cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by G Anon Dropout View Post
    He's a bigger name than any other defensive player the XFL will have next year.
    but people aren't going to see xfl games because of vontaze burfict

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    thought this was the barbaric stuff fans really like this stuff used to go on back in the day and its what made people nfl fans for life not saying I condone it because I dont
    NFL is changing because of insurance reasons.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24844

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    20 years ago was not even a penalty

now a suspension for life

and people wonder why no one watches the NFL anymore

I don't think the season suspension was due to JUST this hit. He had a history. Burfict had 2 prior (similar dirty hits - per NFL rules) and 1 illegal substance test (PEDS/other?) over the last 2 years. They warned him the suspensions would get worse wtih each event. I think the recent event was just a progression in hading out discipline.

Hits like this, which was completely avoidable, can wipe out another players career.
    Burfict seems to have a habit of this.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

does he still get paid? if so, this is brilliant for him. saves a whole year of wear n tear on his body.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Nfl is being run by a bunch of liberal pansies - I watched this hit live and couldnt believe he was ejected I’m in total disbelief this what “ football” has come too. I went to my high school game last week and saw 10 hits more “ violent” than this one and nit one was flagged. It’s football ( atleast it use to be) people will get hurt knocked silly and careers will be ended it’s oart of it - if you look at old nfl films and yiu can watch much worse hits than this - I long for the days when espn nfl prime time would feature “ you got jacked up” and it features big hits - the nfl stepped in and forced them to stop playing that segment. Nfl is pathetic and un watchable- — maybe we should make guys like jack lambert Ronnie Lott dick Butkus etc etc etc turn in their gold hof jackets because they were “dirty criminal thugs “when they played
    Last edited by khaden; 09-30-19 at 02:35 PM.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Get him off the field. Suspend for next season too

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Music doesn’t quite go with the video...

It’s espn though so probably a left handed transgender millennial editing it

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

He'll be back week 10.

NFLPA will win appeal on this.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    I don't think the season suspension was due to JUST this hit. He had a history. Burfict had 2 prior (similar dirty hits - per NFL rules) and 1 illegal substance test (PEDS/other?) over the last 2 years. They warned him the suspensions would get worse wtih each event. I think the recent event was just a progression in hading out discipline.

Hits like this, which was completely avoidable, can wipe out another players career.
    Burfict seems to have a habit of this.
    Bingo

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    does he still get paid? if so, this is brilliant for him. saves a whole year of wear n tear on his body.
    no he doesnt get paid

Vontaze Burfict has now been suspended four times for a total of 22 games, costing him $4,622,182 in salary and been fined nine other times totaling $411,064. Over $5M lost for unacceptable on-field actions.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

You dumb fukks think this is because of one hit, he’s been doing this shit for years now

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

menace

a person whose actions, attitudes, or ideas are considered dangerous or harmful

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

i wonder if sports illustrated is the reason all this crap started.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    men

a person whose actions, attitudes, or ideas are considered dangerous or harmful

That attitude and approach use to make you an all pro and possible HOF if you played defense esp middle linebacker now it gets banned from the nfl

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    20 years ago was not even a penalty

now a suspension for life

and people wonder why no one watches the NFL anymore
    Unfortunately everything changes....i never had to sit in a car seat...we could drink at 18....shit happens for the worst every day

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    AB worth the headache... this bum is not.
    You can't get him on the damn field, so idk about that.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Unfortunately everything changes....i never had to sit in a car seat...we could drink at 18....shit happens for the worst every day
    I still roll with roadies all the time still. Guess I'm OG like that.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

When you know there will be severe penalties for this it's called "low impulse control"

MisterSack
    MisterSack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2552

Yammies

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is this the same dude in which his daughter was diagnosed with Cancer???

Perhaps he's taking his anger out on others?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by khaden View Post
    Nfl is being run by a bunch of liberal pansies - I watched this hit live and couldnt believe he was ejected I’m in total disbelief this what “ football” has come too. I went to my high school game last week and saw 10 hits more “ violent” than this one and nit one was flagged. It’s football ( atleast it use to be) people will get hurt knocked silly and careers will be ended it’s oart of it - if you look at old nfl films and yiu can watch much worse hits than this - I long for the days when espn nfl prime time would feature “ you got jacked up” and it features big hits - the nfl stepped in and forced them to stop playing that segment. Nfl is pathetic and un watchable- — maybe we should make guys like jack lambert Ronnie Lott dick Butkus etc etc etc turn in their gold hof jackets because they were “dirty criminal thugs “when they played
    I had to turn the shitfest off last night. Constant flags, constant players faking injuries and laying on the field, endless commercial breaks, too many challenges allowed and all they do is stop the game so more commercials can be shown. Tackling the QB is no longer allowed.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Football just too soft these days.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Football just too soft these days.
    Na man, this guy cost pit a possible championship if I recall right when he knocked out Brown on a cheap shot. He claimed Brown was faking, then Brown never got cleared to play in the next playoff game (I think?)

He's head hunting. Football is a sport, it's not a game of "let's see who can hurt each other first." It's a game. It's not UFC or MMA.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Should b sus for life

He is gonna comeback next season and really flkkk someone up now

Goat Milk

Gruden should be called into question for giving this guy a chance, and not only that, allowing him to wear a Captain sign? What a disgrace. If Doyle doesn't duck his head for a split second there, we could be looking at paralyzation.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post

i wonder if sports illustrated is the reason all this crap started.
    Tough guy that Chuck Cecil.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Na man, this guy cost pit a possible championship if I recall right when he knocked out Brown on a cheap shot. He claimed Brown was faking, then Brown never got cleared to play in the next playoff game (I think?)

He's head hunting. Football is a sport, it's not a game of "let's see who can hurt each other first." It's a game. It's not UFC or MMA.
    football is supposed to be about physically dominating ppl and inflicting pain. they would be playing flag football if it wasnt.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15217

Poor Doyle was on his knees and defenseless.. just thouch him down here

Guy deserves everything he gets.. not to mention he already ruined ABs career/life

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    football is supposed to be about physically dominating ppl and inflicting pain. they would be playing flag football if it wasnt.
    Football is a game, a sport. If it was just about inflicting pain, why are their skill positions, and a football, and rules, and a field? Why not just toss everyone in the mud and say "attack, last man standing wins it for his team."

You can inflict mental and physical pain, but you don't have to try and decapitate someone or go in with the mentality like "I'm gonna end this guy's career."

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Tough guy that Chuck Cecil.
    what i see on youtube videos chuck cecil hit you but it wasn't dirty with the helmet to helmet

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

How many dirty hits/moves has he pulled in his career to deserve getting suspended?

floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

hes a thug

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    How many dirty hits/moves has he pulled in his career to deserve getting suspended?
    Anyone who watched him knows

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Anyone who watched him knows
    I am not arguing him getting suspended, I am curious how many he has. I know of 5 things that he had done before this including trying to twist Cam's foot off.

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Football is a game, a sport. If it was just about inflicting pain, why are their skill positions, and a football, and rules, and a field? Why not just toss everyone in the mud and say "attack, last man standing wins it for his team."

You can inflict mental and physical pain, but you don't have to try and decapitate someone or go in with the mentality like "I'm gonna end this guy's career."
    because its also about strategy overcoming physical superiority. its about having the courage to go for a throw or catch when you know you that there is a guy about to unload on you. there are ppl in every sport that try to end ppls careers. in baseball they throw at ppls heads for watching a homerun too long. head to head hitting, blindside blocks, touching the qb, horse collars, are all ridiculous penalties. if ppl dont want to play dangerous sports like football and boxing then they dont have to. i heard they are gonna try a pro flag football league. im sure everyone will love it since no one enjoys football for the hitting.

First 123 Last