stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32400

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Your guy is not worth a crap. Alabama is nowhere near as good as you seem to think they are. Who have they beaten? They lose to the ONLY ranked team they played, and the game was not as close as the score indicated. LSU wins out and ends up #1 because they actually played somebody, which is more than anyone can say for 'Bama. Ohio State is the #@2 pick which is too bad for them, because they really have problems against the #3 pick, Clemson. If LSU defeates the #4 pick, (Oregon, or OU if either or both win out) they win it all, because the Championship Game is what amounts to a home game for them, being played in New Orleans. Grab them now, while you can still get a decent price.
    First and foremost I wouldn't be calling math genius (Jeff Sagarin) a graduate from MIT and a guy who's one of Las Vegas's go to guys when it comes to sports numbers "not worth a crap.
    I shut up when Sagarin speaks and his opinions are worth, oh I don't know, maybe 1000 times more than any nameless, faceless internet posters.

Now having said that Jeff Sagarin has Alabama at #4, so does the AP poll and the Coaches poll.
    The consensus pretty much across the board is Alabama right now is the fourth best team in the nation followed by Georgia and Oregon.
    I think they are the fourth best team in the nation and the nation pretty much thinks so too.
    To answer your question Alabama's best win is against Texas A&M on the road.(which was ranked by the way when they beat the Aggies, do your homework slick)
    Yes they have had a SEC soft schedule but the SEC (West) has the toughest SoS.

Like I said it would be refreshing to see Oregon in with the big 3, but fact of the matter is Alabama is currently the best one loss team in the nation like it or not. I get it you don't like Alabama and that's OK, that's your opinion.
    Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Carry on and good luck with your wagers this week.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Nasher, a lot can change on the next 4 saturdays in terms of perception on who the Top 4 teams are.

Just like it did on Wisky this year, who I was very high on and you were even higher, until they ran into Illinois and Ohio State on B2B saturdays...........

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Nasher, a lot can change on the next 4 saturdays in terms of perception on who the Top 4 teams are.

Just like it did on Wisky this year, who I was very high on and you were even higher, until they ran into Illinois and Ohio State on B2B saturdays...........
    Completely understood and 100 percent agree.
    This is why I go out of my way to say "as of now" etc. Alabama is the best one loss team.
    After week 13 they very well could be the third best one loss team, or even the best 2 loss team.

For the record even though this is an Alabama household I'm not a Crimson Tide yahoo, I'm really Navy guy for reasons explained earlier.
    I'm rooting hard for Minnesota to pull a Washington Nationals and run the table.
    Believe me, it gets boring after a while watching Alabama and the Patriots pretty much in the championship mix every year.
    Clemson is starting to get old hat too.
    This is what makes the NCAA basketball tourney great, every year it seems there's an upstart out of the blue Cinderella team making a deep run, you don't get that in foots, in football you get Clemson, and Alabama, and Ohio State year in and year out. Enough I say.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Alabama is getting in. The only chance they don't is if Georgia beats lsu in the sec title game..otherwise they r in. Not saying I like it but it is what it is.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Alabama is getting in. The only chance they don't is if Georgia beats lsu in the sec title game..otherwise they r in. Not saying I like it but it is what it is.
    right, that is the only chance in that case lsu and uga gets in along with clem and osu barring no losses

homie1975

don't be so sure. all they have left is Auburn, and if they beat them it might not look so great because they might finish 8-4 after losing to Georgia and Bama in the next month.

as another poster keenly pointed out, the only two teams to make the CFP but NOT win their conference, were:

- 2016 ohio state (but they won At Oklahoma that year)

- 2017 alabama (but they beat highly ranked Florida State in game one)

This 2019 alabama edition does not have what those two teams had: a marquee win over a highly ranked team.

Heltah Skeltah

don't be so sure. all they have left is Auburn, and if they beat them it might not look so great because they might finish 8-4 after losing to Georgia and Bama in the next month.

as another poster keenly pointed out, the only two teams to make the CFP but NOT win their conference, were:

- 2016 ohio state (but they won At Oklahoma that year)

- 2017 alabama (but they beat highly ranked Florida State in game one)

This 2019 alabama edition does not have what those two teams had: a marquee win over a highly ranked team.
    So who you think will get in over them?

homie1975

So who you think will get in over them?
    let's watch the next 4 saturdays and we will see. how about these possible scenarios for teams behind BAMA who can move ahead of them:

- Georgia runs the table and wins the SEC title game. that loss v SoCaro will be forgotten as they will have beaten Auburn and LSU in the next month

- Oregon runs the table culminating with a huge blowout win over Utah. that will catapult them if they blow out the Utes.

- Minnesota runs the table including huge upset over Ohio State in B1G title game. Unlikely but possible.

- Utah runs the table culminating with a huge blowout win over Oregon. that will catapult them if they blow out the Ducks.

- Penn state goes into Columbus and beats the mighty buckeyes then wins the B1G title. unlikely but possible.

- Oklahoma beats baylor at baylor then okie lite (ranked in top 25 CFP poll) then beats Baylor again in Big 12 title game. think they might catapult up ??

- Baylor runs the table including beating OU twice.

as you can see there are many plausible scenarios that can happen between now and the night of Dec 7th, that will have you shaking your head at the TV when the CFP committee releases their final rankings on Sunday 12/8.

Just wait.

Heltah Skeltah

let's watch the next 4 saturdays and we will see. how about these possible scenarios for teams behind BAMA who can move ahead of them:

- Georgia runs the table and wins the SEC title game. that loss v SoCaro will be forgotten as they will have beaten Auburn and LSU in the next month

- Oregon runs the table culminating with a huge blowout win over Utah. that will catapult them if they blow out the Utes.

- Minnesota runs the table including huge upset over Ohio State in B1G title game. Unlikely but possible.

- Utah runs the table culminating with a huge blowout win over Oregon. that will catapult them if they blow out the Ducks.

- Penn state goes into Columbus and beats the mighty buckeyes then wins the B1G title. unlikely but possible.

- Oklahoma beats baylor at baylor then okie lite (ranked in top 25 CFP poll) then beats Baylor again in Big 12 title game. think they might catapult up ??

as you can see there are many plausible scenarios that can happen between now and the night of Dec 7th, that will have you shaking your head at the TV when the CFP committee releases their final rankings on Sunday 12/8.

Just wait.
    Ya those things you mention about teams losing only help out Alabama..lol

homie1975

Ya those things you mention about teams losing only help out Alabama..lol
    I only showed you what can happen with the teams who ranked Under Bama in the AP and USA polls for this week.

as far as teams like Ohio State and LSU possibly losing (Clemson only loses if TLawrence gets hurt), the losses will be to very good teams and their OOC beats Bama's so they will likely get the nod over Bama.

bama's loss is a good one, but their OOC will really hurt them.

let's see what the committee thinks tonight.

jtoler

Just wait.
    uga loss shouldnt be forgotten they lost at home to a team that isnt even going to make a bowl bama lost to the #1 team in the country

Heltah Skeltah

I only showed you what can happen with the teams who ranked Under Bama in the AP and USA polls for this week.

as far as teams like Ohio State and LSU possibly losing (Clemson only loses if TLawrence gets hurt), the losses will be to very good teams and their OOC beats Bama's so they will likely get the nod over Bama.

bama's loss is a good one, but their OOC will really hurt them.

let's see what the committee thinks tonight.
    Bama is in and I hate 2 see it. That lose will not hurt them enough unfortunately. They other teams still in the mix will have another lose as they play each other either in championship games or face off in regular season. If Georgia does beat lsu in the sec final then I could see bama getting left out as Georgia and lsu then should both be in

Heltah Skeltah

Remember it is about tv and ratings. This system we have will make sure they get in the biggest ratings for the networks..

Alright Alright
    Alright Alright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Auburn Tigers don't control their own destiny but they will determine the Georgia Bulldogs and Alabama Crimson Tide's future.

homie1975

Remember it is about tv and ratings. This system we have will make sure they get in the biggest ratings for the networks..
    Not true. Washington got in back in 2017 even though it was obvious they would garner poor ratings vs alabama.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    uga loss shouldnt be forgotten they lost at home to a team that isnt even going to make a bowl bama lost to the #1 team in the country
    But Georgia scheduled and beat Notre Dame. Alabama scheduled New Mexico St.

homie1975

Right but if they run the table they have wins over:

ND
    florida
    Auburn
    LSU

If they win the sec title vs 12-0 LSU in a close game, look for them and LSU to both get in.

U cant just look at losses. U have to look at wins also. Bama has a weak resume'

homie1975

Boom. Georgia at 4. Bama at 5. I told u that Georgia loss to socaro is outweighed by wins over ND and florida.

Alright Alright
    Alright Alright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Auburn has a lot to say about the College Football Playoffs! They both come to Jordan-Hare Stadium too! (Georgia & Alabama)

stevenash

I have to disagree here.
    Any sports fan albeit casual or rabid will tune in to a National Championship game.
    Most really wouldn't mind if Oregon or Oklahoma were in it.
    World Series, Super Bowls, America tunes in to those events.

I don't have time to follow the NHL so I can't consider myself a pro hockey fan but know this come Stanley Cup Finals time I'm in front of the big screen even though I can probably name three first line starters at most from each team.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Alright Alright View Post
    Auburn has a lot to say about the College Football Playoffs! They both come to Jordan-Hare Stadium too! (Georgia & Alabama)
    True. Bo nix has better be ready. I watched his dad patrick play many times in the early to mid 90s under terry Bowden.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Bama lost to number 1...lets not make this losing to number 20 ranked

jtoler

Right but if they run the table they have wins over:

ND
    florida
    Auburn
    LSU

If they win the sec title vs 12-0 LSU in a close game, look for them and LSU to both get in.

U cant just look at losses. U have to look at wins also. Bama has a weak resume'
    I get that and Im not disagreeing but u cant dismiss that loss either it turns out to be a very bad loss being at home and team not going to a bowl unless they beat texas a&m, which I doubt, since some 5 win teams go to bowls, beating nd not so great a win anymore but everybody's schedule pretty much better than bama's. Im going off of the past and what Ive seen not what should happen. saban and bama pull a lot of weight theyve gotten the nod before when they shouldnt have. cant believe people still talk about auburn they are and have been overrated to me because of their qb lsu I guess didnt play that great of a game against them

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

they are back in

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    But Georgia scheduled and beat Notre Dame. Alabama scheduled New Mexico St.
    hypothetically speaking had bama beaten lsu but lost to auburn in their final regular season game would u have them in or out?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

hypothetically speaking had bama beaten lsu but lost to auburn in their final regular season game would u have them in or out?
    They still would have to beat Georgia or Florida in the SEC championship to get in. If they lose then LSU would finish ahead of them with 1 loss.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Bama lost to number 1...lets not make this losing to number 20 ranked
    and has the weakest OOC schedule in the top 8 or 9 teams. that should hurt them, if the committee sticks by the criteria set forth.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i hope one of your kids wrote that because it is busch league
    If he has kids they prob bigger more retarded bitches than him.

jtoler

They still would have to beat Georgia or Florida in the SEC championship to get in. If they lose then LSU would finish ahead of them with 1 loss.
    what happened in 2017 an undefeated bama loses to au in final reg. season game, au loses to uga in sec championship, bama gets playoff entry and wins the whole shebang

2daBank

Can somebody list how the top 8 looks this week? I missed it.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Can somebody list how the top 8 looks this week? I missed it.
    College Football Playoff Rankings

RK TEAM REC
    TREND
    LAST WEEK NEXT WEEK
    LSU
    9-0

@ #3AlabamaW46-41 @Ole Miss
    Ohio State
    9-0

vsMarylandW73-14 @Rutgers
    Clemson
    10-0

@NC StateW55-10 vsWake Forest
    Georgia
    8-1

vsMissouriW27-0 @ #12Auburn
    Alabama
    8-1

vs #2LSUL46-41 @Mississippi State
    Oregon
    8-1

- vsArizona
    Utah
    8-1

- vsUCLA
    Minnesota
    9-0

vs #4Penn StateW31-26 @ #20Iowa

2daBank

Thanks J..

I suppose that looks good right now for bama but if ducks and utes get to pac-12 championship game I think the winner jumps them.

2daBank

Quite a rise for minny. Let’s make the huge assumption the gophers remain undefeated into the big-10 championship and somehow edge out osu in a close game would there not be a case for 2 big 10 teams? Obviously gophers would be in, would osu deserve to be out?? Their resume would still be way better than bama and they the kind of name brand that the committee wouldn’t care if it was them or bama.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

They are out now officially with Tua out for year.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

They are out now officially with Tua out for year.

officially out?

what if they win out?

First 12345 Last