shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Hey, quit hating on my Rays! Most innovative team in MLB, mostly by necessity, but still...

still padding yourselves on your back for "the shift" and openers huh?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6542

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Posted in fun, but there's a reason other teams have copied a lot of the Rays' moves. Mainly because it works. In addition, who does more with less? They consistently build top notch bullpens from castoffs, picking them up cheap because they under-performed with their prior clubs. They come here and suddenly they're good? More like good coaching. Most of those same pitchers go elsewhere after a year or two and aren't nearly as effective. The Rays organization has done a great job of matching players/roles and putting them in position to succeed. Something to admire, imo.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Rays deserve a lot of credit bro, them and Oakland are consistently more competitive than lot of teams with way more resources! You put those teams in the NL this year and guarantee at least one of them be in the nlcs!!!

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Rays deserve a lot of credit bro, them and Oakland are consistently more competitive than lot of teams with way more resources! You put those teams in the NL this year and guarantee at least one of them be in the nlcs!!!
    What the rays have done is remarkable, I was just poking fun. Swords is a good guy. enjoy chopping it up with him on here from time to time.

2daBank

Hey, quit hating on my Rays! Most innovative team in MLB, mostly by necessity, but still...

I’m not hating on them. I think them or Oakland would def have made the nlcs if they were in national league (most likely wouldn’t have to played the play in game!). That said cardinals vs them I would make very close to a pick’em opposed to yanks or Stros who I think prob run cardinals over.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Cardinals gonna win it all, really wish I'd taken them back when my buddy did at 30:1. You'll pay for this Shredder!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6542

All good guys, I knew ya'll were poking just poking back Rays can usually count on their pitching and defense, it's all about the bats. Gotta somehow scratch out a few against Cole. Under no illusion, I know he's filthy

FWIW, grew up a Cards fan (no choice, Dad was a big Stan Musial fan ). Didn't hurt they trained for years at Al Lang over in St. Pete. From Lou Brock to Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, etc. Remember playing golf behind John Tudor over at Mangrove Bay thinking "I can hit that guy" . Buddy was a big Cub fan, used to hammer him pretty bad . The '80s game wouldn't recognize the game of today.

Banker I'll be rooting on the Cards if/when/should the Rays exit
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 10-10-19 at 03:58 PM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Cardinals gonna win it all, really wish I'd taken them back when my buddy did at 30:1. You'll pay for this Shredder!
    I told ya’ll at all star break. I got nats at +4200 and cards +3200. (Not gonna talk bout my plays on reds and pads, lol). Was just value hunting cause imo the NL was wide open. I think cards beat the nats but I think nats would have a better chance against either Stros or yanks.

All about matchups and outside flaherty don’t think rest of cards starters will be able to hold up vs yanks or Stros lineups. Be similar to year Red Sox got their first ship vs us, except wouldn’t be a sweep thanks to jack!! Nats on the other hand have the starting pitching to make it interesting imo, problem is the reason cards will beat them, their pen! You can’t get away with what they did in nlds in a 7 game series!! Pretty sure I’ll be going all in with my futures against either in WS. Unfortunately. Lol. It all about money tho!!

2daBank

All good guys, I knew ya'll were poking just poking back Rays can usually count on their pitching and defense, it's all about the bats. Gotta somehow scratch out a few against Cole. Under no illusion, I know he's filthy
    I played 1st 5 under and rays +1.5. I think glastnow/snell will be very tough.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

You owe me motherfu******!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    You owe me motherfu******!!!
    Why in God’s name would you take anything that homer clown says seriously?

Most pathetic thing is how he mouths off halfway thru a game but vanished like a bitch minute it went sideways!!

At least be a man and own it! You can tell by his post at 3-0 he be here throwing salt had his team won!!

Worst kind of poster. Bright side is we don’t have to read or see anymore his bs garbage threads till next year!!!

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I told ya’ll at all star break. I got nats at +4200 and cards +3200. (Not gonna talk bout my plays on reds and pads, lol). Was just value hunting cause imo the NL was wide open. I think cards beat the nats but I think nats would have a better chance against either Stros or yanks.
    Nice man! Wish I'd seen those. Hopefully Tampa wins tonight, to oust one of the top threats. Then you just have to decide how/if you want hedge in the WS.

First 12