gemtown
    gemtown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

Psychology

Between the Raiders last night, and Peru tonight (thank you Peru :-), I've did pretty well these past few days.
    But I didn't post them, because I lost on Sunday posting a pick.
    Makes me wonder about the 'psychology' of posting on these forums, as far as giving your prognosis on games, and the psychology of the players in the games themselves.
    In the Raiders game, I think getting rid of Antonio Brown boosted their moral somewhat, and they balked that no one was giving them a chance (that was my 'theory', anyway :-)
    As far as Peru, they really play hard against Brazil, wanting to beat them badly, but rarely ever do, and this was a 'Friendly' at a Neutral Site, so that was my basis.
    As far as me, I think I get to where I just don't want to post about it feeling 'discouraged' and fearing I may lose again, so that was the reason (upsets me more to be wrong about what I say than losing the money, crazy as that sounds :-)
    I guess psychology in sports in all ways has a lot to do with it sometimes.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share this.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

No doubt psychology, emotions, confidence plays a factor in sports

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gem is that you in the avatar?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

more superstition than psychology. when you post you got about a 50% chance of being wrong. if you are on the wrong side 3 times in a row, you notice much more if you posted the play.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    more superstition than psychology. when you post you got about a 50% chance of being wrong. if you are on the wrong side 3 times in a row, you notice much more if you posted the play.
    Eh not so sure King.

Revenge factor, for example ,where a team can be much more motivated, factors in psychologically.