Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Why is COVID taking precedence over other medical issues?

Medical issues that can be treated are being put off because of dealing with the unknown.....FUKK off COVID and all the losers that actually believe it as bad as they are reporting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ghenghis Kahn, and hawkeye 16

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I just found out that my father had two major appointments delayed due to COVID....he died Tuesday. Yes so I am a little biased and pissed...

ERBtheGREAT
    ERBtheGREAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

$$$ that's why. Sorry for your loss.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by ERBtheGREAT View Post
    $$$ that's why. Sorry for your loss.
    Thanks man....I know it’s all politics and money...just venting

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I can’t believe the kinds of procedures that being called elective, if it elective then they not doing them many places. Freakin crazy cause the list I saw had a lot of things I wouldn’t ever consider elective! To me “elective” means like a face lift or lypo suction, not things ppl actually need to be kept healthy!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11973

I still don't know anyone that got really sick and died from Corona to date.. I'm talking friends of friends also..

I know 3 people that got Corona and recovered that's it.. No ventilators required or hospitalization. It's not a killer virus like the media wants you to think.. Some VERY FEW do get really sick though and can die but most recover.. 99% recover..

Pick a number out of a 100 and that's your chances of dying from this virus if you get it. Young people immune..

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Sorry for your loss. Your father is in a much better place. God bless.

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

A lot of cancer surgery has been considered "elective". Makes little sense. My sister-in-law's aunt also decided to forgo potentially life saving surgery (that wasn't considered elective) because of the possibility that if something went wrong she would die alone in the hospital. Granted, the chance of survival was relatively low but she decided to stay home because she couldn't have visitors in the hospital due to COVID-19. She didn't want to die having to say her goodbyes via online chat.
    Last edited by Axman3000; 07-12-20 at 07:27 PM.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Your father is in a much better place. God bless.
    Thanks range....appreciate it

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Yes sorry for your loss my dad passed the
    Is February not of Covid but cancer of the central nervous system. But here the deal Covid is not really taking precedence over other medical issues the fact is if you knew your next-door neighbor had six months to live and was dying from cancer and in the past six months she had gotten the virus they will state she died of the Covid virus and not mention the fact that she was dying of a fetal brain tumor

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I still don't know anyone that got really sick and died from Corona to date.. I'm talking friends of friends also..

I know 3 people that got Corona and recovered that's it.. No ventilators required or hospitalization. It's not a killer virus like the media wants you to think.. Some VERY FEW do get really sick though and can die but most recover.. 99% recover..

Pick a number out of a 100 and that's your chances of dying from this virus if you get it. Young people immune..
    It goes up quite a bit the older someone is or ppl with other conditions. I know one thing, if you did happen to get really sick or die it most likely very shitty way to go, not being able to breath has to be one the worst. Not to mention you be dying alone since none your family would be able to visit you.

We not overly concerned with it but we try to take precautions cause my old lady has been diagnosed w early stage copd plus she has asthma. If she got it would probably not be good. She had a asthmatic cough few weeks back and one night had to call 911 cause she couldn’t breath. They stabilized her breathing at hospital and put her on steroids but luckily she tested negative and she doing better now.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

If Obama were President right now and we had the exact same Covid numbers as we do now, the media would be praising him for the job he's done, while at the same time blaming the high cases on poverty, racism, and guns.

It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

hawkeye 16
    Update your status
    hawkeye 16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10404

Sorry for your loss Booya.

I'm basically on hold when it comes to my needed procedures. That is probably the way Covid will get me. Not from Covid, but from hospitals being shut down.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

I’m not blaming COVID for causing my dads death....I just think other medical procedures/issues are just as important and maybe even more than some virus that nobody understands

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

They should separate the hospitals in different sections. I hope your dad didn't die because of what covid caused

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    If Obama were President right now and we had the exact same Covid numbers as we do now, the media would be praising him for the job he's done, while at the same time blaming the high cases on poverty, racism, and guns.

It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
    It is ridiculous but also factually accurate.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye 16 View Post

I'm basically on hold when it comes to my chemo and other procedures. That is probably the way Covid will get me. Not from Covid, but from hospitals being shut down.

I hope you get your procedures sooner than later hawk

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I’m not blaming COVID for causing my dads death....I just think other medical procedures/issues are just as important and maybe even more than some virus that nobody understands
    I agree. Like i said I couldn’t believe the list of things they calling elective surgeries and pushing off. Crazy.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25654

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye 16 View Post

I'm basically on hold when it comes to my chemo and other procedures. That is probably the way Covid will get me. Not from Covid, but from hospitals being shut down.

Hope you get the care you need and get better hawk.

And I would be pissed too if I was booya.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Hope you get the care you need and get better hawk.

And I would be pissed too if I was booya.
    Your sister too Pablo...sorry for your loss

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Yeah hawkeye, I hope the ball really gets rolling for you.

I had to put off two neck procedures when the shutdown began and now that things are opening up I may not get in in time before they start pulling back again.

There are definite consequences to this.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

I hope you get your procedures sooner than later hawk
    Thanks Booya.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11973

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    It goes up quite a bit the older someone is or ppl with other conditions. I know one thing, if you did happen to get really sick or die it most likely very shitty way to go, not being able to breath has to be one the worst. Not to mention you be dying alone since none your family would be able to visit you.

We not overly concerned with it but we try to take precautions cause my old lady has been diagnosed w early stage copd plus she has asthma. If she got it would probably not be good. She had a asthmatic cough few weeks back and one night had to call 911 cause she couldn’t breath. They stabilized her breathing at hospital and put her on steroids but luckily she tested negative and she doing better now.
    Like dying from Lung Cancer. Cig smokers...

That sucks when you can't breath anymore and you just die like that..

That certainly isn't a fun way to go out as I could only imagine.. I agree..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The precautions being taken because of Covid is probably more of a factor than actual Covid. Meaning, when I had a dentist appointment a few months ago, they really don't want ANYONE in the office unnecessarily. Only one or two patients at a time for an office with 12 chairs. My father is currently undergoing radiation treatments and he has to pass all kinds of tests just to get in the building, he has been warned, if he catches Covid the radiation treatments stop!!!!! Yes, he will not be allowed in the building anymore. So I don't think it has anything to do with appointments nor elective, if you are not dying of something and you don't have covid they don't want people unnecessarily in buildings or doctor's offices. Just my take on it.
    Last edited by seaborneq; 07-12-20 at 07:40 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    The precautions being taken because of Covid is probably more of a factor than actual Covid. Meaning, when I had a dentist appointment in a few months ago, they really don't want ANYONE in the office unnecessarily. Only one or two patients at a time for an office with 12 chairs. My father is currently undergoing radiation treatments and he has to pass all kinds of tests just to get in the building, he has been warned, if he catches Covid the radiation treatments stop!!!!! Yes, he will not be allowed in the building anymore. So I don't think it has anything to do with appointments nor elective, if you are not dying of something and you don't have covid they don't want people unnecessarily in buildings or doctor's offices. Just my take on it.
    You're right but many hospitals are drawing the line at what procedures get done.

So it has everything to do with what's considered "elective."

But you are right, there's a reason for it, and some of that is justified. But I've heard some pretty scary stories about what's been considered elective when making the call.

I will survive, and deal with the consequences, but sadly there are some that won't.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Yeah hawkeye, I hope the ball really gets rolling for you.

I had to put off two neck procedures when the shutdown began and now that things are opening up I may not get in in time before they start pulling back again.

There are definite consequences to this.

Thanks KVB.
    Last edited by hawkeye 16; 07-13-20 at 03:28 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I just found out that my father had two major appointments delayed due to COVID....he died Tuesday. Yes so I am a little biased and pissed...
    Same here. I had a seizure out of nowhere but couldn’t get an appointment for an eeg until months later, they said it wasn’t emergent. Um, ok... They called the other day to schedule the appointment and I told them to fukk off, if I have another seizure I have another seizure

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Same here. I had a seizure out of nowhere but couldn’t get an eeg done for months, they said it was emergent. Um, ok... They called the other day to schedule the appointment and I told them to fukk off, if I have another seizure I have another seizure
    Dammit Kraken....fukk them

2daBank

Same here. I had a seizure out of nowhere but couldn’t get an appointment for an eeg until months later, they said it wasn’t emergent. Um, ok... They called the other day to schedule the appointment and I told them to fukk off, if I have another seizure I have another seizure
    Those are scary, I had one when I was 17 maybe, I remember telling my friends it felt like I was tripping on acid (We wernt on anything other than maybe a few beers) cause colors starting melting all together, next thing I know I’m on a stretcher getting in ambulance.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Sorry for your loss, buddy.

Hate to hear people are having problems getting the help they should

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 518

Booya, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers definitely go out to your family. Regarding the issue at hand, I know there will never be a way ti do it, but I would be curious how many deaths were caused due to people not getting the treatment they needed because their procedure was deemed "non-essential". I believe the numbers would be higher than people would think.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Sorry for your loss, buddy.

Hate to hear people are having problems getting the help they should
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Booya, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers definitely go out to your family. Regarding the issue at hand, I know there will never be a way ti do it, but I would be curious how many deaths were caused due to people not getting the treatment they needed because their procedure was deemed "non-essential". I believe the numbers would be higher than people would think.
    Thanks guys!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Ohhhhhhhh, just read the whole post. Sorry for your loss my man. Holler if you have any questions, especially if this was cardiac related. Damn man, that just sucks. We keep delaying heart procedures and I’ve often contemplated if anyone has died while waiting that we could have saved

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

take care of yourself Krackles.

hawkeye 16
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Like dying from Lung Cancer. Cig smokers...

That sucks when you can't breath anymore and you just die like that..

That certainly isn't a fun way to go out as I could only imagine.. I agree..
    There was an elderly lady that lived in my building. She liked to drink a few beers, and she would knock on the door and ask me to go to the store for her to get beer and lottery tickets. We would share a few beers over good conversation. She was quite the story teller.

She eventually had to be on oxygen. I quit making beer runs for her because I felt guilty about her medical condition. I just heard she passed away, but I'm not sure if it was from the virus or not. It could have been, she had bad asthma.

I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant way to go.

12 Last