carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

sometime you have to step back and take a pause from the action, never when you are losing parlay trying to get it back fast, that rule 101, never drink or do drugs please when chasing, stop watching the crap on tv and betting for action, that just plays into the book hands, the worst thing to do it to bet to watch a given sport...

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    sometime you have to step back and take a pause from the action, never when you are losing parlay trying to get it back fast, that rule 101, never drink or do drugs please when chasing, stop watching the crap on tv and betting for action, that just plays into the book hands, the worst thing to do it to bet to watch a given sport...
    I rarely do parlays. I just need to tighten up. I'm at the point now where winning 2 or 3 units does nothing for me because i've been up 10 or 15, then gave it away so I guess I want to feel that rush again of having my balance so high, i dunno.

Need to go back to basics I guess, treat this like more than just a hobby.

carolinakid

from my pt it take a lot of hard work, i kept a lot of eye drops on hand here, just do your homework and learn to keep data on the league ,you are playing is a must..........if i can every help you out in any way please ask, and i will do my best....gl always there with the action sir.(ck)
    Last edited by carolinakid; 07-23-20 at 09:05 AM.

carolinakid

double post
    Last edited by carolinakid; 07-23-20 at 09:05 AM. Reason: double post

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Same way I deal with winning: I keep checking lines for good numbers, and when I see one, I make another bet.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If your betting within your means losing and winning should not affect you
    That's exactly the problem JJ, betting within your means is not fun, you need to be sweating bullets, doing push-ups, screaming at the T.V. to make it fun.

BrickJames
    Action

.....its just like poker, the guys there to have a good time have fun and don't care if they win or lose, they always have fun. The guys betting within their means trying to make a living out of it and crying when they take a bad beat never have fun.

We call the latter f*gs

carolinakid

^^^ i know you kidding, it was funny but not real if you going to make money over the yrs......

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    ^^^ i know you kidding, it was funny but not real if you going to make money over the yrs......
    I know CK. I read the post about you by lakerboy. I know you're the man. Fogetaboutit.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    .....its just like poker, the guys there to have a good time have fun and don't care if they win or lose, they always have fun. The guys betting within their means trying to make a living out of it and crying when they take a bad beat never have fun.

We call the latter f*gs
    Im much more stoic with poker

It would be like taking your winnings from one table and going up stakes and losing everything youve lost, over and over.

I'm over it. I bet within my means. i dont cry about bad beats and shit.

It's just that i've made some pretty stupid chase bets.

In poker, I kinda try to reset everytime i hand is dealt, should do the same for sports

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Im much more stoic with poker

It would be like taking your winnings from one table and going up stakes and losing everything youve lost, over and over.

I'm over it. I bet within my means. i dont cry about bad beats and shit.

It's just that i've made some pretty stupid chase bets.

In poker, I kinda try to reset everytime i hand is dealt, should do the same for sports
    In poker, even if you are really trying to make money, Always have the table image of the guy who is just there to have fun and doesn't care about the money.

People like losing to a guy like that.

First 12