Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    GOAT to me. Most people who hate on him don't even watch NBA games. He makes every player on his team better. People should appreciate the years left of him because who knows if there will be another.
    Most older people try to hang onto their heroes of the past, while young people don’t know their history. Sports has evolved. I’d like to say that athletes were better in my generation but truthfully, today’s athletes are bigger, faster and stronger. The best pure athletic young kids today are playing AAU basketball. You could take those same kids and move them into soccer, hockey, baseball, boxing, etc. and the US would dominate most sports.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    LeBron has won with mostly scrubs around him, carrying three different teams under various coaches.

Jordan was surrounded by all stars most of his career.

Peak Jordan was probably better than peak LeBron, but James has had a more impressive career IMO.
    Yeah...Lebron had plenty of help on every roster and Jordan played against mostly hall of famers throughout his career. Who the hell has Lebron really has to beat? He should have 10 titles but Golden State ran a train on him. 2 different eras of basketball. Hard comparison.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    There's on one true dominant big man in the NBA today

And Lebron plays WITH HIM!

Think about that.

Without D-Wade and Anthony Davis what would he have??
    And Ray Allen saving his ass.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Yeah...Lebron had plenty of help on every roster and Jordan played against mostly hall of famers throughout his career. Who the hell has Lebron really has to beat? He should have 10 titles but Golden State ran a train on him. 2 different eras of basketball. Hard comparison.
    Have you seen the teams the Bulls had to play in those playoffs? Most all of those teams were shitty. Do you really think the Atlanta’s, Philly’s, Cleveland’s, etc., were some super teams? Haha. Look at a team like Utah. They had Stockton and Malone. Not much else. MOST Teams today would blow that Utah team out.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Have you seen the teams the Bulls had to play in those playoffs? Most all of those teams were shitty. Do you really think the Atlanta’s, Philly’s, Cleveland’s, etc., were some super teams? Haha. Look at a team like Utah. They had Stockton and Malone. Not much else. MOST Teams today would blow that Utah team out.

You're NBA IQ is seriously lacking

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Who's the goat and who's not the goat is only an opinion. It's not a fact. Some say MJ, some say Lebron, some say Kobe, some say Bill Russell, etc. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by goofyre View Post
    GOAT to me. Most people who hate on him don't even watch NBA games. He makes every player on his team better. People should appreciate the years left of him because who knows if there will be another.

Most people don’t want to watch him play. Look at the ratings. They rather watch Curry, Kawhi.

Mac4Lyfe

You're NBA IQ is seriously lacking
    I can take criticism and insults. I at least back up my comments with facts. “Take that for data”.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    Most people don’t want to watch him play. Look at the ratings. They rather watch Curry, Kawhi.
    I guess you are too young to remember games on tape delay?

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

I can take criticism and insults. I at least back up my comments with facts. “Take that for data”.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl3mR6eoEa8

just watch this, best video ever made on this GOAT conversation. If you still think lebron is the goat after watching this, I can't help your stupidity and fanboy-ism....Anthony Davis to me is the top 3 player or possibly best player in the league right now. Anytime you pair 2 of the top 3 player in the league...that's almost like guarantee championship, but only a doubt because it's lebron(who has history of choking as prohibitive favorite), can never forget his choke in 2011, prohibitive favorite and lost. Never a time where Jordan lost a series favorite, let alone PROHIBITIVE FAVORITE. And never a time where jordan didn't perform even when he lost...bird called jordan god in disguise after sweeping the bulls, lol, talk about respect from your opponent who swept you.

Jordan hasn't stopped winning the moment Pippen became any good, ie an allstar. Mind you, pippen wasn't even top 5 player in league at that time, maybe not even top 10 in his time. Give jordan another allstar caliber, he hasn't stopped winning.... cant say that about lebron. Anthony davis is like the best player right now in the nba(at least top 3) and he is the ultimate matchup nightmare, nobody can matchup against AD. He's an unicorn, at least lebron could be matched if you match up him against kawhi or something.... AD just cant be stopped, only himself can stop himself by settling for outside jumper. Imagine giving jordan a top 3 player, dude would go 82-0 and 16-0 if he really want to. There's just no comparison between Jordan and lebron, one is undeniable the GOAT, and one is a phony goat who loves to pad stats and begging for respect, and self calling goat.

Lebron also a very smart man, he knows when to leave a team and join and assemble a superteam to chase championship. Done it with the cavs, heat and now lakers. It was smart of him to leave Cavs to go to heat to join wade the already champion and form a superteam, not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4... ok only 2, massively underachieved considering they went as far as 7 from that ridiculously foolish claims. from 7 to only getting 2, you don't need rocket science degree to know he massively underachieved with that roster.

Then, he saw an opportunity with the Cavs, after they tanked for 4 straight years, getting 3 number 1 overall picks in 4 years, coincidence much? I think not. When have you ever seen a team get 3 number 1 overall pick in 4 years? It doenst happen, it's probably NBA master plan to set up this Lebron return to cleveland. Cleveland racked up all those talents and lebron return to cleveland to form another superteam. Ok now what has he done....?? Another massively underachieved run, 1 championship only out of 4 tries. I will gift him 1 championship because I think his 2016 win was an asterisk just like warriors 2015 win was an asterisk, so it's a wash. He should of won only 1 championship in those 4 years at Cavs. you wanna say he overmatched against the KD warriors.... but the same warriors got pushed to game 7 by the james harden rockets and could be beaten by them if cp3 hadn't gotten hurt, and what did lebron cavs do?? got swept, cant even win a game off them, LOL.

Remember when Lebron said how he was chasing the "ghost" in Chicago??? Right after he beaten the 73 wins Warriors team??? Oh that's right, he said that right after he beaten the 73 wins warriors. But, funny thing was he didn't call himself the goat yet, but rather "CHASING" the goat. His tone changed after he got swept literally twice by the KD warriors, he then called himself the GOAT on TV, isn't that the funniest shit ever....

Now, he did the same shit again with the lakers. Went to the Lakers that tanked for a decade, loaded up with a lot of young talents, and traded for a top 3 player in the nba and assemble another super team to chase ring again to bolster his goat conversation. Not only did he get AD to join him, he almost got kawhi to join him as well...This guy is the biggest joke ever, and how dare people to even compare to the legend like jordan is beyond me... Jordan never tried to go for the easy route to championship, stayed loyal to the bulls that hasn't had a top pick since he started playing for them and never once lost as a favorite and always showed up even when he lost...how dare people like you to even compare the 2 is beyond me.
    Last edited by sk0002; 10-12-20 at 05:22 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    he is one of the greats. i just appreciate watching him cause he will be retired one day and we will miss seeing his play.

for my opinion, he is top 3 easily. but i get other people who feel otherwise.
    Lebron is great. I will not miss watching him play though.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

IMO YOU CAN TOSS OUT THIS YEAR, a bs season..............

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

Jordan had the better team in all six finals, including another Top 5 player in Scottie Pippen and a Top 10 player the second time around in Dennis Rodman. LeBron has had the better team in three of his ten finals and he faced powerhouse teams in the Warriors four times and Spurs three times. Putting Jordan in today's game would be like putting Russell in the 90's, good but not dominant. LeBron is the GOAT by a mile.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    IMO YOU CAN TOSS OUT THIS YEAR, a bs season..............

Exactly

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13413

the season didnt end that early, its baseball that will have a *

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    So has Lebron secured his #2 position on the greatest NBA player after winning this NBA championship?
    He has now led 3 different franchises to winning the championships.
    who cares the finals were a setup

the Clippers took themselves out of the equation on purpose

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Jordan had the better team in all six finals, including another Top 5 player in Scottie Pippen and a Top 10 player the second time around in Dennis Rodman. LeBron has had the better team in three of his ten finals and he faced powerhouse teams in the Warriors four times and Spurs three times. Putting Jordan in today's game would be like putting Russell in the 90's, good but not dominant. LeBron is the GOAT by a mile.
    goat by a mile cmon bruh. when was pip a top 5 player or rodman a top 10 player
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-12-20 at 11:34 PM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Not in 93, and Suns had home court.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

He plays like hes 27 not 35.....hes a much much better defensive player and can play every position on D except Center. GOAT

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

There's on one true dominant big man in the NBA today

And Lebron plays WITH HIM!

Think about that.

Without D-Wade and Anthony Davis what would he have??
    Without Pippen, Jordan kept losing in the first round of the playoffs. He was a Kevin Garnett.

Mac4Lyfe

Posters like Hman and Carolinakid hate Lebron so much they are blinded by the truth. They make up shit to prove their point even though they are wrong. Hman even said Lebron couldn’t push his weight around back in the day but didn’t even know Lebron weighed more than 99% of his heroes. Delusion, stinking thinking.

Heck, I didn’t like MJ because he always beat my team. But I can at least acknowledge that he’s the goat 1a.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Posters like Hman and Carolinakid hate Lebron so much they are blinded by the truth. They make up shit to prove their point even though they are wrong. Hman even said Lebron couldn’t push his weight around back in the day but didn’t even know Lebron weighed more than 99% of his heroes. Delusion, stinking thinking.

Heck, I didn’t like MJ because he always beat my team. But I can at least acknowledge that he’s the goat 1a.

taking dealer bust cards while you were coaching him how to play blackjack didn't help

Hman

At least you acknowledge he's not better than MJ, and that's the most important thing.

Anyone who has watched both play knows, or should know, which one was/is from another planet, and which one isn't.

Who cares that Lebron averages a triple double in the finals.

That doesn't make him better.

If that's the case, then Russell Westbrook is better than MJ, Lebron, Kobe, etc!

And MJ had Pippen. A borderline #1 to #2 guy.

Lebron has played with Wade and Davis, huge difference.

And no star or team has ever had a free pass to a title like LA did this year against the worst Finals representative ever in the Heat
    Last edited by Hman; 10-13-20 at 10:20 AM.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Jordan
    Kobe
    LeBron

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

LeBron refused to come up with a sequence of moves to get himself a bit of space to nail the Finals WINNER outright in game 5

instead, he waits for his team to just demolish them on the defensive end so he can score 10 points but his team is ahead by 25...

he's a FRONT RUNNER

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66428

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66428

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

its obvious now lebron is number one. he has dominated this sport since 2004.

its time to let michael jordan go. i know it makes people feel uneasy but its time to just realise this guy is the best basketball player who has ever lived

the bulls won 55 games the year after jordan left and 3 guys went to the all star game.

name one lebron team that won 55 games after lebron left.

that is literally all you need to know.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    he never wants t take the big shot. When he was with miami he was on the bench when mr union turned the game around,
    LeBron James has more game-winning buzzer-beaters in the playoffs than any player in NBA history (including more than Michael Jordan and Kobe combined).

LeBron also has the NBA's highest career scoring average in Game 7's (34.9 PPG) and elimination games:
    https://t.co/0Elt4TnOfx

Mac4Lyfe

At least you acknowledge he's not better than MJ, and that's the most important thing.
    And no star or team has ever had a free pass to a title like LA did this year against the worst Finals representative ever in the Heat
    I think it’s all conjecture anyway. You really can’t compare eras imo. Kareem couldn’t dunk in college but it helped him develop the sky hook. Pistol Pete was putting up numbers never seen even to this day. Shaq would be the NBA scoring leader if he could only make a free throw. Jordan was an incredible watch but I now have Lebron even with him as my 2 best. 1a and 1b. It doesn’t diminish either of them. They just dominated this sport at 2 different times in a unique way. I saw Bird and Magic do it as well but not as sustained as Jordan and LBJ. I didn’t get to see Russell or Wilt. Hell, my most enjoyable game was Atlanta vs Boston playoffs, Dominique vs Bird. They both went back to back to back. I’ve never seen 2 players go back and forth 1 on 5 like that. We all have our favorites. No one is right or wrong.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    LeBron James has more game-winning buzzer-beaters in the playoffs than any player in NBA history (including more than Michael Jordan and Kobe combined).

LeBron also has the NBA's highest career scoring average in Game 7's (34.9 PPG) and elimination games:
    https://t.co/0Elt4TnOfx
    I dont think mj ever played in a game 7 in the finals, always wrapped it up before then. only 3 game 7's out of 13 postseason appearances and none of those were nba finals game 7's full spectrum domination

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I can't put today's players above 4 or 5 just because there is absolutely no fukking defense. It's one thing to say different generations/ game evolved...but there is literally zero defense effort from any team until the last week of the season and the games biggest stars are widly considered some of the laziest defenders.

Put it this way....Lebron in the east isn't getting anything easy at the rim vs Laimbeer or Parrish or Grant/ Rodman.

First 12