Alabama beats Florida in the SEC Championship game, Notre Dame beats Clemson in the ACC Championship game, and both USC and Washington lose or fail to qualify to win the Pac 12 Championship. If Ohio State, Clemson and Florida all win, someone is really going to be pissed off because they are going to be odd man out.

Wrongside

Big Daddy. Yes, you are right, but I don't like it. I never do. A lot of commentators get this wrong all the time. They say things like "this year's committee is telling us something by putting them so low." BS, they are just pretending to be consistent. Get ready for "they felt that Ohio State demonstrated they were one of the best four teams by their win in the BIg10 Championship game (that the conference, officials and generally other crappy teams would never let them lose). "

I have never been a huge SEC fan. Perception has just become a reality with that conference in the last three years, especially ( I am talking real depth here). And they played the games this year. Give them two or three teams. This is the year for it.
    Last edited by Wrongside; 12-01-20 at 11:55 AM.

stake1

Osu needs to play their last 2 games to qualify for the conference "of quitters" championship. Looks like a longshot

stake1

Other note about Osu. If they are able to play at Sparty this weekend? Day is not coaching the team

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I agree with you on a lot of this as well as the QB having a great year...I am just not sold on Brian Kelly
    I’m the opposite. Kelly’s turned that program from a laughing stock in 2010 to a regular top-10 team and now championship contender. He hasn’t been able to beat the big teams because they were very simply better than ND. This is the first year I see ND on the same level with these other schools because Kelly was finally given the green light by Admin to be more aggressive in recruiting and understood the importance of doing everything possible to have the most dominant OL in football.

I still don’t think they’re better than Bama, but I do think they’re on par with Clemson this year and better than OSU.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Committee says if Ohio St does not play another game they are in

Ok now it will be ok

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

LMAO...

1 Alabama 8-0
    2 Notre Dame 9-0
    3 Ohio State 4-0
    4 Clemson 8-1

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7295

Looks like OSU is on to play Sparty this week. Even if Michigan wusses out the following week I would bet another game is canceled and OSU plays 1 of those teams. Then they win against NW and end up 7-0 and are in as the #3 seed regardless what happens in the ND/Clemson game.
    Their offense is definately a problem for ND if they play and I would bet Fields/Day over Book/Kelly every time.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Looks like OSU is on to play Sparty this week. Even if Michigan wusses out the following week I would bet another game is canceled and OSU plays 1 of those teams. Then they win against NW and end up 7-0 and are in as the #3 seed regardless what happens in the ND/Clemson game.
    Their offense is definately a problem for ND if they play and I would bet Fields/Day over Book/Kelly every time.
    You would most definitely LOSE that wager. Ohio State has a better chance at the playoff if they backed in rather than beating a wuss team like Northwestern, who is not Guaranteed a spot in the Big 10 Championship game. Again you guys really have no idea. It is quite simple. If Florida defeats Alabama and Clemson defeats Notre Dame, then those four are in and everyone else is out, including a rather questionable Ohio State team. Look who they played.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You would most definitely LOSE that wager. Ohio State has a better chance at the playoff if they backed in rather than beating a wuss team like Northwestern, who is not Guaranteed a spot in the Big 10 Championship game. Again you guys really have no idea. It is quite simple. If Florida defeats Alabama and Clemson defeats Notre Dame, then those four are in and everyone else is out, including a rather questionable Ohio State team. Look who they played.
    LOL the Final 4 NCAA football isn't going to be 2 ACC teams and 2 SEC teams. That will NEVER happen, the other conferences will scream bloodys murder and blow up the entire playoff/ bowl series picture going forward.

stake1

Committee says if Ohio St does not play another game they are in

Ok now it will be ok
    wow that is great news Jj. I’m guessing this is how you would seed the four:
    1. Osu
    2. Alabama
    3. Notre dame
    4. Clemson

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    LOL the Final 4 NCAA football isn't going to be 2 ACC teams and 2 SEC teams. That will NEVER happen, the other conferences will scream bloodys murder and blow up the entire playoff/ bowl series picture going forward.
    Do you think for one second that anyone on the committee cares about what people in the worthless Midwest care about football? The Big 10 took the Big S**t this year. They are f**king worthless as a conference. Other than Ohio State,, name one decent team in that conference. Just ONE. And don't tell me Minnesota. Worthless team, worthless State. With the ACC changing their schedule around to GUARANTEE a Notre Dame-Clemson Match up, and with AT LEAST two SEC Teams better than Ohio State (and up to 4), there is a very good chance that two ACC and two SEC teams get in, especially if Clemson and Florida win the playoff games. Let's face it. The Big 10 is a worthless conference.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7295

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Do you think for one second that anyone on the committee cares about what people in the worthless Midwest care about football? The Big 10 took the Big S**t this year. They are f**king worthless as a conference. Other than Ohio State,, name one decent team in that conference. Just ONE. And don't tell me Minnesota. Worthless team, worthless State. With the ACC changing their schedule around to GUARANTEE a Notre Dame-Clemson Match up, and with AT LEAST two SEC Teams better than Ohio State (and up to 4), there is a very good chance that two ACC and two SEC teams get in, especially if Clemson and Florida win the playoff games. Let's face it. The Big 10 is a worthless conference.
    You are literally out of your mind if you think the committee leaves out a 7-0 Ohio State in favor of a 1 loss Alabama or Notre Dame.
    2 of 3 main data points is 1- Conference champion and 2- losses. OSU gets the edge on both Bama/ND and no way the committee puts a 1 loss team in over OSU. Not ever going to happen.

First 12