1. Kawhi Leonard
    2. Nikola Jokic
    3. Jamal Murray

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Lol no lillard or Durant come on man
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave pilebuck13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

James Randall
    James Randall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Obviously Kevin Durant
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by pileb13 View Post
    Lol no lillard or Durant come on man
    Lillard yes.
    Durant no because he plays on an all Star team

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Lillard hell no. Just got outplayed by young cuthroat 22 years old at home.

KD not impressive cuz all his big games = losses

I am impressed by WINNING

sosawestbrook

Jamal Murray aka young cuthroat is outplaying the hell out of lil ol Dame this series.

Btw, is there a play EVER where Dame Lillard doesn’t flop or make a noise? I’ll sip my tea though

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Leonard. Everyone else playing for second place to him

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Leonard. Everyone else playing for second place to him
    You might want to check with Brett Brown. He doesn't agree. You might have to wait for him to answer. He is busy Changing Mr embiid diapers.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Embiid's gotta be considered, no?

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Embiid's gotta be considered, no?
    Need more

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Murray's defense has been horrific. I don't think you can put him up there for that reason.

Gary Harris doing a good job on Lillard this series.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

according to iguodala , this guy:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: James Randall, and Sledge187

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lillard yes.
    Durant no because he plays on an all Star team
    playin heads and shoulders above those other limp wristed "all stars"

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Everyone keeps saying KD because the media narrative is that he is outplaying Harden in this series.

Series Stats - Games 1-3
    KD - 110 Points - 78 Shots - 13 Rebounds - 13 Assists
    Harden - 105 Points - 79 Shots - 19 Rebounds - 16 Assists

Those 5 points make a huge difference....I guess. What would Harden's stats be if he had 3 other all-stars to take pressure off of him?

sosawestbrook

Yes indeed I am a little bit cinco de turnt up & am Jamal Murray fanatic. Might be in my feelings here

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Everyone keeps saying KD because the media narrative is that he is outplaying Harden in this series.

Series Stats - Games 1-3

Those 5 points make a huge difference....I guess. What would Harden's stats be if he had 3 other all-stars to take pressure off of him?
    Excellent deep dive analysis work by sledge187

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post

Series Stats - Games 1-3

true. but its the eye test with kd. its like watching dwade against the mavs the first time. and jordan against the knicks. you just see them make shot after shot and can't be guarded by anyone. now this kawhi is on another level too. alot of jordan in his game and plays both ends as well. if he would maintain consistency he could be on a lebron/kobe/jordan level. he has shown a lot more aggression outside of pops system.

asiagambler

To be fair to Durant, some of those other All Stars aren't really performing too well. Curry has been horrible. Thompson's been pedestrian. Green and Iguodala have been good but more for their defense and other things that don't always show up on the scoresheet.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    To be fair to Durant, some of those other All Stars aren't really performing too well. Curry has been horrible. Thompson's been pedestrian. Green and Iguodala have been good but more for their defense and other things that don't always show up on the scoresheet.
    carrying em like luggage. but to be fair to them, kd has them playing out of their usual system as he is playing more one on one than previous seasons. he looks determined to take the torch if this is his last season there. steph doesn't have the ego where he wants all the shots. but in houston van gundy is right. when cp has the ball, harden hides out at half court. and when harden has the ball cp just sits in the corner. dantoni has to be more assertive and not allow his best players to play individually.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    carrying em like luggage. but to be fair to them, kd has them playing out of their usual system as he is playing more one on one than previous seasons. he looks determined to take the torch if this is his last season there. steph doesn't have the ego where he wants all the shots. but in houston van gundy is right. when cp has the ball, harden hides out at half court. and when harden has the ball cp just sits in the corner. dantoni has to be more assertive and not allow his best players to play individually.
    You got it backwards cat daddy. Golden State built their team on sharing the ball. If KD is playing 1on1 each time, they are out of their element. On the other hand, Houston was built to have either Harden or CP handle the ball each possession. This is their game

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Houston's offense could be much better if the point guard had the ball as much as the 2 guard. Harden is not a point guard. Everyone would get better shots if the Rockets would stop running the 1-4 offense.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Houston's offense could be much better if the point guard had the ball as much as the 2 guard. Harden is not a point guard. Everyone would get better shots if the Rockets would stop running the 1-4 offense.
    Label terms mean nothing. Harden is an elite level playmaker. Call him whatever position you want. But if u mean they need to get it to CP more then yeah I agree. Unless Harden has the hot hand then get out of the way

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    You got it backwards cat daddy. Golden State built their team on sharing the ball. If KD is playing 1on1 each time, they are out of their element. On the other hand, Houston was built to have either Harden or CP handle the ball each possession. This is their game
    they are out of their element when kd takes over the offense as opposed to being part of their typical stuff. and true houston is built that way, but imagine how much better they can be if they play 5 on 5 offensively. james hits some crazy shots to make it work but cp is mr. efficiency. if harden can be part of the plays when cp has the ball, they are a stronger team.

asiagambler

Exactly right. Kerr is either fine with it or doesn't care at this point which can be an indictment on his coaching unless they win a title- still likely because of their overall talent.

But I think a big reason for Curry's disappointing postseason is because there's tension in the locker room against Durant who's probably leaving at the end of the season. Basically feels like Durant came here to pad his legacy, pick up finals MVPs and then bolt to another team and that can't be sitting too well with everyone.

Looks like Green and Iguodala have moved beyond it as they're playing fantastic but Curry and Thompson don't seem quite as engaged. I still go back to Livingston's mysterious comment last year where he indirectly talked about Durant along those lines you referred to. Lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we're not aware of.
    Points Awarded:

sosawestbrook gave asiagambler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sosawestbrook

they are out of their element when kd takes over the offense as opposed to being part of their typical stuff. and true houston is built that way, but imagine how much better they can be if they play 5 on 5 offensively. james hits some crazy shots to make it work but cp is mr. efficiency. if harden can be part of the plays when cp has the ball, they are a stronger team.
    No bro this is impossible think about it. If Harden or CP have the ball there is only 2 options: 1) three point shot off iso 2) drive to the lane which either leads to a layup/floater, a lob/drop off to the big man(Capela) or kick out to a three point shooter(Green, Gordon, Tuck, etc)

This is their offense though. The reason this works(or used to work) for a team like Golden State is because you got guys(Steph & Klay) coming off screens ready to go. This is why State offense is so brilliant(or used to be brilliant)

Rockets cannot run this type of offense because they lack the personale. This is why starpower is everything in NBA & why coaching has little to no influence. The players ARE the offense

sosawestbrook

I am cinco de turnt up boys. Quite a few Dos Equis in my vessel. I hope I make sense

The morning shall be of much intrigue

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    No bro this is impossible think about it. If Harden or CP have the ball there is only 2 options: 1) three point shot off iso 2) drive to the lane which either leads to a layup/floater, a lob/drop off to the big man(Capela) or kick out to a three point shooter(Green, Gordon, Tuck, etc)

This is their offense though. The reason this works(or used to work) for a team like Golden State is because you got guys(Steph & Klay) coming off screens ready to go. This is why State offense is so brilliant(or used to be brilliant)

Rockets cannot run this type of offense because they lack the personale. This is why starpower is everything in NBA & why coaching has little to no influence. The players ARE the offense
    i get it. and harden can be superman at times. but sometimes their game looks better for everyone when cp3 has ball in his hands. and to beat the warriors you are going to need a team. but with these 2 teams coaching means more than most. kerr is smarter at basketball than most give him credit for. and dantoni is a proven offensive genius. kerr has an understanding of egos and managing them similar to phil jackson, but more hands off. if he was in boston the celts would be a well oiled machine.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Jokic is a rare breed. Gonna be a force in the league for a decade barring injury.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

kd has looked like wilt out there nobody can guard him

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

I think this thread is pre-mature. The $$ games are yet to come.

I will say that Giannis was stifled by Celtic size in gm1 + he responded in games 2/3. In game3, Hill + Connaughton were key off the bench.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Jokic is a rare breed. Gonna be a force in the league for a decade barring injury.
    he is a good player. i just don't want to hear people compare him to Bird. Larry could get buckets with anyone. if you needed 40 he could get you 40. and was a rebounding genius at 6'9 with limited ups. jokic is a great passer. but he has to be more consistent and aggressive with his scoring. murray is gonna be a kobe type of player and is talented. jokic may fall into the passive role and let murray take the reigns and be a gasol to his kobe.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all great

Durant the best though

diablozz
    diablozz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 415

Your theory is flawed. All those teams were down in their series when your criteria is based it on WINNING.

1) Kevin Durant
    2) Damian Lillard
    3) Giannis
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave diablozz 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

Barton was huge last night late in the 4th

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16186

1. Leonard
    2. Durant
    3. Butler
    4. Lillard