big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Why do people get all upset by what Trump says? Everyone should know by now he doesn’t even believe himself. I think he’s entertaining. You can’t take him serious. Just relax and enjoy the show.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Why do people get all upset by what Trump says?.
    I’m not sure but if I had to guess it would be because he’s the Commander-In-Chief of the US.

And this is coming from someone who agrees with most of his policies.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    Let's not forget that opinions by politicians have changed in both parties:

Congresswoman Pelosi Feb 24
    “You should come to Chinatown. Precautions have been taken by our city. We know that there is concern about tourism all throughout the world, but we think it’s very safe to be in Chinatown. I hope that others will come."

Mayor de Blasio Mar 2
    “I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives and get out on the town despite Coronavirus.”
    I would COMPLETELY disregard their predictions as well.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I get why he would want to have a meeting with all of them. Huge part of the economy and it would be in their best interests to work together and pool their resources.

If Trump didn’t give a date he’d be peppered with questions asking for a timetable. Not going to hold him to Aug or Sep timeframe. I like him showing optimism. I don’t expect many facts from him so can’t be disappointed.

lleytian3
    lleytian3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Let's consider a little perspective here by looking at a few other Trump "predictions" regarding Covid-19.
    Feb. 10

“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

Feb. 24

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 28

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

And don't forget about the hopes for "Packed Churches" by Easter Sunday. If some idiot on SBR started 3 failing Guaranteed Lock type threads and he was COMPLETELY WRONG on all 3 of them... would you put faith in him when he made another? Why is this any different?
    Thank you so much for this.

Man, this moron is making wrong prediction after specific wrong prediction and you still have MAGA ppl desperately trying to spin this.

I would have hoped that the sports betting community would have more skepticism but I guess that was hoping for too much. LOL

TheLock

MLB July 1st in Arizona no fans is gaining steam

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    Let's not forget that opinions by politicians have changed in both parties:

Congresswoman Pelosi Feb 24
    “You should come to Chinatown. Precautions have been taken by our city. We know that there is concern about tourism all throughout the world, but we think it’s very safe to be in Chinatown. I hope that others will come."

Mayor de Blasio Mar 2
    “I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives and get out on the town despite Coronavirus.”
    Yeah but trump haters only know how to hate trump for everything no matter what anyone else does. Also they can't say who they would have as president to fix the situation.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    MLB July 1st in Arizona no fans is gaining steam
    Have you seen a dbacks game in July? They have been playing like that for almost a decade now.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Any baseball would be good at this point.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

If sports were being played right now people would be in the stands. You can’t let the people decide whether they attend sporting events. The real problems with the professional sports leagues getting started is television contracts, wanting to honor those contracts with live content, and the ability to coordinate all of the concessions, security, and other people needed to have fans in the stands. Let’s just be honest. They could all play right now if it was just about meeting at a designated place or arena. This is ALL about trying to max out capacity. The nba could play in a high school gym if they really wanted to get the season over with. But the league wants to get parking, concessions, and everything else. Plus the leagues want this for live content. At this point I wouldn’t care if they played in a bunker and put it on tape delay. Sports just does NOT matter at this point. If the leagues are going to play, play and forget about the fans and tv.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I wonder if ufc is still happening this month.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Have you seen a dbacks game in July? They have been playing like that for almost a decade now.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    If sports were being played right now people would be in the stands. You can’t let the people decide whether they attend sporting events. The real problems with the professional sports leagues getting started is television contracts, wanting to honor those contracts with live content, and the ability to coordinate all of the concessions, security, and other people needed to have fans in the stands. Let’s just be honest. They could all play right now if it was just about meeting at a designated place or arena. This is ALL about trying to max out capacity. The nba could play in a high school gym if they really wanted to get the season over with. But the league wants to get parking, concessions, and everything else. Plus the leagues want this for live content. At this point I wouldn’t care if they played in a bunker and put it on tape delay. Sports just does NOT matter at this point. If the leagues are going to play, play and forget about the fans and tv.
    The TV money would be huge for all of the sports named.

This delay has a lot to do with legal liability. If just one player ends up extremely sick and in the hospital on a ventilator and even worse, dies, it will be a huge problem.

By saying it's about the concessions and the crowd you are minimizing just how huge a decision this is on several fronts for each sport.

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    LOL...so true.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    The TV money would be huge for all of the sports named.

This delay has a lot to do with legal liability. If just one player ends up extremely sick and in the hospital on a ventilator and even worse, dies, it will be a huge problem.

By saying it's about the concessions and the crowd you are minimizing just how huge a decision this is on several fronts for each sport.
    If it was just about legal liability they wouldn’t be worried about coming back anytime soon fans or no fans. There should be zero noise about ANY sport coming back until this virus is eradicated from the world. But that’s NOT what is happening. Does it really matter who the nba or nhl champ is for 2020?? This is about the leagues desires to get started up before anybody else and maximizing profits. To even be thinking about getting sports back is asinine.

homie1975

If it was just about legal liability they wouldn’t be worried about coming back anytime soon fans or no fans. There should be zero noise about ANY sport coming back until this virus is eradicated from the world. But that’s NOT what is happening. Does it really matter who the nba or nhl champ is for 2020?? This is about the leagues desires to get started up before anybody else and maximizing profits. To even be thinking about getting sports back is asinine.
    I agree. No players should be fraternizing in groups more than a few ppl let alone coaches, team personnel, and fans!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Another drawback of starting sports is it will take away the attention the doctors, nurses and police need to fight the virus by watching games instead of working to save lives.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Another drawback of starting sports is it will take away the attention the doctors, nurses and police need to fight the virus by watching games instead of working to save lives.
    It just makes no sense to let sports dictate ANYTHING right now.

lleytian3

Man this is so true! All these morons only care about these dumb games. don't get me wrong, im a big football fan but these people act like there isn't a goddamn global pandemic going on.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

no different than any other time of the year when docs and nurses are working

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Younger/healthy people would go to games tomorrow.

Older and unhealthy people might think twice.

This will be the case for the next few years.

So let's get on with it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post

So let's get on with it.
    This will be bad because is the old people who have money to buy tickets.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Masters now in Nov interesting

TheLock

PGA Championship August 6-9, 2020.

Won’t we all be dead by then, though?

lleytian3

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post

So let's get on with it.
    Actually i highly doubt this. Of course in certain places you'll get more young people that would go to a sporting event than old people.

But look at churches that are still open, it is mostly old people that are still attending their religious events, not young people.

I believe that all age groups would be more than willing to go a sporting event, and that is because we still have a bunch of people that aren't taking this seriously.

homie1975

PGA Championship August 6-9, 2020.

Won’t we all be dead by then, though?
    Full on doubters might have dead loved ones. Wouldn't that be ironic?

The PGA championship could easily be pushed out past august. Everything is just tentative right now.

TheLock

Full on doubters might have dead loved ones. Wouldn't that be ironic?

The PGA championship could easily be pushed out past august. Everything is just tentative right now.

I know you’re praying that we are all shut in our homes for another 18 months but if advanced models are correct, you’ll be faced with the United States opening up in 2-3 months.

MLB is gearing up.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-early-arizona

homie1975

I know you’re praying that we are all shut in our homes for another 18 months but if advanced models are correct, you’ll be faced with the United States opening up in 2-3 months.

MLB is gearing up.

not praying for anything like that, no way Sir.

I just want doubters to wake up and face reality. new studies show that 70% of counties in the USA will be severely affected by this pandemic.

BTW one of my good buddies is an Asst GM for a MLB franchise and i am in touch with him regularly. the logistics of what the MLB is trying to do is a lot more extensive than one might think.

homie1975

MLB is gearing up.

what happened to Easter Sunday 4/12? as in 5 days from now?

Is that off the table now??

TheLock

what happened to Easter Sunday 4/12? as in 5 days from now?

Is that off the table now??

When did MLB say they were starting on Easter?

TheLock

CDC Director says that COVID-19 deaths will be much lower than current models are showing

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/cd...ry?id=70011918

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

MLB going to play all games in empty stadiums in Arizona?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sports reporters are so desperate for any kind of information that they will blow any story completely out of perportion just to get a headline. Have you read some of the garbage they write? Everyday there is at least 2 "Mock Drafts" for the NFL. Sports reporters and writers are rarely correct with anything they write about or publish unless it is news that has already been confirmed. If you believe what Sports reporters tell you, you also believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

homie1975

When did MLB say they were starting on Easter?
    trump wanted to reopen the economy on easter sunday. look at what i bolded, Sir

First 123 Last