hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

MLB Sunday Night - Phillies at Giants

SAN FRANCISCO +110 ML

After a bad, winless day for me, what I'm seeing in this game is a Phillies team which is just not playing good baseball, as a thin road favorite in San Francisco for the series finale. Both teams have been in a bit of a recent funk, however Phillies have committed at least one fielding error in EVERY game during the month of August (they were errorless on July 31). Although with Jake Arrieta starting it seems that Philadelphia has the pitching advantage against a relatively unknown lefty starter Conner Menez for the Giants, both teams need the win, and I trust Bruce Bochy leading the Giants at home in the primetime game.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

BOL Crosser!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pounding Phils

Good write up

hotcross

ok Mr. Gold, I will include the more esoteric portions of the write-up:

Philadelphia: A city of ancient Lydia in Asia Minor on the Cogamus River, 105 miles from Smyrna. It stood upon a terrace 650 ft. above the sea. Behind it are volcanic cliffs. It suffered frequently from earthquakes (so has San Francisco).

The name Philadelphia is often cited to be "City Of Brotherly Love", but the word for "city" is neither part of the name nor implied by it. The name Philadelphia means Place Of Brotherly Love.

The first part of the name comes from the familiar adjective φιλος (philos), meaning friend or beloved

The second part of Philadelphia comes from the noun αδελφος (adelphos), meaning brother

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Great call Crosser. Great work!

FINAL

Phillies 6

Giants 9

hotcross

funnyb thanks

what a rush

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

That was a wild game right from the get go!