slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

St Louis Cardinals

How do they rebuild next season this is clearly a devastating loss this series and the cardinals are a proud ball club that play there own brand of baseball.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

unexpected blowout

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pitching wins

period

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Do not sign Ozuna and his .240 average with almost 200 strikeouts a year. Try to trade or give away Carpenter and/or Fowler if any teams are dumb enough to take them. Pursue Mookie Betts if he really is going to be traded. Continue to develop pitching the way they have and choose a closer besides Marinez.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pitching wins

period
    Umm they lost cause they don’t have hitting, not cause their pitching. It like you don’t watch or understand the games.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards overachieved to get here, if they were in a different division they would have been lucky to be wildcard. They have some good young pitchers though, they need another bat.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pitching wins

Harper
    Trout

Losers year after year

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Do not sign Ozuna and his .240 average with almost 200 strikeouts a year. Try to trade or give away Carpenter and/or Fowler if any teams are dumb enough to take them. Pursue Mookie Betts if he really is going to be traded. Continue to develop pitching the way they have and choose a closer besides Marinez.
    Carp extension and Fowler contract both awful, there no getting out of those.

Hate to say it but they kinda fukked. They have pitching but the lineup gonna be very similar, no Ozuna but they gonna count on bader and or O’Neal. Bader can’t hit a beach ball and O’Neal swings at everything.

They just gonna hope that goldy reverts back to the guy he was the 5 years before he came here and turned into a pumpkin (like so many guys we bring in do!!). Hope that Dejung continues to improve, he started the season amazing but really fell off in second half. Hoping his career continues on similar trajectory as Story’s. Hope that Wong continues getting better at plate which I think a reasonable expectation. I just don’t see them making many improvements to lineup with those horrible contracts they glued to.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pitching wins

Harper
    Trout

Losers year after year
    Wtf does that have to do with cards? Pitching aint why they lost. Their offense why they lost. You have to score runs to win!!’

Harper a loser. Trout has never had any help. It takes a team. You can’t win without hitting or pitching!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Cards overachieved to get here, if they were in a different division they would have been lucky to be wildcard. They have some good young pitchers though, they need another bat.
    No they didn’t. The achieved exactly where they were projected.

jolyolyolyman
    jolyolyolyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2144

Watched em all year, I don’t think they overachieved. Imagine if they could hit or in some occasions, just make contact. Far too many of these streaks where nobody can hit or plate a run during the season. Prolly not a surprise to Cards fans that the lack of hitting reared its ugly head again in the NLCS against an above average pithing staff. Man Fowler’s performance was cringeworthy that series. It would prolly benefit to have a manager that would be quicker to make a change rather than “stick with his guys.”

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Stanton gonna look great in that cards uni.....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jolyolyolyman View Post
    Watched em all year, I don’t think they overachieved. Imagine if they could hit or in some occasions, just make contact. Far too many of these streaks where nobody can hit or plate a run during the season. Prolly not a surprise to Cards fans that the lack of hitting reared its ugly head again in the NLCS against an above average pithing staff. Man Fowler’s performance was cringeworthy that series. It would prolly benefit to have a manager that would be quicker to make a change rather than “stick with his guys.”
    Spot on. Dunno how many threads throughout year I was going nuts about lack of offense. Dunno where they finished but there were several months they were sandwiched between tigers and marlins in wroc+, not a good place to be!! Lol

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Stanton gonna look great in that cards uni.....
    Huh? We won’t pay it and he already axed the idea, it why we ended up w Ozuna.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

were they still celebrating after pummeling braves or did 5 game series and quick turnaround and nats having rest play a big part

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

If they called Minny they could get Sano.

Fading STL next year thou

Wainwright and Milos Apostolatous or whatever ain't causing this team to 90+ again

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

pitching wins

there hitters are too mechanical

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Huh? We won’t pay it and he already axed the idea, it why we ended up w Ozuna.
    We'll eat some of it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    If they called Minny they could get Sano.

Fading STL next year thou

Wainwright and Milos Apostolatous or whatever ain't causing this team to 90+ again
    Jack and Hudson will be leading the way, maybe Reyes? Lol. Kid never gonna be healthy. Carlos will most likely rejoin rotation. Pitching will be a strength as always.. we would love Sano!!

Speaking of fades. Vikings are a easy fade this week!!

thomorino

No they didn’t. The achieved exactly where they were projected.
    They never had the second best record in the national league, to finish second in the national league they has to overachieve, their roster isn't as good as Atlanta or the dodgers.

2daBank

They never had the second best record in the national league, to finish second in the national league they has to overachieve, their roster isn't as good as Atlanta or the dodgers.
    Braves pitching staff not good. Dodgers are losers.

thomorino

Braves pitching staff not good. Dodgers are losers.
    All those teams have their issues for sure, why they got eliminated, but altanta and dodgers season win total for next year will rightly be higher than cards unless cards upgrade the offense presumably ng team return the same core.

2daBank

All those teams have their issues for sure, why they got eliminated, but altanta and dodgers season win total for next year will rightly be higher than cards unless cards upgrade the offense presumably ng team return the same core.
    Cards win total should be way lower unless they do something bout those loser contracts Carp and Fowler got and I dunno how they can? God it killed me that Carp extension beginning of year, wtf were they thinking???

As much as Ozuna annoys me losing him just gonna make lineup even worse assuming they planning on replacing him w bader or O’Neal. Both who have huge holes in their swings.

thomorino

Cards win total should be way lower unless they do something bout those loser contracts Carp and Fowler got and I dunno how they can? God it killed me that Carp extension beginning of year, wtf were they thinking???

As much as Ozuna annoys me losing him just gonna make lineup even worse assuming they planning on replacing him w bader or O’Neal. Both who have huge holes in their swings.
    Yeah I can't think of anyone more hurt by the shift than carpenter.

2daBank

Yeah I can't think of anyone more hurt by the shift than carpenter.
    No shit., he declining besides that too.

Stubborn fukk too proud to bunt against it. They shoulda led him off again and told him to bunt every time until they stopped!! I recall one game months ago he actually did bunt and got a double out of it, then of course went right back to hitting into it shortly after!!

Sad a major leaguer can’t hit ball opposite way? They even pitch him away which should make it easy yet he rolls over on everything.