7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1708

Central Mich/ Eastern Mich

Just wondering if anyone saw the end of the 1st qtr? On my phone it said Eastern Mich had 3rd down and threw an incomplete pass with 1 second left on the clock, making it 4th down. Then it said it was the end of the qtr and Eastern Mich kicked the fg to start the 2nd qtr. Was the incomplete pass at the end of the 1st something where there was no time on the clock, or did it look like there was still 1 second and the refs let the time run off?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

scoreboard says 7-6 emu

7deuceoff$uit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    scoreboard says 7-6 emu
    I'm asking if the 3rd down incomplete pass happened with no time left in the qtr, or if it looked like there was 1 second left and the refs opted to just run the clock off.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

play by play seems like qtr ended before fg

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

Let me see if the game is on youtubeTV. I can rewatch the first quarter end to see what happened.

7deuceoff$uit

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Let me see if the game is on youtubeTV. I can rewatch the first quarter end to see what happened.
    Thanks, I appreciate that. Not that it matters now, but when I was following on my phone it said 1 second was left in the qtr after the incomplete pass, but then the qtr was over before the kicked the fg. Could have been the qtr was over and my phone was incorrect, but i'm just curious about how it happened.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

More MACtion funny business at the end. I had Cent Mich -6 1/2. They scored to come within 21-23 with about 4 minutes left in the game.

I turned off the game thinking there was no way they would cover the -6 1/2. Cent Mich would need 2 scores.

Cent Mich kicks a FG to go up 24 - 23. That's nice. Then during the next series that E Mich has the ball they get a pick-6 to go up 31-23.

OK, let's see if E Mich can tie the score. Nope. Another INT to end the game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

OK. I found the replay. They threw for a pass at 3rd and 4 that was incomplete. It appears that there was 1 second left. However, the line judge threw a yellow flag for pass interference. After the ref talked it over with his crew he announced that they picked up the flag for pass interference and the quarter was over. They usually don't review end of quarters to see if there is 1 second left like they do for ends of halfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi97dTUd7MA

around 2:42:30 mark
    Last edited by pavyracer; 11-27-20 at 07:00 PM.
    Points Awarded:

7deuceoff$uit gave pavyracer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1733

Chippewas!!!

7deuceoff$uit

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    OK. I found the replay. They threw for a pass at 3rd and 4 that was incomplete. It appears that there was 1 second left. However, the line judge threw a yellow flag for pass interference. After the ref talked it over with his crew he announced that they picked up the flag for pass interference and the quarter was over. They usually don't review end of quarters to see if there is 1 second left like they do for ends of halfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi97dTUd7MA

around 2:42:30 mark
    Thanks. I had the 1st qtr over at 13.5, so I was following and hoping they'd throw in incomplete pass and still have enough time for the fg kick in the qtr. Looked like there should have still been 1 second left on that pass, but doesn't surprise me they let the clock go to triple 0's