JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Copa America 2019

Small tournament but I love watching South American World Cup qualifiers, very competitive. Copa Americas are similar but it's a tournament so anything can happen. South American matches are usually very unpredictable and testy, should be fun.

I like to watch the first round of games before I have any strong opinion of teams and bets going forward. But I like to sift through odds and general information before the tournament. Just shooting the shit, here.

Group A
    Brazil: Odds to win group 1.16 @ B365
    Pressure's on and drama's already happening. As great as Neymar is, I think he brings baggage. The team might be better off without his diva attitude. Tite has brought back a bit of accountability and is a different kind of coach than Dunga. I think with so much star power, he has to worry about managing egos moreson than tactics but he's good at that, too. I really don't like Brazil these days due to the testy matches they've had with (homer) Colombia - I'm biased - But I think Brazil gets through the group.

Venezuela: Odds to win group 15.00 @ B365
    Might be square but this is a darkhorse of mine. With all of the political turmoil going on, I think they come out with nothing to lose and something to prove. They have experience in midfielder Captain Rincon. Forward Rondon's scoring at Newcastle. I watch a lot of Colombian league football and GK Wuilker Farniez did well for Millionarios this season.

Peru: odds to win 7.00
    I thought they'd do better at the last world cup. Cueva should be ready to put that shirt on again in a big tournament to make up for his dreaded missed penalty.
    I think Peru and Venezuela should battle it out for second place.

Bolivia...not that playing in foreign leagues means anything but I think only 2 or 3 players do. And Bolivian football is very defensive minded. I think they'll play for pride.

Winnners: Selecao and Vinotinto(venezuela)
    Last edited by JayLA; 06-06-19 at 10:43 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Unpredictable tournament

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

BEST OF LUCK JayLA!
    Points Awarded:

JayLA gave HurryUpAndDrink 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Group B:

Argentina: 1.72 to win group
    What to say. Might be a broad stroke here but the individual players are amazing dispite being very unmotivated as a team. This might have driven public perception to these odds. My hate for Brazil, and going against the public perception that Argentina chokes again makes me wonder if they win the whole thang.

Colombia: 2.50 wins group
    The homer in me looks at this line and says POUND THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF IT. Colombia's David Ospina is old but wears the shirt with pride and is a solid keeper. We have DBs with experience in lots of forgein leagues in Arias outside, Sanchez and Zapata inside. Yerry Mina did great last tournament but hasnt been in great form. His length is great for set pieces. Cuadrado gets double teams everytime he gets the ball but I think the Rodriguez - Cuadrado connection is capable of more suprises. Who's scoring, though? This is Tigre Falcao's last tournament, expect some nice shots. Watch out for Duvan Zapata, doing well in Atalanta. Testy Aldredo Morelos has had a nose for the net in Glasgow.

I need to look into Paraguay and Qatar a bit more. The Asian cup Champs are led by a strong coach in Feliz Sanchez. He has a 56.25 win percentage from 3 July 2017. I need to look more into this Qatar team. I know they have a pair of good forwards but I think the speed and dribbling of the South American teams will be a bit much for those leg heavy backs.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

have u seen the bolivian league which is mostly bolivians would call that anything but defensive

JayLA
    On to the next one...

To be honest, aside from a few bets I haven't seen much of the bolivian league. I was referring to what I've seen from the bolivian national team, they don't score and hold on for dear life.
    I've seen the top bolivian teams play in copa libertadores and they're also very poor offensively.
    You're right though, lots of goals in Primera Division.

Who knows with these tournaments, really. National league and club play doesn't correlate to tournament play- this is just for fun

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    To be honest, aside from a few bets I haven't seen much of the bolivian league. I was referring to what I've seen from the bolivian national team, they don't score and hold on for dear life.
    I've seen the top bolivian teams play in copa libertadores and they're also very poor offensively.
    You're right though, lots of goals in Primera Division.

Who knows with these tournaments, really. National league and club play doesn't correlate to tournament play- this is just for fun
    that's because the talent level in bolivia is garbage compared to the other south american countries, that's all they can do is hold on for dear life

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Nice write ups Jay

Love watching Copa America

Vamos Colombia

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pass

guys never learn with soccer it is why such high limits

tiffo
    tiffo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I might throw some money at Colombia ML vs Argentina

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Its on espn+ so get those fake emails ready if you dont want to pay

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Group C:

Uruguay: Odds to win 2.00
    Always a force to be reckoned with, they're very hard nosed and proud. Suarez, Godin, and Cavani are getting old but they seem to always play hard when the Copa comes around. They have some young players developing nice. I think I read Suarez won't be ready to go for the first round so maybe Stuani replaces him. Stuani scored about 21 goals for Girona for fifth place goalscorer in La Liga.
    Galatasaray's Muslera was ranked 6th best in 2011 and has cost me a lot of money with his brilliant saves. Uruguay has always played from the backs forward and Athletico Madrid's Godin and Gimene are as good as any backs. Uruguayan midfield play is suberb with Inter Milan's Vecino, Juve's Bentacur, and Arsenal's Torreira. It's such a strong team. It's easy to see why they're the favorites to get through the group. I might even play small to win the Copa.

Chile: odds to win 2.50
    The defending champs come in to this Copa in poor form. They've only won 4 of 11 international friendlies since Rueda became coach and in 2019 lost to Mexico 3-1 and tied with USA 1-1. I don't like Colombian Rueda as a coach. I didn't like what he did with Honduras. Chile lacks creativity against tight back lines. I think Rueda is very boring and plain as a tactician. His teams like Nacional in 2016 had a more press style but Chile's very vanilla. In their favor, they have a strong back line with Maripan from Alaves. Sanchez of course is a good forward but I think the midfield can use some creativity and keep more possesion.

Ecuador: odds to win 7.00
    This is another dark horse I think. They are low key good. I like Bolillo, another Colombian, (vamos! ) as a coach. He's taken three different countries to world cups. His teams are very creative. He likes to use my favorite formation 4-2-3-1. Ecuador has a bright forward in Enner Valencia, who did very well in Liga MX. The rest of the team, I believe, will be most of the U20 squad that actually won the U20 South American championship. I expect this squad to be a doggy that will bark.

Japan: 17.00
    Don't know much about this team as Japan sent their B squad. Maybe someone can help me out.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

My book in Colombia has "top 2" lines out for each group. I'll be diving into those next.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    Nice write ups Jay

Love watching Copa America

Vamos Colombia

Vamos!!! Thanks Franz, looking forward to your insight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pass

guys never learn with soccer it is why such high limits
    I like betting soccer. I get my ass handed to me in NBA much more, coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffo View Post
    I might throw some money at Colombia ML vs Argentina
    I'm eyeing the over in that game. First rounds are usually defensive while everyone gets a feel for each other but I think Colombia's new coach hasn't had enough time to get things in order. Quiroz was hired in February and they couldn't score on Panama in the second half.

Cheers though, hopefully Colombia comes through for you.

jjgold

Jay give us some more winners I’m not looking this stuff up

franz555

Pre Copa Friendly today , Colombia @ Peru. Love the Over 2 @ 2.00

jjgold

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jay give us some more winners I’m not looking this stuff up
    I was waiting to check out the pre copa friendly preparation matches coach.

I'm not anyone to tail, regardless.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    Pre Copa Friendly today , Colombia @ Peru. Love the Over 2 @ 2.00

I think the low line here is cause both coaches don't want to show anything tactical. Games between these two usually end in draws. I think it was 0-0, 2-0 and 1-1 last three times. But like with most sports, I'm of the opinion that past results should not be seen in a vacuum. Teams and tactics change, especially in association football. I think the line here reflects past performance because the books are in the dark as we are.
    Peru has that tough hard-nosed aura about them, but Colombia is looking for forwards to pair with falcao up front. Should see some scoring chances. I think I'll throw something on that over. At worst we push. Colombia has been trying to get creative with Arias as a wing back role.

Over 2 @ 1.97 let's get it, Franz

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Going small here cause they're friendlies but they hold a bit of weight as they're the last matches before the Copa.

Venezuela +.5 @ 1.77

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This the second most bet tournament in the Wesdtern Hemisphere after the World Cup. Easy money to be made if you know the teams.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This the second most bet tournament in the Wesdtern Hemisphere after the World Cup. Easy money to be made if you know the teams.
    Im a recreational square who gets lucky. Not doing anyone any favors by posting my picks unless its for fading.

I just love these tournaments and wanted to make a thread to discuss it
    Points Awarded:

Duckshit gave JayLA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Duckshit gave JayLA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Duckshit
    Duckshit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Me toooooo.....

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Not Copa but
    Switz/England over 1.5 LIVE @ 2.20

(my units are $50)

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckshit View Post
    Me toooooo.....
    Don't believe it Duckles, I've tailed some nice kickball winners of yours over the years

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Im a recreational square who gets lucky. Not doing anyone any favors by posting my picks unless its for fading.

I just love these tournaments and wanted to make a thread to discuss it
    Great work Jay!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Venezuela is one of the weaker teams in Copa America and they are beating the US 3-0 very easily. US team is going to disappoint in the Gold Cup.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Should have just taken the ML , didn't think the US would be this bad.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Despite 1H goal, pace not looking good for over 2. Getting testy though, I love it.

Going with my other dark horse tonight. I don't think Mexico will bring much.

Ecuador +.05 2.00

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Arias aaaallll the way up there just need one more

franz555

I think the low line here is cause both coaches don't want to show anything tactical. Games between these two usually end in draws. I think it was 0-0, 2-0 and 1-1 last three times. But like with most sports, I'm of the opinion that past results should not be seen in a vacuum. Teams and tactics change, especially in association football. I think the line here reflects past performance because the books are in the dark as we are.
    Peru has that tough hard-nosed aura about them, but Colombia is looking for forwards to pair with falcao up front. Should see some scoring chances. I think I'll throw something on that over. At worst we push. Colombia has been trying to get creative with Arias as a wing back role.

Over 2 @ 1.97 let's get it, Franz
    Perfecto

3 - 0 Colombia

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Would have been 4-0 if arias hits it a pole's length right

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Nice job brotha

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Nice job brotha
    Thanks bro!

México not bringing A squad.
    Not one to count my chips before showdown or give too much value to a post bet line move but Ecuador+0.5 is @ 1.88 at my book. Nice lil. 12 cent move

1234 ... Last