CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Anyone else like Liberty vs Syracuse this week?

Hugh Freeze is an ATS machine and they are getting it looks like 18.5 vs Syracuse who honestly doesn't impress me.

Thoughts?

mike tyson35
    mike tyson35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Syracuse 51, Liberty 17

The Orange should be able to push around the Flames from the get-go and have Tommy DeVito seated on the sideline by the end of the third quarter. Don’t expect any new wrinkles from Dino Babers and Mike Lynch yet. But barring a slow start, this game should provide the staff with an opportunity to assess contested position groups, including the offensive line.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by mike tyson35 View Post
    Syracuse 51, Liberty 17

The Orange should be able to push around the Flames from the get-go and have Tommy DeVito seated on the sideline by the end of the third quarter. Don’t expect any new wrinkles from Dino Babers and Mike Lynch yet. But barring a slow start, this game should provide the staff with an opportunity to assess contested position groups, including the offensive line.
    Hard to see Cuse scoring more than 40 but GL

Fingernail
    Fingernail's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Can’t get that commercial tag line outta my head; LIBERTY, LIBERTY, LIBERTY 🗽

pbr713
    pbr713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by Fingernail View Post
    Can’t get that commercial tag line outta my head; LIBERTY, LIBERTY, LIBERTY 
    Thanks... now its in my head as well

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

pass from me

maybe he needs to get his recruits in there first

cant be sure

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

my initial inclination is this spread is completely wrong....... but the opposite way to OP.

i think syracuse is top 25. all kinds of returning talent. of course, dungey, their stud QB, is gone........ and i have low opinion of liberty, although admittedly i haven't scouted them for this season

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

Liberty's starting Sr QB Stephen "Buckshot" Calvert is at best avg. 21TDs/18INTs last year.

When playing real competition, i.e. Auburn, Virginia and North Texas, he had 1 TD and 6 INTs. He threw no TDs against Auburn or Virginia. Liberty ran for 200+ yards against Virginia, but Virginia won 45-24.

Hugh Freeze came out of Arkansas St and had a small run at Ole Miss before "resigning" aka fired for personal conduct issues. He's not that great of a coach.

Syracuse put up these scoring amounts in games last yr:
    55, 62, 30 (FSU), 51, 23 (Clemson), 37, 40, 51 (NC St), 41, 54 (Louisville), 3 and 42 (BC). That was with Eric Dungey, who graduated, so they have a new QB in Tommy DeVito, which is the only thing which gives me pause.

I like Cuse -10 1st Half and -19 for the Game.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    my initial inclination is this spread is completely wrong....... but the opposite way to OP.

i think syracuse is top 25. all kinds of returning talent. of course, dungey, their stud QB, is gone........ and i have low opinion of liberty, although admittedly i haven't scouted them for this season
    Cuse QB is garbage. So inconsistent.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by wacked View Post
    Liberty's starting Sr QB Stephen "Buckshot" Calvert is at best avg. 21TDs/18INTs last year.

When playing real competition, i.e. Auburn, Virginia and North Texas, he had 1 TD and 6 INTs. He threw no TDs against Auburn or Virginia. Liberty ran for 200+ yards against Virginia, but Virginia won 45-24.

Hugh Freeze came out of Arkansas St and had a small run at Ole Miss before "resigning" aka fired for personal conduct issues. He's not that great of a coach.

Syracuse put up these scoring amounts in games last yr:
    55, 62, 30 (FSU), 51, 23 (Clemson), 37, 40, 51 (NC St), 41, 54 (Louisville), 3 and 42 (BC). That was with Eric Dungey, who graduated, so they have a new QB in Tommy DeVito, which is the only thing which gives me pause.

I like Cuse -10 1st Half and -19 for the Game.
    Look at the returning production for Cuse. Also Hugh Freeze has done well elevating programs.

Fingernail
    Fingernail's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Quote Originally Posted by pbr713 View Post
    Thanks... now its in my head as well
    Still?

CanuckG

Lets go

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tennis tonight

Squares betting football

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Jfc why this game so ugly?

wacked
    wacked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 547

New Cuse QB is garbage... Hope he wakes up...