BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    They have the exact same popup message there as 5dimes when I log in.

They are kicking out US players. Not closing.
    Gotcha thanks.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    I am so confused how 5Dimes is being given the benefit of a doubt based on all of the proof of them openly stating that they are free rolling players on all open futures markets that are pending.
    Because the government and the NFL want to make real money they don't want pussy European bookmakers who limit guys to $100 a bet and kick guys out for winning after 2 days.

They want the real pros.

RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Also it seems that they are closing out parlays with unresolved legs by refunding the parlay rather than paying out a pro rated amount based on the legs won. I am happy for the people getting paid money that is in their accounts, but I'm more or less only concerned with the actual open fraud that is being committed.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Quote Originally Posted by crinkledaces View Post
    Do u have any recommendations on where else to play. I would like a unbiased opinion from perhaps someone that doesn't pay to be rated higher than they should be.
    Heritage, Bookmaker, Betonline in that order for me.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

still waiting for email here (requested monday about this time so 72 hrs)

not too worried, just want this one to hopefully get processed monday, so i can request another one, and then have to time to request one more on the 22nd or so after the remaining futures get cancelled

crinkledaces
    nba 0-0
    crinkledaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 939

The current SBR landscape suggest that I should go perpetrate myself so we wont get help from them i don't believe.

I am so confused how 5Dimes is being given the benefit of a doubt based on all of the proof of them openly stating that they are free rolling players on all open futures markets that are pending.

We so badly need SBR to go to bat for us right now.

crinkledaces
    nba 0-0

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Heritage, Bookmaker, Betonline in that order for me.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Have 2k in future wagers that need to be refunded. 36 hours now.... nothing yet.

Was told they would happily refund the wagers. Still waiting.
    Was told that it would be guaranteed taken care of yesterday (Wednesday).

So far it hasn't been taken care of. Had to email them today. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

How can you ask for all of your funds if you can't even get a wager cancelled? Unreal.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 09-10-20 at 03:23 PM.

crinkledaces
    nba 0-0

SEEMS LIKE A A+ SPORTS BOOK RATING TO ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Was told yesterday that it would be guaranteed taken care of yesterday (Wednesday).

So far it hasn't been taken care of. Had to email them today. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

How can you ask for all of your funds if you can't even get a wager cancelled? Unreal.

crinkledaces
    nba 0-0

YALL GOT ANYMORE OF THOSE BULLSHIT RATINGS

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    They have the exact same popup message there as 5dimes when I log in.

They are kicking out US players. Not closing.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I've always been able to log into Sportbet using my 5Dimes credentials and access and play under my 5Dimes under the Sportbet site logo. I don't see it as a separate site so much as merely a mirror.

DontTailMe

Also it seems that they are closing out parlays with unresolved legs by refunding the parlay rather than paying out a pro rated amount based on the legs won. I am happy for the people getting paid money that is in their accounts, but I'm more or less only concerned with the actual open fraud that is being committed.
    Yes!!!!

This is a travestly. I stand to lose so much equity. I'm willing to accept them refunding future wagers that haven't reached maturity yet, even if I've technically gained equity. But refunding pending/open parlays consisting of legs which have already been graded as wins is outright stealing. Those are legitimate winnings!

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17141

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    I mentioned this in the other thread, but I've always been able to log into Sportbet using my 5Dimes credentials and access and play under my 5Dimes under the Sportbet site logo. I don't see it as a separate site so much as merely a mirror.
    If you originally signed up with Sportbet (before 2008 merge with 5D) you get 107 lines (instead of 110) on your non-reduced juice bets. That's the only major difference.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Yes!!!!

This is a travestly. I stand to lose so much equity. I'm willing to accept them refunding future wagers that haven't reached maturity yet, even if I've technically gained equity. But refunding pending/open parlays consisting of legs which have already been graded as wins is outright stealing. Those are legitimate winnings!
    This is easily worth an SBR complaint form in my opinion.

If you have equity or winning bets that that have been graded but not yet paid you deserve the reduced parlay.

Are they just closing parlays without notice? Are they giving bettors a chance to bet into them and close them out before the 25th? Graded won bets should not be cancelled with the original stake refunded.

There is no change in events that warrant that kind of theft.

Scarface63
    Scarface63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1942

Yes this is pure garbage. They should cancel the pending leg or legs if anything. I would rather have a shot with another bet to close parlay than to just get the measly refund! I need to get to $1000 to withdraw, and am stuck until the refund election bets! 🤷🏼*♂️

RedApples
    sup

In both scenarios they are outright stealing. There is no difference between the two scenarios. There's no way any reasonable person would be okay with having future wagers refunded that have gained equity, if wagers in the same market have already been graded as losses and will stay as losses. Grading pending wagers with legs already won is stealing, and so is grading bets as losses in a future market that have no potential winner whilst refunding open bets. In both scenarios you have the book not paying out anything for your wins (advancements in equity on the bet), but having graded your bet as a loss if and when it did lose.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

If you have equity or winning bets that that have been graded but not yet paid you deserve the reduced parlay.

Are they just closing parlays without notice? Are they giving bettors a chance to bet into them and close them out before the 25th? Graded won bets should not be cancelled with the original stake refunded.

You two are both 100% correct. Nothing else makes sense and this being a top 3 Book here, forever?

DontTailMe

Agree. I'm submitting one tonight. I just need to get the details together, and unfortunately, I have IRL shit to do besides this 5Dimes debacle.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9312

Agree. I'm submitting one tonight. I just need to get the details together, and unfortunately, I have IRL shit to do besides this 5Dimes debacle.
    I thought you had sent it yesterday. It would be useful to have your bet numbers as examples.

soobv
    Update your status
    soobv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 904

Has anyone had future wagers refunded today or yesterday? If so when did you request?

RedApples
    sup

I'd open complaints on my Miami Heat futures being refunded (which hasn't happened yet because they openly admitted that it won't be refunded before it has a chance to lose), but SBR is already fully aware of the situation and has stated that they are looking into it. If my Miami Heat futures bets are going to be receiving 'refunds' since there will be no conference winner in time, I'd love for the entire market to be refunded and not have my money stolen on the Nets to win the East, and big $ on the Bucks/Clippers to meet in the finals. I had no chance of winning any of those per their grading.

Again, we seem to be at the mercy of SBR and they seem to fully grasp the situation. What is being done about it is another story.

DontTailMe

In both scenarios they are outright stealing. There is no difference between the two scenarios. There's no way any reasonable person would be okay with having future wagers refunded that have gained equity, if wagers in the same market have already been graded as losses and will stay as losses. Grading pending wagers with legs already won is stealing, and so is grading bets as losses in a future market that have no potential winner whilst refunding open bets. In both scenarios you have the book not paying out anything for your wins (advancements in equity on the bet), but having graded your bet as a loss if and when it did lose.
    Don't get me wrong. I also have a problem with them refunding futures which have gained equity. I just see that as a losing battle. But parlays with graded legs have already been deemed wins and their value can literally be quantified down to the penny. There is no excuse for voiding bets which have already won.

If you think about it, this is another free roll situation. Any open or future parlays that we played and happened to have had a losing leg...we don't get those stakes back. But 5Dimes gets to void parlays which are still live?
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-10-20 at 04:31 PM.

Rocco Rossi
    Rocco Rossi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This is so sad to read. They were once a great book. I've been out since the kidnapping.

RedApples
    sup

Don't get me wrong. I also have a problem with them refunding futures which have gained equity. I just see that as a losing battle. But parlays with graded legs have already been deemed wins and their value can literally be quantified down to the penny. There is no excuse for voiding bets which have already won.
    In terms of stealing they are literally the same exact thing. In terms of quantifying current value, in one way it is easier to quantify the value of the open parlay, but that's not the issue. You are saying that by grading the final leg of the bet as no action, it is easy to quantify the value. Agreed. But that again would make the scenarios exactly the same so long as they grade the futures markets as 'no action'. That way, the entire market would be 'no action', and all bets on that market would be refunded. Yes, you wouldn't get a prorated price on your open bets, but they wouldn't be openly scamming as they aren't free rolling by gaining on the losses by not paying out winners.

Whether or not it is a losing battle is based on whether or not the situation is looked at properly and called out properly for being stealing and cheating. The two sides are literally the same exact thing. It's just that the open parlay you're saying 'pay me these odds that I've won on to prorate my bet' and no action the final leg, and in the other scenario you either need to no action the market just like the previous scenario, or you have to pay according to whatever the current value is of the bet. Which of course you could likewise advocate for on parlays with an open leg. You should be getting refunds on all parlays that have lost where the losing component was a market that will be cancelled.
    Last edited by RedApples; 09-10-20 at 04:30 PM.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 238

We so badly need SBR to go to bat for us right now.
    this

sbr do ur job

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Clearly there are still things, including bugs in this process that still needs to be resolved.

I honestly still have faith that the right things will be done here, but I simply don't know what kind of exposure they are dealing with here with all these futures, open parlays, etc.

There was some exposure that BAS was only willing to partially take, so that's something.

DontTailMe

In terms of stealing they are literally the same exact thing. In terms of quantifying current value, in one way it is easier to quantify the value of the open parlay, but that's not the issue. You are saying that by grading the final leg of the bet as no action, it is easy to quantify the value. Agreed. But that again would make the scenarios exactly the same so long as they grade the futures markets as 'no action'. That way, the entire market would be 'no action', and all bets on that market would be refunded. Yes, you wouldn't get a prorated price on your open bets, but they wouldn't be openly scamming as they aren't free rolling by gaining on the losses by not paying out winners.

Whether or not it is a losing battle is based on whether or not the situation is looked at properly and called out properly for being stealing and cheating. The two sides are literally the same exact thing. It's just that the open parlay you're saying 'pay me these odds that I've won on to prorate my bet' and no action the final leg, and in the other scenario you either need to no action the market just like the previous scenario, or you have to pay according to whatever the current value is of the bet. Which of course you could likewise advocate for on parlays with an open leg. You should be getting refunds on all parlays that have lost where the losing component was a market that will be cancelled.
    I'm sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were equating open/pending parlay equity with equity gained on pending futures (e.g. Biden to win +1500 is worth more now than the $100 I spent on it last November because he has at least a 50% chance of winning now).

I agree that the open parlay issue is equivalent to pending parlays for 5Dimes' purposes here, and that's why I continue to talk about them together.. All live legs should just be voided. The winning legs are games won fair and square, and the winnings simply won't be rolled over to another game BECAUSE 5DIMES IS CHOOSING TO LEAVE.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-10-20 at 04:39 PM.

RedApples
    sup

Clearly there are still things, including bugs in this process that still needs to be resolved.

I honestly still have faith that the right things will be done here, but I simply don't know what kind of exposure they are dealing with here with all these futures, open parlays, etc.

There was some exposure that BAS was only willing to partially take, so that's something.
    Honestly I'm reserving hope for this also, but most of my hope lays in the hands of them being pushed or pressured to do the right thing, so long as they can. They have passed misinformation along for a very long time now in my experience, so hearing from them that they are just going to 'refund' all bets seems so crazy, that I'm hoping it just can't be the case. Any competent sportsbook understands how markets need to be graded. It's common sense what procedures are and its very very simple. If you no action a market you no action the entire market, current and retroactively. If you pay out for a cancelled event you divide the winnings somehow amongst the remaining teams. If you shorten a parlay you pay out based on the legs won. If you decide to no action a leg of a parlay you no action the entire market for that bet even retroactively.

It's too simple to miss. Hopefully they don't.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

tell it to this guy

https://twitter.com/ChitownChris89/s...659648/photo/1

$348k pending future parlay

i can only hope it is proven to be a fake ticket

RedApples
    sup

I'm sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were equating open/pending parlay equity with equity gained on pending futures (e.g. Biden to win +1500 is worth more now than the $100 I spent on it last November because he has at least a 50% chance of winning now).

I agree that the open parlay issue is equivalent to pending parlays. All live legs should just be voided. The winning legs are games won and the winnings simply won't be rolled over to another game.
    It's pretty black and white. If you have a team like I do, the Miami Heat +1150 to win the East, you either need to pay out based on the equity of the bet currently, or divide the market based on the teams remaining, or no action the market. You cannot collect on the Brooklyn Nets and the rest of the market. The rules are pretty black and white. If we don't understand this what are we doing here? It's the same scenario as the parlay with an open leg. You no action the final leg to pay the previous legs, and no action all bets on that market, or you quantify the value of that final leg and pay based on that, just as you either no action the futures bet (by no actioning the market), or you quantify the value of the bet.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90398

I would like to hear from SBR whether we should be funding any of their sister books under these circumstances.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HedgeHog

soobv
    Update your status
    soobv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 904

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    tell it to this guy

Couldn’t this guy go take a flight to Aruba (they are taking Americans with Covid tests) for a few weeks and keep his account open? They said if you are in a country that accepts wagers you can keep it open and futures active. If Vegas wins he stays there to collect and if they lose then it’s a costly trip but maybe he can hedge somewhere else to cover expenses.

RedApples
    sup

The easiest way to explain it is as follows. Say you bet the Ravens to win the Super Bowl +600 before the season. They make it to the Super Bowl versus the 49ers who were +800 before the season. Right before the Super Bowl the Sportsbook says it won't be able to pay wagers for the Super Bowl and after, so they are going to need to give refunds for the Ravens & 49ers.

Some people will say, well it's hard to quantify the value of the Ravens and their opponent, so a refund makes sense. But the Sportsbook already collected all of the money for all of the other teams that didn't make the Super Bowl, yet are only giving you your money back on your bets. They literally made it so that you never had a chance to win, but did have a chance to lose.

That's what 5Dimes is doing here on all open markets that are due to receive 'refunds' without no actioning the market for all bets placed on it. Since they cannot pay out the Super Bowl market they either need to refund/no action every single bet placed on a team to win the Super Bowl, or pay a prorated amount to the teams remaining. It's pretty clear from the rules. Even clearer with common sense.

You can apply this to any and every bet no matter what kind. In the case of the parlay we're talking about now also, you either no action the final leg and pay minus the final leg (which usually happens due to the common nature of cancellations for single games in parlays), or you prorate the amount to the teams remaining (which would normally happen in the case of cancelled futures). Personally don't understand how one couldn't understand this but if you didn't I hope that was helpful.
    Last edited by RedApples; 09-10-20 at 05:05 PM.

DontTailMe

tell it to this guy

That sucks. Can't tell exactly how many legs he has pending however, because he only shows 4 in the screen shot. I know we're expected to assume that there's just that one pending leg remaining.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 09-10-20 at 05:02 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

tell it to this guy

lol he's trying to sell it too.

From Rudy's link...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Offered $350 for this ticket and said I would be lucky to get that. They are picking up shop and running with anything remaining of their reputation burning to dust. It’s nothing more than a scam at this point. <a href="https://t.co/XZ0dInMaf8">pic.twitter.com/XZ0dInMaf8</a></p>&mdash; Chris (@ChitownChris89) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChitownChris89/status/1303904009749659648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >September 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First ... 26272829303132 ... Last