2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

It would be so Rams to bring in another loudmouth “star”. What they need some lunch box type guys that actually come to work everyday!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    You think he gonna play out his rookie deal? I wouldn’t count on that.
    Like I said, kick the can down the road until next year. The Rams have a solid track record of paying players so they can negotiate with him while he plays out his deal. Sure he wants big money, but so did Aaron Donald. It honestly doesn't matter right now. They made this move for 2019-2020.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

It would be so Rams to bring in another loudmouth “star”. What they need some lunch box type guys that actually come to work everyday!!
    Talib done, Peters is awful at this point, they had to make a move.

Joey Bosa is next

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Talib done, Peters is awful at this point, they had to make a move.

Joey Bosa is next
    They did it? They gave up 2 1st rounders? Pretty stupid if they did.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    How so?
    The Rams first round draft picks they gave up I guarantee you will not be top ten first rounders.
    They'll be mid teens or later picks, both of them. They were 13-3 last season, they had the 29th pick, they didn't even have a first rounder last draft. What did you expect LA do with those picks anyway? Love him or hate him Goff is the QB for the next decade. Gurley? Once again love him or hate him you're not going to upgrade that RB in the draft. They have three solid receivers, Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks, and Cooper Kupp. That's a solid trio of pass catchers, the Rams don't need offensive skilled position help from any near future draft.
    The Rams o-line is fine, Goff isn't getting sacked that much, he gets protection, he wouldn't be passing for 300+ yards every week if he wasn't getting any blocking. They don't need o-line help from any upcoming draft either.
    So ask yourself if you were the Rams GM where do I need help?
    Rams just lost Talib their starting cornerback for the year with rib problems. Their need is at corner.
    Talib if he returns healthy is 33 years old. You know what they call a 33 year old cornerback? Grandpa.
    10 years ago when he was paired with Ronde Barber in Tampa Bay they were all world, I'm not disrespecting Talib by any means. He was a multiple pro bowler but he's at the end of the line.

Talib was a hell of a corner 8 years ago, but he's past his prime.
    Timing is everything in life and you have this pressing need to replace your biggest need.
    At the same time you need to replace this pressing need the best lock down CB the NFL has seen since "Prime Time" is available.
    Mind you Ramsey was a top five overall first round pick just a few years ago, the way I see it is you're giving up a lesser round first round pick for a better first round pick that now has a couple of years of pro experience under his belt and now is polished, tossing in another first round pick is not all that bad after all now, is it?
    Well said. Agreed. You’re basically giving up a 1 and 4 for an all world type talent. Good trade for both teams.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

You would be surprised - the Rams evaluate talent second, character first. I signed an NDA when I met with Les, but they focus on the man before the athlete. This is why you never hear anything coming out of these dudes' mouths that's crazy. They have a nice culture.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Well said. Agreed. You’re basically giving up a 1 and 4 for an all world type talent. Good trade for both teams.
    Not really., he don’t make them much better. 2nd-3rd-4th rounders make up a whole bunch of the league. Last thing rams needed was another loud mouth who does more talking than performing.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    You would be surprised - the Rams evaluate talent second, character first. I signed an NDA when I met with Les, but they focus on the man before the athlete. This is why you never hear anything coming out of these dudes' mouths that's crazy. They have a nice culture.
    Lol. Ok. They full of guys that only perform when they feel like it.

Cuse0323

Not really., he don’t make them much better. 2nd-3rd-4th rounders make up a whole bunch of the league. Last thing rams needed was another loud mouth who does more talking than performing.
    I think you’re overreacting about his character. He had a dust up with a coach who put him on blast during a game. Stood up for his manhood. I know Marrone well and he’s a complete dick, even to his players. So it happens when you’re stuck with him. He’s not a players coach. A new scenery will be good for him. He wants to contend for a title. Rams still right in the mix to make the playoffs. Next three all games to be had against crap teams. Could end up at 6-3. Draft picks are a crap shoot. You take the proven thing to fill the number one need on your squad. Guy could be an all time great.

2daBank

I think you’re overreacting about his character. He had a dust up with a coach who put him on blast during a game. Stood up for his manhood. It happens. A new scenery will be good for him. He wants to contend for a title. Rams still right in the mix to make the playoffs. Next three all games to be had against crap teams. Could end up at 6-3. Draft picks are a crap shoot. You take the proven thing to fill the number one need on your squad.
    He was a clown way before most recent incident. Only thing he proven is he a loud mouth. Draft picks not a crap shoot for teams with capable scouting departments.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Lol. Ok. They full of guys that only perform when they feel like it.
    like who? I'm curious who you think is dogging it.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

They did it? They gave up 2 1st rounders? Pretty stupid if they did.
    yea, they traded Peters to Balty for a linebacker and then hours later trader 2 first rounders and a 4th rounder for Jalen.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    like who? I'm curious who you think is dogging it.
    Whole defense. Same thing last year. They show up for big games then give up 40 when they not motivated.

Cuse0323

He was a clown way before most recent incident. Only thing he proven is he a loud mouth. Draft picks not a crap shoot for teams with capable scouting departments.
    Like I said in my edit. Marrone is a dick. Playing for McVay will be a complete 180 for Ramsey. McVay can handle big egos. He supports his players. Marrone treats them like slaves. Guy is one of the biggest dicks in football. I would be pissed off if I was stuck with him too. Probably way more that happens behind the scenes that we don’t hear about. I doubt the Rams do this if they thought his attitude would be an issue. We’ll see I guess.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

No he's not. But the Jags found a complete desperate sucker in the Rams. Rams are going to be terrible in a couple seasons. 90% of their cap is going to be spent on 4 guys (Donald, Goff, Gurley, Ramsey). 2 of those guys don't deserve what they are getting (Goff/Gurley). Donald/Ramsey probably do, but then the rest of the roster is trash because you using up all the cap on a few players.

Rams owner probably told management to load up on star players heading into their new stadium in 2020. The Rams will be trash after 2020.

It's a great deal for the Jags. They traded a malcontent CB for 2 first round picks. It used to be, when you had a malcontent you got nothing for him when you traded him. So the Jags got an amazing deal.

Cuse0323

No doubt the Jags made out like bandits in the trade. But, both teams can win a deal. This is a fair one in my eyes. Two picks in the later half of the first round aren’t sure things. Getting a player who can be the best at his position is hard to find. Are you gonna find that in your two picks, probably not. A D with Donald in the trenches and Ramsey roaming the secondary is tough to face. Extending Gurley was the mistake that may hold them back. Need that money for other holes on the team.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

No doubt the Jags made out like bandits in the trade. But, both teams can win a deal. This is a fair one in my eyes. Two picks in the later half of the first round aren’t sure things. Getting a player who can be the best at his position is hard to find. Are you gonna find that in your two picks, probably not. A D with Donald in the trenches and Ramsey roaming the secondary is tough to face. Extending Gurley was the mistake that may hold them back. Need that money for other holes on the team.
    Making Goff the highest paid player in the NFL is what will set them back the furthest.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Making Goff the highest paid player in the NFL is what will set them back the furthest.
    He’s not worth it, but you gotta do it. It’s too hard to find a QB in the league. Anyone halfway decent at the helm gets paid. Guys like Matt Ryan, Cousins and Goff. See Flacco as well. Just the way it goes in the league. RBs are a dime a dozen. You don’t give one a big deal. You just draft another one, and let the other guy get paid by some foolish team like the Jets. See Bell and Connor with the Steelers. It’s not that difficult to run through a hole. Tons of guys can do it. Not so much at QB. Look at the Packers game. Jones shits the bed, so Williams steps in and does the job. Guy who probably doesn’t even make a million a year.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a questions n that depends on the team, for the Rams Ramsey is worth the draft picks because they are in a big market they can spend as much as they want. For small market team that aren't playoff teams they need the draft picks.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

​rams are desperate

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Yeah, the mistake was Gurley, don't get me wrong he's a nice back, but that's it just a nice RB.
    he's a B or a B- running back.
    These RB's are in the tier above him McCaffrey (bordering on if not already elite) Fournette, a healthy David Johnson, Zeke, I've seen enough of Barkley to place him in the tier above Gurley, David Cook too I've seen enough of, and Kamara. Bell belongs here once he gets his shit going again, I'll say this about Bell, his attitude since being in NY has been nothing but great. (I'm on the fence about A. Jones and I've seen enough of Ekeler to think the Chargers should keep him and jettison Gordon who came crawling back when he saw Ekeler shred NFL defenses the first month of this season.

Let me see a little bit more from Chubb and Carson.

Like I said Gurley is a nice enough RB who should drop to his knees every night and thank God for his deal.
    But don't crap on the Rams front office and scouting people, all teams make mistakes and this was just a mistake of overpaying.
    I'm a lifelong Giants fan, you want a mistake? Ron Dayne out of Wisconsin, now that was a mistake.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    ​rams are desperate
    No they are not, they filled a need and did what they had to do.
    People, he's a) not a bad kid, and b) he's the best in the game at what he does,
    You ain't going to rob Jax in a deal for the best in the world at what one does.
    I'll say it a third time, you do what you have to do, the Rams did just that, some of you people think LA got held up without a gun. Not So!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    ​rams are desperate
    desperate and dumb.. they put up 3 points in the Super Bowl and whats the first thing that comes to mind? "lets bolster the defense."

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Jags for sure got a great deal simply because I think Ramsey's mind was made up and he was just done with the org. I didn't expect them to get this much for a player when they had so little leverage outside of bidding wars

That being said, Ramsey can be a truly elite CB when he's giving full effort. It could actually end up being beneficial for both sides.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Nobody is worth that price. Absolutely amazing this is on the table. Let alone to the Rams who going backwards.
    For the most part I agree with you but you wouldn’t give up 2 1sts for Mahomes, Watson, Donald, Nelson, Mack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    As a Bucs fan who saw us give up a fortune to the Jets for CB Darrelle Revis who gave us virtually nothing while here, I'd say no, 2 first rounders is absurd
    That Tampa team was terrible. Mike Glennon was qb, they had a facility with mrsa, schiano was the coach and they primarily played zone coverage. They wasted him. Like buying wagyu beef and making a burger. Went to patriots and was shutdown man coverage player again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post

Pre injury they were like the same player but Revis was never the same after.
    Ramsey is nowhere the player Revis was. Maybe in a few years it is possible but now? A bit of a stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep_Life 42 View Post
    Rams o-line is trash
    Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    mcvay is overrated

goff is average
    McVay has to adjust his offense. New England laid the blueprint in Sb and everyone is trying to replicate it. It’s a shame he is stuck with Goff.

I think Ramsey is very talented. Any team that needs a superior man coverage guy to get them to Sb, he is one of the best. I don’t think he is worth it for the Rams though. This team has little depth and major flaws. Like plaza said Their cap is filled with dead money for goff, gurley and cooks until after 2021 and 2022. He would’ve made more sense for Seahawks, eagles, chiefs and 49ers but I guess they deemed him unworthy of 2 #1s. Indy and Houston would’ve been great fits but no shot he gets dealt in division.

Wade’s defense is a great fit for him. I’m sure he’ll miraculously heal soon. A huge upgrade over Peters.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Heard philly offered him a 1st and 2nd rounder. Good pickup by Rams. Still must play Bears Ravens Seahawks at Dallas and at Niners.

G Anon Dropout
    G Anon Dropout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7458

No he's not. But the Jags found a complete desperate sucker in the Rams. Rams are going to be terrible in a couple seasons. 90% of their cap is going to be spent on 4 guys (Donald, Goff, Gurley, Ramsey). 2 of those guys don't deserve what they are getting (Goff/Gurley). Donald/Ramsey probably do, but then the rest of the roster is trash because you using up all the cap on a few players.

Rams owner probably told management to load up on star players heading into their new stadium in 2020. The Rams will be trash after 2020.

It's a great deal for the Jags. They traded a malcontent CB for 2 first round picks. It used to be, when you had a malcontent you got nothing for him when you traded him. So the Jags got an amazing deal.
    This. Rams in win now mode. This is their last shot for years after those bad contracts and no draft picks add up. They will be playing with garbage at almost every position.

2daBank

Like I said in my edit. Marrone is a dick. Playing for McVay will be a complete 180 for Ramsey. McVay can handle big egos. He supports his players. Marrone treats them like slaves. Guy is one of the biggest dicks in football. I would be pissed off if I was stuck with him too. Probably way more that happens behind the scenes that we don’t hear about. I doubt the Rams do this if they thought his attitude would be an issue. We’ll see I guess.
    Not defending marone in any way. Dunno if he a dick but He a lousy coach. Like I said my opinion of Ramsey has nothing to do with not wanting to play for that clown, but bailing on his teammates is just more of the same for this jerkoff.

No denying his ability, can’t stand his attitude. Yea rams baby the babies, that why they have a loaded team who performs when they feel like it., not a team I think gonna win shit.

They need a younger o-line. Most had concerns about them coming into the year and think it been worse than even expected. Don’t see how they ever improve that since they have mortgaged all their picks!

Their cap gonna be a mess, after they pay Ramsey they will have 5 guys chewing up more than half the cap!! How you gonna win like that?? Especially when at least 2 of those 5 def not gonna perform up to those contracts!! Gurley obviously not gonna be worth his hit going forward and just have to assume 1 of the others won’t (minimum).,

2daBank

Dunno why you assuming those picks be “later”? Seems like they could easily be 14-15th type spot.

2daBank

When this all started a month ago I didn’t think there was any chance in hell they were gonna get 2 1st rounders, and a 4th!!! Crazy. Totally agree this a move to get stars in attempt to fill the way over budget stadium!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I think it's a questions n that depends on the team, for the Rams Ramsey is worth the draft picks because they are in a big market they can spend as much as they want. For small market team that aren't playoff teams they need the draft picks.
    Salary cap league bro. They gonna have 5 guys eating up over 50% the cap and no draft picks which equals the cheap labor you need!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Heard philly offered him a 1st and 2nd rounder. Good pickup by Rams. Still must play Bears Ravens Seahawks at Dallas and at Niners.
    I wouldn’t have trashed a team for one 1st and one 2nd. Assuming not the same draft. He was a top 5 pick but part that value is the 4-5 year rookie contract which obviously jags got most of. 1st and 2nd be “fair”. 2 1st and a 4th is hwy robbery, Philly did right thing ducking out at that price.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by G Anon Dropout View Post
    This. Rams in win now mode. This is their last shot for years after those bad contracts and no draft picks add up. They will be playing with garbage at almost every position.
    Already 4 guys chewing up 48% of cap. After Ramsey gets paid it be 5 guys chewing up well over 52% of cap! And no draft picks which is where you get your much needed cost controlled labor!!!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Philly most likely going to end up with Patrick Peterson somehow

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rams biggest issue is the offensive line, this move is interesting but it doesn't really change anything significantly this year.

First 123 Last