kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Lomachenko

Great fight in the middle of college football opening saturday. kid is probably the best there is right now. hits like duran. puts together the pretty punches like sugar ray. just nobody on his level in weight class to make super fights.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave kingdom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Great fight in the middle of college football opening saturday. kid is probably the best there is right now. hits like duran. puts together the pretty punches like sugar ray. just nobody on his level in weight class to make super fights.
    Yup he's a beast and humble too.
    Points Awarded:

Baraldsson gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

one of the most skilled boxers of all time IMO
    wouldve loved to see how hed matchup with floyd if he was a bit bigger

Loma would smoke tank

very similar skillset to RJJ
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Can boxing do anything to get this guy a bigger fight or is he stuck where he is?

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Can boxing do anything to get this guy a bigger fight or is he stuck where he is?
    He'll unify the division next you would assume. But it's not like Ukrainian lightweights are headlining events anywhere at this stage of his pro career no offense to him. Maybe step up to welterweight to get some name/money fights after that maybe.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    He'll unify the division next you would assume. But it's not like Ukrainian lightweights are headlining events anywhere at this stage of his pro career no offense to him. Maybe step up to welterweight to get some name/money fights after that maybe.
    yeah. only choice is to move up because after he clears out lightweight division, nothing left there.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Its all up to Arum. Arum knows what he has which is a cash cow and he’s not willing to risk that. I expect him to continue figgt b/c level fighters and remain undefeated for a long time, but I doubt we see him fight a top level opponent for a long time. Thats what Arum does

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Its all up to Arum. Arum knows what he has which is a cash cow and he’s not willing to risk that. I expect him to continue figgt b/c level fighters and remain undefeated for a long time, but I doubt we see him fight a top level opponent for a long time. Thats what Arum does
    Arum has to be 102 years old. wonder how many years he has left in the game. haven't even seen don king in years. did they finally squeeze him out? i guess oscar is the new blood in the game. boxing is trying to make a comeback by scheduling big fights. they realize in the ufc the best fight each other and that's the model they want to follow. just usually still takes them years to set a big fight.

Problem is the idea that you have to be undefeated to be good. it makes for trash undercards and people only watching main event. you often get great fights in ufc prelims. boxing has to offer more to get more fans. a main event double header would be awesome.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave kingdom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Arum has to be 102 years old. wonder how many years he has left in the game. haven't even seen don king in years. did they finally squeeze him out? i guess oscar is the new blood in the game. boxing is trying to make a comeback by scheduling big fights. they realize in the ufc the best fight each other and that's the model they want to follow. just usually still takes them years to set a big fight.

Problem is the idea that you have to be undefeated to be good. it makes for trash undercards and people only watching main event. you often get great fights in ufc prelims. boxing has to offer more to get more fans. a main event double header would be awesome.
    I think you are making a lot of good points here.