ChocMilk23
    Day to Day
    ChocMilk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

"Until Covid is over"

I keep hearing bla bla bla until Covid is over. Is there any real reason to think covid will ever actually be over? The flu is never "over". Just wondering if anyone has more light on this.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

imo it will change after nov.2
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon, and manny24

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

vote REPUBLICAN

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

It’s never going away so we have to learn to live with it....been my point all along

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

I think they mean a vaccine where all the old and fat people can take it.

But we are still a year out at least from that.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

ya they mean when there is a vaccine and the "craziness" of shelter in places is over

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

For me it does not have to be "Over " but i need to know if my wife who has breathing issues gets sick there is at least a vaccine that lessens the symptoms so people can breath better and not be put on a ventilator.

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Its a shame about the “Hotspots” covid because one would 🤔 think that this is very serious and all you need to do is Follow The RLues ... my daughter and i live in Denver Colorado and since she could do 9th grade on line we came to pgh to help my 81 year old mom out groceries etc. We always are very cautious always wear our masks when going out in public even our friends houses. When we shop before we put stuff away we wipe down w/ rubbing alcohol and then clean all cloths after out of the house and run laundry at least every day or every other day.

The young people and inconsiderate parents dont follow the rules when we leave my moms house we carry our face masks and had sanitizer!! How hard is that?? I guess there are lots of inconsiderate and DUMB People out there !!!

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by 16johnnymac View Post
    Its a shame about the “Hotspots” covid because one would �� think that this is very serious and all you need to do is Follow The RLues ... my daughter and i live in Denver Colorado and since she could do 9th grade on line we came to pgh to help my 81 year old mom out groceries etc. We always are very cautious always wear our masks when going out in public even our friends houses. When we shop before we put stuff away we wipe down w/ rubbing alcohol and then clean all cloths after out of the house and run laundry at least every day or every other day.

The young people and inconsiderate parents dont follow the rules when we leave my moms house we carry our face masks and had sanitizer!! How hard is that?? I guess there are lots of inconsiderate and DUMB People out there !!!
    I always wear a mask when i go places. Unless i am just bringing the trash out real fast . It is annoying when you order food at times and the Doordash or Grubhub guy or girl is not wearing a mask. We have a trip to Gettysburg we already pushed back coming up in Sept . I will wait until next month and see what it has been like there . If nothing changes we will have to cancel it. If it has gotten better maybe we will go and just drive around and look at things between the hotel and the car.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

You can be as careful as you want to be but you can’t hide from it. Masks are reminding me of seatbelts. You can wear a seatbelt to minimize risk in an accident but still not a guarantee.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by ChocMilk23 View Post
    I keep hearing bla bla bla until Covid is over. Is there any real reason to think covid will ever actually be over? The flu is never "over". Just wondering if anyone has more light on this.

Nobody knows yet

Could slip away like Swine Flu did, or stick around permanently like the Flu as you said.

Much to be seen.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Yeah just like the debt, emails, Benghazi, and caravans.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    You can be as careful as you want to be but you can’t hide from it. Masks are reminding me of seatbelts. You can wear a seatbelt to minimize risk in an accident but still not a guarantee.

Yep good analogy

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Nobody knows yet

Could slip away like Swine Flu did, or stick around permanently like the Flu as you said.

Much to be seen.
    could be like Sars 1 and disappear. i really hope the doctors that think it will disappear are right.

when they say "over" i think i heard they mean we can go back to no social distancing and wearing a mask which only happens if the virus disappears or there is a vaccine that the majority can take to eliminate or lessen their chances a great deal (like the flu shot)

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    For me it does not have to be "Over " but i need to know if my wife who has breathing issues gets sick there is at least a vaccine that lessens the symptoms so people can breath better and not be put on a ventilator.
    same for my father and his liver and auto immune issues. really becomes stressful to always worry and wonder.

"over" to me is when we can not worry about leaving the house and catching something that might kill me or someone i care for.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

It'll keep spreading until there are not enough people without immunity to mathematically sustain the spread.

You can do that by infecting enough people. Or by isolating enough people. Or by vaccinating enough people.

The key words being "enough people", which is the stumbling block really. Not enough people willing to do the same thing.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    same for my father and his liver and auto immune issues. really becomes stressful to always worry and wonder.

"over" to me is when we can not worry about leaving the house and catching something that might kill me or someone i care for.
    I think if i knew there was an easily accessible vaccine we can get quickly i would be Ok going out with her. We would still social distance but would go out a bit more. So far since this started the most she has gone away from the house is 50 feet to meet a student that she had in Kindergarten. Everyone wore masks . They surprised the graduate by pulling up when she saw her. It was nice since graduations were all screwed up . I figure to have your Kindergarten teacher go out of their way and give you a card with a little something in it (My idea) would make the graduate a bit more happy .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There should be a vaccine by January

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There should be a vaccine by January

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

It’s never going away so we have to learn to live with it....been my point all along
    your point was that it's been a government agenda to heighten it, and you've even suggested that it's fake and a hoax early on in the course of it. you've also suggested that it's just a "bad flu." I don't remember the flu creating holes in your lungs, do you?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

As treatment advances, the actual disease will become less and less of an impact. It will never go away, and it will never become as easy to treat as the basic flu.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Common sense seems to be totally non-existent with the young people of today. They think because they are young, they are immune to the disease. It has been around for less than a year so no one has had the opportunity to see what, if any long term effects people may get. This is the kind of "Surprise" that no one needs.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Wouldn't shock me if the day after, assuming Biden wins, the narrative will turn that it's time to get out and we need to live our lives despite the virus.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

The world will never go back to what it was pre covid

That's "over"

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Good to be on the beach and tennis courts. Life is normal again

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

I agree, going away is a long way away............
    The question is HOW do we learn to live (or die) with it????
    The EU has been amazingly successful, so why is the US sucking big time.....dead last!
    There is an answer that works! America is blind and leaderless.

For the first time in history!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Go look at California's graph. It is basically the red line, and we have had efforts in place since the beginning of March.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    I agree, going away is a long way away............
    The question is HOW do we learn to live (or die) with it????
    The EU has been amazingly successful, so why is the US sucking big time.....dead last!
    There is an answer that works! America is blind and leaderless.

For the first time in history!
    I suggest you stop getting your information from whoever it might be, because they are making you look like a fool.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

It’s never going to go away. All the vaccines will fail the last phase. It’s here to stay.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    It’s never going to go away. All the vaccines will fail the last phase. It’s here to stay.
    can't u pray it away

zealot
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 07-07-20 at 04:38 AM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dr.s are having a 98.6% success rate on ALL Serious/Critical hospitalized patients seniors and unhealthy included..

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    The world will never go back to what it was pre covid

That's "over"
    Wrong

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Dr.s are having a 98.6% success rate on ALL Serious/Critical hospitalized patients seniors and unhealthy included..
    You got it wrong, that was their body temperature.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    You got it wrong, that was their body temperature.
    that isnt even the normal body temp bro