Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

State of Houston Sports

Dearest SBR,

I'm on my last days of a sports fan. The state of Houston sports was looking great last year. Then the MLB owners that were upset at the way the Astros took over baseball went after them and only them. The Astros canned the greatest GM in team history and fired their great coach. The players were shook in 2020 but somehow made the playoffs and nearly the World Series. Their amazing run ended in 7 games in the ALCS to 2017 World Series hero Uncle Charlie. Springer and Brantley will be free agents this year. Losing Springer might be enough to drop us out of contention. We may have another season or two before the dynasty falls. Westbrook joining the Rockets could of been great. They had their moments but he wasn't full strength in the playoffs and provided no help to Harden. The Lakers disposed of the small ball formula in easy fashion. Now Westbrook doesn't want to play with Harden. He's blaming our new penny pinching owner. Morey got out before the fire started. We had the best GM in the game but not anymore. Harden might have a year or two before his big frame gives out after all the hits he's taken. We might have 1 one more year left before a LONG rebuild. BILL O' BRIEN is the Spawn of Satan. I honestly think he is dumbest human in the history of the world. This idiot traded possibly the best wide receiver in the NFL and future hall of famer in Hopkins. He lost the city then. He tried to do it a few days after COVID was dominating the news to hide the impact. This idiot got fired after completely getting overmatched in trades. The Texans are the biggest joke in the NFL. We wasted JJ's prime and we are quickly doing the same to Watson. Our owner gives us no hope. Worst run franchise in all of sports.

Astros -
    * 2017 World Champions
    * 5 out of the last 6 years in the playoffs
    * 4 Straight ALCS Appearances
    * World Series 2017 & 2019
    * 36 Playoff victories since 2015

Outlook - Pitching could be a huge problem for us in 2021. Springer will not be back. We will most likely fall to the middle of the pack or possibly compete one last time before a long re-build.

Rockets
    * 8 straight playoff appearances
    * Biggest Challenge to the Warriors Dynasty
    * Chris Paul Hamstring away from a title
    * 5 out of 6 years made it out of the 1st Round.

Outlook - No Morey to rely on anymore. Harden has maybe a year or two left. Westbrook was Scottie Pippen 2.0. Tillman has been an awful owner. Harden might get traded before the season is finished. OKC fans should be happy because they have all our future lottery picks.

Texans
    * Watson is our only bright spot

Outlook - Jags and Texans will battle it out in the basement of the AFC South for years to come.

Houston sports are on life support. I love you guys. I hate 2020!

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Come to Florida and root for winners

Hell, we even have the Stanley Cup!