Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

I know most people like quick action but nice future here

Lewis Hamilton wins formula one 2020 championship @ 1.90 (-110).

Not bad when you see how the other drivers (especially Vettel) always fuk up in crucial moments. Hamilton is by far the most solid driver, most stable mentally.

Possible payout in 12 months.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Pass

I like it quick and fast

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder what max bet is?

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I wonder what max bet is?
    I personally use Betfair Exchange for this so it depends on other users / traders, at the moment only circa 200.

jjgold

200 not worth it

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Lewis Hamilton wins formula one 2020 championship @ 1.90 (-110).

Not bad when you see how the other drivers (especially Vettel) always fuk up in crucial moments. Hamilton is by far the most solid driver, most stable mentally.

Possible payout in 12 months.
    Not sold on this. Both Ferrari and Honda engines caught up second half of the year.

It took loads of Ferrari mistakes and lots of luck and good calls from Mercedes to stay far ahead this year.

RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

Locking your $ up on a -110.... It would need to be near 100% certainty that it is going to win to make it worth it. Even then, with the time value of $ probably not worth it. You gotta put the cash out for this or you got credit?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Love quick action

Poisec

Hamilton is now at 1.50 (-200), seems like I got early value.

jjgold

Great

When does it start?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

That's a swing and a miss for me...
    Much better wagers that do not require locking-up funds for over 12 months at -200.

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Great

When does it start?
    Next month and the season ends in November.

Poisec

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    That's a swing and a miss for me...
    Much better wagers that do not require locking-up funds for over 12 months at -200.
    I wouldn't recommend at -200 now, my initial pick was at -110, I mean why not it depends what kind of bettor you are.

jjgold

Season starts late

Injury only worry

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Hamilton is now at 1.50 (-200), seems like I got early value.
    You were right.

Mercedes look very well sorted in pre season testing and if he wins in Melbourne that will soon be -300 or worse.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

I watched 18 hours of Barcelona testing and Mercedes looked to be well ahead of the field. I bet Hamilton at -160 yesterday. I estimate he should be -220 at this point.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I watched 18 hours of Barcelona testing and Mercedes looked to be well ahead of the field. I bet Hamilton at -160 yesterday. I estimate he should be -220 at this point.
    What do you make of Alfa Tauri?

I'm keeping a watch on them to compete for 4th in constructors possibly.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Interested to see opening race rhis Year

Good early play

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What do you make of Alfa Tauri?

I'm keeping a watch on them to compete for 4th in constructors possibly.
    Right now Mercedes looks to be .6 ahead of Red Bull and Red Bull look to be .5 ahead of Racing Point. All of the other 7 teams look to be about .4 behind Racing Point. It's really hard to pick an order for those 7 teams. Ferrari looked to have no handling, mechanical, or reliability issues. They just weren't quick. The belief is they can just turn up the testing engine power and gain on everyone else. The problem is that everyone has the engine turned down in testing. It's an aero, mechanical grip, and reliability test rather than an engine performance test. Ferrari might not be 1.5 seconds down on Mercedes. They might only be .75 seconds down, but even so that only gets them into the #3 team position. It will probably take them 6 months to catch Mercedes and even in near equal machinery Mercedes have shown greater race control nous. Outside of Mercedes, Red Bull, and Ferrari the Racing Point car looks to be well clear of everyone else. The only reason the Racing Point isn't #2 in the timing charts is they didn't go out on the very soft tires in the best conditions and push like Mercedes, Alpha Tauri, Alfa Romeo, and Renault did. In previous years I would have worried about Racing Point having the funds to develop the car enough to stay ahead. that won't be an issue this year. Whenever the Racing Point went out it was quicker than anything other than Mercedes and Red Bull on the same tires in the same conditions. It will not be a surprise if Racing Point finish 4th and 5th in Australia behind Hamilton, Bottas, and Verstappen. They ought to pick up a lot of points early in the season. The problem for Alpha Tauri and McLaren is that by the time they've caught and passed RP, (if they do catch and pass them), that Ferrari will have gotten their act together and teams will be fighting for 7th and 8th. Those positions score significantly fewer points. Points on the board are HUGE for midfield teams in this sport. By race 15 midfield teams are hoping to outscore rivals by an average of 3 points per race. IF RP can score 16+ points per race in early races that becomes very difficult to overturn. Alpha Tauri and McLaren look pretty close. I'd favour the McLaren by .1 or .2 per lap at this point, and the car looks very stable. AT were less stable and their best times came in optimal conditions when they were pushing the track limits. McLaren were slower on the best time charts but they weren't pushing track limits or using red tyres just before the lunch break. Adjusting times for what I saw based on conditions tells me McLaren are slightly quicker at this point. If that holds up AT could be 11th and 12th in Australia which would score 0 points. Ouch! Without the 'big 6' drivers the constructors title as I see it now would be RP -127; McL +560; AT +760; AR +1190; Will +1800; Ren +4000; Ha +5000. That list is true odds and it's obviously highly speculative. The clearest thing is that all the Ferrari powered teams are comparatively weak at this point.