thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

First round record 18-0
    Games facing elimination 2 (both at home)
    Times trailing the series in the finals 2 (out of a possible 29)

The first round record is the most amazing. They never let up against a bad team. They did have the benefit of having 5 game series, but this is still hard to fathom. The quickness of these series in genera definitely helped their run.

One of the series they faced elimination against the pacers all of the losses were on the road by one possession. The other against the Knicks in 92 they won game 7 by 29.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It does help when you get the 2nd best player in the NBA tied up for 10 years on a G league contract basically...

A great set of teams for the 2 runs but poor Scottie.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I didn’t realize a lot of those series were battles though

Jordan and a few other guys hit every big shot their whole career that was amazing

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It does help when you get the 2nd best player in the NBA tied up for 10 years on a G league contract basically...

Pippen was never the 2nd best player in the world at any point in his career. Top 10 mainly, top 5 for a couple years. Pippen at any point in his career was NEVER better than Dream. Not even close dude.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Jordan always made the big shot when it mattered.

Lebron in the other hand let Ray Allen or Dwayne Wade to take it. And people think Lebron is better than Jordan. The stupidity is mind boggling.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Pippen was never the 2nd best player in the world at any point in his career. Top 10 mainly, top 5 for a couple years. Pippen at any point in his career was NEVER better than Dream. Not even close dude.
    I agree with you goat. Probably top 5-10. He was still underpaid badly which helped Chicago a ton.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Jordan always made the big shot when it mattered.

Lebron in the other hand let Ray Allen or Dwayne Wade to take it. And people think Lebron is better than Jordan. The stupidity is mind boggling.
    John Paxson? Steve Kerr? Look at how lopsided the series were. The bulls were way ahead of everyone

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

I forgot how good the Bulls where.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

^^i was a kid when they were winning. You don’t realize these types of things at that age, just that they were really good. I mean state lost 2 games to the clippers in the first round last year.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    ^^i was a kid when they were winning. You don’t realize these types of things at that age, just that they were really good. I mean state lost 2 games to the clippers in the first round last year.
    That golden state team is better than the Bulls, but the Bulls had better chemistry maybe. Something was off with the warriors with KD there, but they just were so dominant talent wise. There's never been a team assembled like that. Curry is better than Pippen all time, and Durant is certainly inching his way into the top 10 of all time category if he plays 5 more years and is dominant. Thompson is probably just as good as Dennis Rodman. And if Cousins didn't injure himself again. Not even mentioning Dryamond or Iguadala. That team was just not fair.

Raptors are lucky literally everyone got injured. Most tainted title of all time. Otherwise Warriors 3 peat easily with massive chemistry issues. That just tells you how unfair that team is talent wise.

Their first year together they went 16-1 in the playoffs. Literally massacred everyone in their path. This is when Cleveland had Love Irving and Lebron as well, a trio that could probably compete for a ring 99% of other years.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    For a 10 year span? Yeah, he was the 2nd best player in NBA from 91-99, the Bulls "run", the topic of this thread.

Only 2 you could really argue are Robinson or Malone. But seeing neither reached a finals till the 98 finals, and both were surrounded BY HER talent and coaching, hard to say their accomplishments are any better than 94 Pippen

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

not the owners fault pippen was a moron, he signed a terrible contract

clockwise1965

Where was Pippens agent during his contract negotiations?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Stealing his money?

Scottie was and is one stupid mofo. Talented, but not the brightest bulb in the box. And I knew before, but if you watch this series you see how Michael dragged Scottie to become great. Had he been drafted onto some shit team where he was expected to be the man he wouldn't have amounted to much. Would have had a forgettable career. MJ forced him to become great.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Two things I didn’t like about the last dance

1. Skipping over Jordan adulterous ways with white whores

2. They completely glossed over Pippens contract. All we got was reinsdorf told him that he was going to hold him to the contract no matter what and Pippen took it because it offered the most guaranteed money and he had 100 people in his family. Would have been a good story if they gave that more attention. The supporting cast would not have been nearly as good if Pippen was paid what he was worth.

clockwise1965

Jordan was a notorious womanizer and that was just left out of the docuseries.

Interesting.