Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    And you're just be butthurt because your man wouldn't secretly sleep with you

The only pain LeBron would dish out is you know where on you.
    Not even a Lebron fan but I can see he is the best player of his era and your bias toward him is comical. I guess being a cuck racist with limited sports knowledge gets you a mod job at sbr. Congrats on Being an overachiever and exceeding your guidance counselor’s prediction of part time dishwasher at Long John Silvers.

Go wash your hood and robe for the meeting Sunday.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Shafted69

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    give me a break

watch any of the games and tell me how many times jordan was triple teamed (or even double teamed)

here's a game for you, watch the 2 hours... or just watch the first 10 minutes, he's either single covered or uncovered off a pick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0sIU56klI

other than going to the hoop there was never double/triple coverage

how could you even triple team someone in a triangle offense
    I sure don't miss all the illegal defense calls

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Jordan gave up individual accolades to win rings like a winner. Guys like LeBron or Kobe could never do what Michael did the way he did it. No one could. Those guys did it their own way for better or worse or whatever opinion.

The one thing no one is jumping on is how sacrificing individual stats to win is a memo that losers like James harden never got. Tre young is on his way down the same path

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    ...lNo one is going to touch Kobe's 35.4 in the modern NBA anytime soon...
    James Harden averaged 36.1 points per game in the 2018-19 season, that's was just last season.

Harden was averaging 34.4 points per game through 61 games in the 2019-20 season.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    James Harden averaged 36.1 points per game in the 2018-19 season, that's was just last season.

Harden was averaging 34.4 points per game through 61 games in the 2019-20 season.

Forgot about Harden. Think he's the only guy capable of doing what Kobe did on the offensive end.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Harden has been a scoring beast in so many breakdowns.

Whether it's being doubled or more, per minutes of play, or what have you. Harden has had aquite a recent run recently, a rather historic run to say the least.

Would be amazing to keep it up all career.

Kobe's played in 500 more games.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Not even a Lebron fan but I can see he is the best player of his era and your bias toward him is comical. I guess being a cuck racist with limited sports knowledge gets you a mod job at sbr. Congrats on Being an overachiever and exceeding your guidance counselor’s prediction of part time dishwasher at Long John Silvers.

Go wash your hood and robe for the meeting Sunday.

You are easily the Resident-Racist here as most already know & agree.

Nice try trying to deflect it though.

Now go lie down in bed and stare at your Obama poster you have pinned to your ceiling to admire every night.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Didn't realize how much Jordan needed Scotty to win until this series came out.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Forgot about Harden. Think he's the only guy capable of doing what Kobe did on the offensive end.
    Can't emphasize that enough...lol...

We've gone from the hopes of Lebron highlights to this.

DoctorStrong
    DoctorStrong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

Rodman can guard anyone, MJ held his own on D as well

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

the beauty in Lebron's game is how fundamentally sound he is. he is the purest basketball player of all time. he plays the game how you would teach your son to play. can do everything on the court & I mean EVERYTHING exceptionally well and the IQ is off the charts. greatness is not measured, it is only witnessed.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    the beauty in Lebron's game is how fundamentally sound he is. he is the purest basketball player of all time. he plays the game how you would teach your son to play. can do everything on the court & I mean EVERYTHING exceptionally well and the IQ is off the charts. greatness is not measured, it is only witnessed.
    I agree. Worst GM in the league.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I may be exaggerating just a little, but I'm not completely wrong like you are claiming it wasn't typical to double & triple team players then.

Not to mention there were ALSO true centers, shot blockers, and enforcers in the league then that were a nuisance.

These days it's a free pass to the bucket and anyone who's ever followed the game knows this.
    totally agree, the game goes in cycles

used to be throw it down to a big man, let him get double teamed and kick it out (it was cartwright for some of those jordan years)

now it's jack up a 3 every possession or get a fast break because half your team doesn't play defense

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Lebron needs mental health treatment. His reality is based on a life of coddling and being used. He'll be alright. Great player who will get it someday. Building schools and trying to help in a losing battle is nice, but knowing who you really are is better. He'll get there.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Lebron needs mental health treatment. His reality is based on a life of coddling and being used. He'll be alright. Great player who will get it someday. Building schools and trying to help in a losing battle is nice, but knowing who you really are is better. He'll get there.
    we all know who he is, lebron included

a racist bitch who likes to fake hate crimes

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

He's a megalomaniac. Even in lockdown he's talking as if he runs the NBA. Pipe down, Silver runs the NBA.

The General

I hear ya, Mike. I understand, but Lebron is lost in a thought process of the world is against me when that is not the case. He's been brainwashed by his upbringing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike

I hear ya, Mike. I understand, but Lebron is lost in a thought process of the world is against me when that is not the case. He's been brainwashed by his upbringing.
    and also that the world is against black people

media has sure spun a good tale on that one... even the biggest racists on the planet don't give a crap about the other races, they just avoid them

the thought that white people (or any people) just sit around hating black people all day is total nonsense

cybersharp
    Update your status
    cybersharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1155

For God's sake, Rodman needs to pour himself another drink and then call
    his AA sponsor. James would've embarrassed him.

Dennis has been watching too many Chinese League games while lounging
    around Kim Jung Un's palace.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

There's never been any athlete in the history of sports that has been under the microscope like Lebron James. This guy was literally a prodige when he was 16 years old and he lived up to it. He came straight out of high school because he loved Kobe. He wore 23 because he loved Jordan. But neither or those 2 guys had every part of their lives thrust into the international spotlight at such a young age. You say Lebron has been brainwashed by his upbringing, but isn't it crazy to you that you know him that well--without ever having met him--to make that statement, simply by observing him on TV/social media/all news outlets for the past 20 years?

Growing up in Lebron's shoes is probably the most difficult thing anyone could ever imagine. For all his decisions, better or worse (i.e. "not 3, not 4, not 5..."), the guy is still standing at the top of the throne in today's game.

Remarkable.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

If they played like that now, they would be out of the league Rodman laimbeer and mahorn.

The General

I agree Goat and have posted very similar myself.

milwaukee mike

There's never been any athlete in the history of sports that has been under the microscope like Lebron James. This guy was literally a prodige when he was 16 years old and he lived up to it. He came straight out of high school because he loved Kobe. He wore 23 because he loved Jordan. But neither or those 2 guys had every part of their lives thrust into the international spotlight at such a young age. You say Lebron has been brainwashed by his upbringing, but isn't it crazy to you that you know him that well--without ever having met him--to make that statement, simply by observing him on TV/social media/all news outlets for the past 20 years?

Growing up in Lebron's shoes is probably the most difficult thing anyone could ever imagine. For all his decisions, better or worse (i.e. "not 3, not 4, not 5..."), the guy is still standing at the top of the throne in today's game.

Remarkable.
    really?

there is human trafficking/abuse of children all over the world, and the most difficult thing we can imagine is being rich and spoiled?

i think being repeatedly sold and sexually assaulted as a 10 year old by a bunch of 50 year old men is a bit worse, or maybe starving/freezing to death, or maybe having a father beat and rape you on a daily basis

those might be just a teeny tiny bit worse

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

LeBron didn't even work on improving his game with new/improved moves in the post until he got embarrassed by the Mavs after he got his wish to team up with 2 other top all-stars then scored 8 PTs in game 4 w/the Heat up 2-1 and ghosted the team in every 4th quarter while hiding from the ball... standing in the corner of the court doing nothing... uninvolved in the offense. Doing zero to help Wade or Bosh score as he hoped they would do enough to win the series for him

he was doing exactly what Rodman said... just using his overpowering physical traits/speed combo while in his 20s

it's why he still sucks at free throws to this day compared to all the guys people TRY to compare him to (MJ, Kobe...)

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

give me a break
    watch any of the games and tell me how many times jordan was triple teamed (or even double teamed)
    here's a game for you, watch the 2 hours... or just watch the first 10 minutes, he's either single covered or uncovered off a pick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0sIU56klI
    other than going to the hoop there was never double/triple coverage
    how could you even triple team someone in a triangle offense
    Exactly. That's what happens when you don't double or triple team Jordan, he puts up 55 points, in a Championship game no less. They should've doubled team him to keep he under 40 points.

milwaukee mike

when time passes then people who saw these guys as kids think they're the greatest ever... then those people get old and we totally forget about it

why doesn't anyone argue if bill russell or wilt chamberlain is the greatest of all time? because these were only idols for people that are now really old

20 years from now lebron will be the best ever to the 40 year olds, and the younger guys will say some new guy is the greatest

and the older guys also always say "he couldn't play in that era!" really? lebron couldn't play against a bunch of scrawny guys that were hungover half the time?

Hman

when time passes then people who saw these guys as kids think they're the greatest ever... then those people get old and we totally forget about it

why doesn't anyone argue if bill russell or wilt chamberlain is the greatest of all time? because these were only idols for people that are now really old

20 years from now lebron will be the best ever to the 40 year olds, and the younger guys will say some new guy is the greatest

and the older guys also always say "he couldn't play in that era!" really? lebron couldn't play against a bunch of scrawny guys that were hungover half the time?

You're right this is how it works.

But we can still debate who's the greatest, because one is better than the other, we just have no ways to legitimately prove it.

Would it be fair to base it on the opinions of those who have seen multiple eras?

That might be the most accurate method we have.

And most who have seen them all argue that Wilt was great, LeBron is great, but despite how great, that MJ was just on another level all by himself.

milwaukee mike

You're right this is how it works.

But we can still debate who's the greatest, because one is better than the other, we just have no ways to legitimately prove it.

Would it be fair to base it on the opinions of those who have seen multiple eras?

That might be the most accurate method we have.

And most who have seen them all argue that Wilt was great, LeBron is great, but despite how great, that MJ was just on another level all by himself.
    but the whole argument is just so silly

it's a TEAM SPORT... the greatness of 1 person is totally dependent on who their teammates were, and what kind of system they had

and it's always basketball, i've seen 100 mj/kobe or mj/lebron arguments for every 1 nicklaus/tiger or baseball, hockey, racecar driver, etc argument

The General

Did Lebron's mother really sleep with a teammate. if so can you imagine the chit he dealt with before he was among the most popular athletes in history. Talking about trama.

Hman

but the whole argument is just so silly

it's a TEAM SPORT... the greatness of 1 person is totally dependent on who their teammates were, and what kind of system they had

Yes it is a team sport, but also basketball is the one & only team sport in which a superstar makes all the difference.

In no other sport can the star player take over and singlehandedly carry their team, like in basketball.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

And 20 years from now, some guy named DenverDanny will be on here and say all the things you just said.......and Jordan will still be the greatest.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    And 20 years from now, some guy named DenverDanny will be on here and say all the things you just said.......and Jordan will still be the greatest.
    that's exactly the problem

the people that somehow know that 1 player is the greatest, also know that he will always be the greatest

bionic robot version of wilt chamberlain could score 100 points per game (and also play defense) and people would still say jordan was better

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Jordan cheated on his wife constantly and got his dad killed with his gambling debts. It would be interesting in today's media microscope how he would fare.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Jordan cheated on his wife constantly and got his dad killed with his gambling debts. It would be interesting in today's media microscope how he would fare.
    Yes those are all true Jake but he's Jordan, unlimited free passes

shadymcgrady

Umm, read the first page of the thread, bill Russell was mentioned. As far as wilt goes he wasn't even the best big in his era. Russell dominated him when it mattered. 13 rings to one. Lol

First 123 Last