BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    It's all bullshit and out of the average guys control. Everybody and I mean everyone is saying to buy gold these days and that right there should be a warning bell that this bubble is about to burst. They said the same thing about oil a few years ago when it shot through the roof. They said world demand was too much and the commodity was scarce yet it fell from 140+ a barrel all the way down to the low 30's in a matter of five days. At some point I believe the same thing well happen to these precious metals. What if some country with a huge stock pile of gold decides to flood the market with it and create a selling frenzy. It could very well happen and you could find your gold worth $200 an oz. in a matter of a few days. This game is far more rigged than the NFL and only a fool would play.
    One of your better post Emily. The only ocrrection I would make is that not everyone is pushing gold. Ben Stein said yesterday that now is the time to sell your gold and silver, because it is so easily manipulated. Stein says that while gold and silver may continue to increase in value in the very near term, it has a much better chance of decreasing in value in the next three months, when people start to sell their gold and silver for profit.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah that was one of her better posts. She made that post over a year ago and silver has tripled since she posted that.

Wow, if THAT is one of her better posts I would hate to see her not so good posts, since she was 100% wrong on that post.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

BigDaddyHQ please shut up. You are a total lunatic.

The fact of the matter is all precious metals (gold, silver, platinum...etc.) will always continue to go up in value long-term it's inevitable.

They are elements made form super novas of suns. That's a very hard thing to replicate in any science lab. As a result....these metals get more and more rarer every year. Doesn't take rocket science to figure this out.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

He does look like a lunatic when he is giving props to a post that was dead wrong. I can only assume he didnt realize that she posted that anti-silver babble over a year ago when silver was around $14 an ounce, today silver is $46 an ounce. And that was one of her better posts ????? LOL

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome call. Everyone who doubted you are trying to justify their ignorance.
    On the bad side. This completely proves that inflation/ market volatility is heading for a bit of a shit show.
    Your projections came 10X faster than you projected.
    We can see what is going on , it is just much much worse than anyone seems to understand.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobs you fukin sharp, nice writeup.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post

The fact of the matter is all precious metals (gold, silver, platinum...etc.) will always continue to go up in value long-term it's inevitable.

They are elements made form super novas of suns. That's a very hard thing to replicate in any science lab. As a result....these metals get more and more rarer every year. Doesn't take rocket science to figure this out.
    Did you own gold or silver from 1981 until 200? when it did next to nothing for 20+ years. Everything has cycles and won't continue to go up forever. I would be cautious about buying silver or gold right now. That doesn't mean it can't go up but if you didn't buy it a year ago or before, then now probably isn't the time to start investing in it. I have some of both and I'm not looking to sell but I'm sure not interested in buying. I bought in a long time ago way before it went crazy.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

They can not artificially keep silver low anymore. The secret is out.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Damn silver has been getting its brains beat out.

How low will it go ?

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The shakeup was due to paper contracts...the little guys in the game couldn't poker up to stay in the game...they had to work that hard to drive it down...thus, a good time to buy.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

in the end it doesnt matter

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Damn down another $2 an ounce today. The volatility is just stupid. It flew up from $20 to almost $50 in no time so some give back was bound to happen.

Outlawdino

The recent manipulation with silver was done thru paper...not physical. Our shop has been increasingly running lower on bullion for sale. We got a call the other day from the other side of the country...the guy wanted to buy every silver eagle we had. People who are wanting to take physical delivery of their paper contracts are finding that delivery is as far out as 3-4 months...if at all.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    You guys think you are gamblers, well I have a gamble for you. This is a gamble that you will win on too. This is so close to a sure thing that it shouldnt even be called gambling.

Here it is everyone, SILVER.

Right now as I type this, Silver is $16.34 an ounce on the London Overnights. The price of silver can only go one way and that is up. It may take a few years ( or not ) but we are going to see $40-$50 silver before the end of this decade.

There are a million reasons why silver will triple before the end of this decade.

#1. Our gov't currently is 12.5 Trillion Dollars in debt. If that isn't bad enough, they seem to have no concern at all to try and lower that or to even maintain that. We are adding a projected 1.8 Trillion to it this year, and those projections always end up being too low. Look for another 2.2 Trillion or so to actually be added. But there is good news. Next year, the deficit projection is only 1.6 trillion, then 1.5 trillion in 2012 and so on. By 2015 if everything goes perfectly, our govt will only spend 1.1 trillion dollars that it doesnt have. So, even if all goes as planned we are looking at 30 trillion debt by decades end. That is when the baby boomers start retiring and we are hit with anout financial tsunami that we can't handle.

#2. Silver use is exploding. Do you know that every person in this country uses silver every day and most everyone in the world does too. It is in your car, your cellphone, your computer, your keyboard, your mirrors, your video games, your camera, your ipod, your medicine, and in a million other things as well. Currently, 1/3 of all the silver used in the world is used in the U.S., but the rest of the world is now being introduced to things like computers and cellphones that use silver. Experts expect the use of silver to explode throughout the decade. Silver as an investment vehicle is also beginning to explode as more and more people realize that there are some real serious problems coming for the dollar.

A lot of people will say, " there is just too much silver ". Yes, there is more silver than gold, but gold costs around 70 times what silver does. The ratio of gold to silver is maybe 5 to 1. It is estimated that there are 10 Billion ounces of silver above ground in the world. At todays prices, that would be $160 billion dollars or a little over 1% of our national debt.

Yes all the silver in the world would barely pay 1% of our national debt.

#3. You may say, well they will mine more when the price of silver increases. The fact is, silver mining companies cannot make any money mining silver at todays prices. It costs them more than $16 an ounce to mine it. Silver mines are not being mined. The silver that is being mined is mined as a byproduct of other more expensive metals like gold, platinum, Palladium, rhodium. An increase in the price of silver will do very little to increase the amount being mined. In fact, as silver has increased in price over the past 10 years, the amount mined has held steady at 600,000,000 to 650,000,000 ounces per year.

#4. You might say that 650,000,000 ounces per year is a lot. That comes out to 1/10 of an ounce per person per year on earth. Do you have a cellphone ? There is your 1/10 ounce. How about a computer, or a car, etc. In fact, the use of silver has far excedded the production of silver for many years now. In 1950, the govt's of the world held billions of ounces of silver. Today they hold a small fraction of that. In fact, in the late 90's China of all countries sold billions of ounces of its silver not because it was desperate for money but because industry was desperate for the silver.

#5. In 1999, during the end of the Clinton Presidency silver was around $5.50/ an ounce. At that time, we had a national debt of around 2 trillion, had a balanced budget, a strong economy, and a belief by most Americans that we would pay the debt off. At that time, it was stated that $5.50 an ounce was an unsustainably low price for silver. Today, we have a deficit nearly 7 times what it was, a crap economy, 2 wars that arent going to end soon, an Iran getting close to Nuclear Weapons, so thus a third war, a gov't that plans to grow the deficit at over 1 trillion dollars a year.

Silver is going to explode, and I truly think that when we have a 30 trillion national debt ( a lot sooner than you think ), silver will be $50-$75 an ounce easily.

If this is the wrong place to put this, then move it. Wasn't sure.

Now it seems there is a new silver thread every day. Always by someone who was no where to be found in this thread.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    On the other side? lol...yeah I'm on the other side. If I had a dollar for every "investment" post on every board from here to Yahoo and beyond I would be a zillionaire. People pump that dog everyday....2 banger, 3 banger, etc. etc. If it was such a great investment don't you think it would be all over the place getting advertised like the Goldline folks? Oh that's right, it's a hot tip before the train leaves the station right? I think I've seen that one before as well.

Love to re read some idiot posts like this one a year later. Wow Dirty Stupidchez couldnt have been more wrong.

Outlawdino

Nobs, there will always be "haters", those who don't understand, ect, ect. This bull market for the metals (i.e. real money to some) started in 2000. I hate to use the word ignorant for those who want to dispute this fact, but what better term can one use?

First 1234