Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Manning will be looked at less than: Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson.

Equal to: Luck, Rivers, Cousins, Stafford, Smith, Flacco, Ryan.

There's 5 dudes ahead of him for sure, 10 better QBs as contemporaries. I don't see him getting in w the stats.

The SBs aren't going to matter....Foles, Dilfer, Flacco all got rings
    Manning might not get in. Only reason why I give him a chance is because he's from the Royal Football Family and there's obviously huge influence there. He doesn't deserve it though, because he's never been a top 3 qb in the world at any point in time.

The only QBs that are a lock to get in are Brady Brees Rodgers and Big Ben (that are still playing).
    And then you have Wilson, who will eventually get in barring an injury, Mahomes, and then as a prediction, maybe Lamar Jackson and Desean Watson if they somehow have long careers, but that is very iffy.

If Stafford ever wins a ring, or starts to play some good football in his 30s for the next 5 years, he will probably get in. Because QBs don't really hit their primes until early 30s, so I see a good 5 years left for stafford.

Rivers is done imo. The guy had Tomlinson Gates and a hole bunch of hall of famers on each side of the ball and couldn't get it done. Tomlinson was a once in a generation RB and they wasted him. That's a stain for Rivers.

Matt Ryan is guaranteed not to get in.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

manning and rivers will get in

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    manning and rivers will get in
    Is Rivers a better qb than McNabb? Maybe.

Brett Favre made the hall of fame, easily the most overrated player of the century.

Guy threw interceptions like it was his job. Literally.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10874

Cam Newton biggest bust ever
    He can’t even make the fashion HOF

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10874

All rivers does is throws ints and procreate

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Brett Favre made the hall of fame, easily the most overrated player of the century.

Yea right. Farve one of greatest ever.

jtoler

I never really cared for rivers(hate that throwing motion) but was just going by his stats and people tend to like him, I think. may take a while not 1st ballot or anything but he needs to get to playoffs again somehow and win a game maybe 2. he's 6th on the all time passing list

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I never really cared for rivers(hate that throwing motion) but was just going by his stats and people tend to like him, I think. may take a while not 1st ballot or anything but he needs to get to playoffs again somehow and win a game maybe 2. he's 6th on the all time passing list
    That’s why I said he would eventually get in. Not talking bout my personal preference just what will most likely happen. Def don’t see him being 1st ballot but he will get in when there a thin year.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

No chance in hell.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    How do you figure? Favre threw over 20 picks SIX different seasons. The man threw 29 intereceptions and 20 tds one year. Bro how do you average 2 interceptions a game while still almost in your prime.

The man is so overrated because he used to be a gunslinger and make splash plays.

Both Rodgers and Brees are immensely more talented and more accomplished than Brett Favre. Way more accurate, way better arms, way smarter players.

Don't get me wrong he was a great player overall but he is just highly overrated. He's no where near a Payton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, let alone a Brady or Montana.

2daBank

How do you figure? Favre threw over 20 picks SIX different seasons. The man threw 29 intereceptions and 20 tds one year. Bro how do you average 2 interceptions a game while still almost in your prime.

The man is so overrated because he used to be a gunslinger and make splash plays.

Both Rodgers and Brees are immensely more talented and more accomplished than Brett Favre. Way more accurate, way better arms, way smarter players.
    More talented? Yea fukkin right. No chance Brady more talented than farve. He better player no doubt, more talented you dreaming. Throwing picks wasn’t a big deal back then and that was back when you were allowed to play defense. I’d love to see those ferry’s play in that era where wrs couldn’t run free and feel safe over middle (where Brady throws 90% his passes), edlmen be dead, and the qb got clobbered! Please,

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

I don't know, on one hand you can't argue that he was an iron man (like Rivers) but you can't even think about arguing against those three consecutive MVP's.

But he was a pick 6 waiting to happen and he threw a lot of picks man.
    Top 10 all time, I don't know top 15 for sure, I'd put him around 12th or so.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I don't know, on one hand you can't argue that he was an iron man (like Rivers) but you can't even think about arguing against those three consecutive MVP's.

I think a weenie like Rodgers woulda never made it back then, sure he don’t throw picks. It way easier to play qb now than ever. Wrs get free releases, don’t get separated from the ball with contact. QBs got crushed and we celebrated it didn’t throw flags. Wasn’t saying he was greatest qb of all time just that it asinine to call him boarder line HOFer. Prob round 10 is fair Havnt made a list in some time.,

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Banker is right- it was an era where teams had a vertical passing game and picks, generally on 3rd and long, were considered as punts more or less because the D was allowed to play aggressive.

Today's QBs wouldn't last 5 years in 1980-2005 NFL.

jtoler

I dont consider one of the greatest ever but I mighta started watching too late, those 3 straight mvps is insane 2 of those yrs he had 3 times as many tds as ints

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Who has had the better career?? McNabb or Cam?? Cam is not better than McNabb by any passing measure. McNabb probably never gets in and he was a winner.

2daBank

Banker is right- it was an era where teams had a vertical passing game and picks, generally on 3rd and long, were considered as punts more or less because the D was allowed to play aggressive.

Today's QBs wouldn't last 5 years in 1980-2005 NFL.
    They still changing rules to protect pussies like Rodgers, Brady, and Brees. Anytime one these clowns get hurt they change a rule.

stevenash

They still changing rules to protect pussies like Rodgers, Brady, and Brees. Anytime one these clowns get hurt they change a rule.
    Agree with two, Brees is not a wuss.
    Meatloaf sang "Two out of Three ain't bad" though.

2daBank

Agree with two, Brees is not a wuss.
    Meatloaf sang "Two out of Three ain't bad" though.
    Lol. They been protecting that jerkoff for a decade. Not allowed to breath on drew without getting a flag.

stevenash

Lol. They been protecting that jerkoff for a decade. Not allowed to breath on drew without getting a flag.
    Doesn't make him a wuss though.
    He can take hits.

2daBank

Doesn't make him a wuss though.
    He can take hits.
    I hate him so I’ll never agree. They don’t let him get hit. 15 yards, fine from league, and possible suspension for touching the savor of that shitty city. Everyone knows it by now.

stevenash

Love Brees, but yeah New Orleans is an extremely shady city.
    Carlos Marcello ran that city for years, some say he masterminded the JFK hit.
    As powerful as Gambino or Gotti.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Marcello behind JFK, BAY OF PIGS and along w Roselli set up a lot of Vegas

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

I hate him so I’ll never agree. They don’t let him get hit. 15 yards, fine from league, and possible suspension for touching the savor of that shitty city. Everyone knows it by now.
    Lol. Someone with a St Louis logo talking about a shitty city

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    Lol. Someone with a St Louis logo talking about a shitty city
    Lol @ Someone without 100 bucks posting

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cam Newton isn't a hall of famer, he doesn't have the individual or team accomplishments and his one great season was overrated, carolinas schedule was very easy and he got exposed in the super bowl. He's been a good but not great qb most of his career. He's like cousins, above average, but not a hall of famer, and not a guy who will win a super bowl.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Manning will be looked at less than: Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson.
    And he has as many or more rings than everyone on that list except for Brady. What’s your point?

thomorino

Eli manning isn't a hall for f famer, he led the league I interception na 3 times, Manning's whole career I have a 4 games, 2 of them super bowls. He was always inconsistent and got exposed when offensive line began the struggle

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    And he has as many or more rings than everyone on that list except for Brady. What’s your point?
    Trent dilfer has. a super bowl ring, Eli manning isn't in the same tier as roethlisberger,anning ,Brady, not close.

POOLSIDE

Equal to: Cousins
    HAHAHAHAHA gtfo. No one besides you think Cousins and Eli Manning are even remotely equal. One is a big game player, one is a big game choke artist. One has two super bowl rings, one has never sniffed a super bowl.

Eli has two super bowl mvps. How many players in the history of the sport have two super bowl mvps?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA gtfo. No one besides you think Cousins and Eli Manning are even remotely equal. One is a big game player, one is a big game choke artist. One has two super bowl rings, one has never sniffed a super bowl.

Eli has two super bowl mvps. How many players in the history of the sport have two super bowl mvps?
    Cousins hasn’t won a playoff gm let alone a SB. Lol. Can’t wait for chance to fade him vs good team.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Trent dilfer has. a super bowl ring, Eli manning isn't in the same tier as roethlisberger,anning ,Brady, not close.
    Foh talking about Trent Dilfer like that’s even relevant. And I’m not interested in scrubs with only one super bowl ring. This is a conversation about big boys.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    All rivers does is throws ints and procreate
    Don't forget he can run down a play clock like no one else. Guy will fuk around shouting nonsense and then hand it off for a 3 yard loss better than anyone ever. Doesn't matter if he's up 21 or down 21, he will get his barking time in. A fantasy player's nightmare.

Goat Milk

More talented? Yea fukkin right. No chance Brady more talented than farve. He better player no doubt, more talented you dreaming. Throwing picks wasn’t a big deal back then and that was back when you were allowed to play defense. I’d love to see those ferry’s play in that era where wrs couldn’t run free and feel safe over middle (where Brady throws 90% his passes), edlmen be dead, and the qb got clobbered! Please,
    Edelman a fairy? Lol guy is tough as nails, what are you saying. Could see you making that comment about a lot of other guys. Edleman? No. Gronk? Would destroy any linebacker from any era. An injury prone guy but a walking Frankeinstein and would clobber anyone. Dion Branch? He played in Favre's era and went over the middle all the time. Brady has always had a player like that.

I don't see what makes talent, because Favre would run to his left toss it 50 yards off one foot and get it picked off 50% of the time? Mahomes does everything Favre does but 10x better.

Brady is also basically from the same era as Favre, he's like 7 years younger. It's not like the game radically changed in those 7 yrs. Favre wasn't out there getting drilled by Mike Singletary and Lawrence Taylor. Every era deals with their own great Dlineman. I can argue that Donald is better than anyone from any era not named LT. I can argue that Ray Lewis is the best MLB in history and that Brady faced two of the top 3 (with the 85 bears being the other) defenses in NFL history, in the Ravens and the Seahawks. Seahawks made Manning look like a straight bitch in the superbowl, and Brady threw 2 tds in the 4th quarter against them to win the game. That was a hard ass hitting team. You gonna tell me Kam Chancellor Sherman Thomas Bennett Bobby Wagner Bruce Irvin Cliff Avril? Come over the middle against Kam Chancellor and he can end your career. He's one of the hardest hitting safeties from any era. Period.

Not sure where you're going with this. Favre has a strong arm bro. He loses to Brady in several talent cateogires: 1) Mechanics. 2) Accuracy. 3) Presnap reads 4) Instinct 5) Clutch gene

2daBank

I didn’t call Edelman a ferry. I said he would be dead in the good old days. Guy woulda got killed going over the middle. It takes no guts or toughness to go across middle anymore.

Farve playing today would destroy every record. All the dudes yoo sucking off woulda been substantially worse in Farve era. Fact.

First 123 Last