Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Warriors +130 NBA Champs

surprised they are this cheap

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

They were like -260 or something before all the injuries.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Too much uncertainty with Durant's injury. I couldn't say whether it's cheap or expensive.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

They’re going to be nearly pk in Game 7 but you bet them +130 to win the title...without KD

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    They’re going to be nearly pk in Game 7 but you bet them +130 to win the title...without KD
    Durant isn't out for the entire playoffs, just the series against Rockets. The uncertainty is when he would return.

They are still about -190 to advance to Conference Finals.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I laid 1.70$ to win title.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

they won 73 fukin games without KD and people really think they're going to lose when the only guy to ever make them sweat in the playoffs isn't even in the playoffs this year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pabonaparte, and eidolon

asiagambler

Warriors playing well without Durant. What happens now when he returns? Does their free-flowing offense then revert back to isolation heavy and Curry + Thompson underperforming again?

I'm not sure they're better or worse off with Durant. If rushed back and not 100%, then definitely worse off.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    I'm not sure they're better or worse off with Durant.
    I’ve seen a lot of idiotic statements on SBR over the years but this one may top them all.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    I’ve seen a lot of idiotic statements on SBR over the years but this one may top them all.
    Go through some of these and I'm sure you can find one to top it.

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

save your bucks. Bucks gonna win it all.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Too much uncertainty with Durant's injury. I couldn't say whether it's cheap or expensive.
    Their record without him is excellent. I seriously don’t tbink they need him to beat any of the remaining teams, they damn sure don’t need him to win the west imo.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingKing View Post
    save your bucks. Bucks gonna win it all.

Rahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Their record without him is excellent. I seriously don’t tbink they need him to beat any of the remaining teams, they damn sure don’t need him to win the west imo.
    Well I have this so I'm trying to be a bit more optimistic:

Pending 4/13/19 2:30pm Basketball NBA NBA Championship - Denver Nuggets +5000

I'm not convinced they are much better if at all with Durant. Of course simpleminded people will think otherwise but his MVP calibre play comes at the expense of essentially everyone else, but mostly Curry and Thompson. And simple on/off stats bear this out.

So for that reason, I'm in agreement that they don't need him to beat any of the remaining teams, especially if he's rushed back and not 100%- then that would be doubly worse. But with or without Durant, this isn't the title team from last year or the title winning or 73 win team from before Durant. Anyone who's watched their games this year should be able to see that.

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Rahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

asiagambler

Oh yeah and excellent is right. 30-4 now without Durant (with Curry playing).

degennn
    degennn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5047

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Dubs efficiency has been higher statistically when durant has been off the court while Klay and curry are on the court. Not to say kd isnt the best player in the playoffs at the moment but something to consider.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Warriors are not better without KD. Oddly enough, they actually do play better though w/o him. There is something to be said about the spiritual side of basketball. Confidence, heart, etc. The intangibles. Whatever it is, the Warriors have IT. They just don’t get shook in any moment. And a bounce back from low points seems inevitable. And Steph Curry is an amazing leader and one helluva player

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Warriors are not better without KD.
    In principle, of course not. But the game is played on the court and when Durant is on the court, Curry's play suffers. Same is true of Thompson to a lesser extent. Curry makes everyone around him better. Their offense is more efficient. I'm not sure you can say the same for Durant.

Durant has had an amazing postseason without a doubt but what if he was just ok? Even with him going supernova, they lost to the Clippers twice. The Rockets series was basically even all the way up until he got hurt. Did the Warriors' level of play significantly drop after he left? Their Game 6 offense was the most efficient its been all postseason.

Durant is a generational talent but he does not improve the Warriors in any significant way. At least not this season. To me, this is extremely obvious.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

In principle, of course not. But the game is played on the court and when Durant is on the court, Curry's play suffers. Same is true of Thompson to a lesser extent. Curry makes everyone around him better. Their offense is more efficient. I'm not sure you can say the same for Durant.

Durant has had an amazing postseason without a doubt but what if he was just ok? Even with him going supernova, they lost to the Clippers twice. The Rockets series was basically even all the way up until he got hurt. Did the Warriors' level of play significantly drop after he left? Their Game 6 offense was the most efficient its been all postseason.

Durant is a generational talent but he does not improve the Warriors in any significant way. At least not this season. To me, this is extremely obvious.
    Lol bro if you would’ve quoted the remainder of my post & not just first sentence you’d see I agree with you.

Steph Curry is a special player & he brings a stack of qualities to the court that cannot be measured. He is the epitome of “lead by example”

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Lol bro if you would’ve quoted the remainder of my post & not just first sentence you’d see I agree with you.

Steph Curry is a special player & he brings a stack of qualities to the court that cannot be measured. He is the epitome of “lead by example”
    For sure, my reply is more just expanding on the point. We are mostly in agreement.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I would be worried the Bucks go next level a few games. They can shoot with State and have players to crush the middle of the paint.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Draymond said it best. "its easy to get lazy when you have a guy you can just throw it down to and he can get you 40." they obviously play different without kd because instead of 7 passes you can throw one pass to kd, and if he gets doubled then he kicks it out to one of the other guys. the spurs were a very good passing team in their prime. but seeing the warriors last night don't think i ever seen a team per man pass the ball that way. i watched the game twice to see what rockets did wrong. they just didn't make plays and took cp out of the game at a bad time. last 5 minutes you don't take him out to rest him for 2 minutes lol. but klay and curry made huge shots to put it away. i guess the best shooting team in basketball history should win more when the idea is to get the ball in the basket.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Draymond said it best. "its easy to get lazy when you have a guy you can just throw it down to and he can get you 40." they obviously play different without kd because instead of 7 passes you can throw one pass to kd, and if he gets doubled then he kicks it out to one of the other guys. the spurs were a very good passing team in their prime. but seeing the warriors last night don't think i ever seen a team per man pass the ball that way. i watched the game twice to see what rockets did wrong. they just didn't make plays and took cp out of the game at a bad time. last 5 minutes you don't take him out to rest him for 2 minutes lol. but klay and curry made huge shots to put it away. i guess the best shooting team in basketball history should win more when the idea is to get the ball in the basket.
    Think we all basically in agreement that despite Durant probably being the best player on the planet warriors look like a completely different, probably more difficult team to defend when he is not out there.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    I don't think it's laziness or complacency, rather shot allocation. The splash brothers need to shoot it to be in rhythm, and that's not possible when Durant is dominating the action.

As for Paul getting the hook, a lot of people have commented on that. TWO defensive breakdowns involving he & Tucker getting Curry a layup and then a tear drop <-that's why. Maybe if he hadn't got that he wouldn't have caught fire and the result would have been different. They tried to hide him on Livingston but he scored on him in the post -couldn't defend anyone.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

He also had a couple of turnovers, one before getting the hook and one after, both times not coming to the ball as Harden was passing it.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I don't think it's laziness or complacency, rather shot allocation. The splash brothers need to shoot it to be in rhythm, and that's not possible when Durant is dominating the action.

As for Paul getting the hook, a lot of people have commented on that. TWO defensive breakdowns involving he & Tucker getting Curry a layup and then a tear drop <-that's why. Maybe if he hadn't got that he wouldn't have caught fire and the result would have been different. They tried to hide him on Livingston but he scored on him in the post -couldn't defend anyone.
    Not only shot allocation but more than that simply touches and ball movement. It just looks way more fluid when they not just dropping it off to KD and clearing out for him to work. That said nobody has been more lethal closing playoff games out than Durant the last few years.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

People forget how good the Warriors were when they won 73 games because Curry sprained his MCL and was never the same player taht year in the playoffs. The Warriors were good enough to beat Cleveland 4-1 with a hurt Curry if not for green being suspended.

Everyone knows this Warriors team is not better without Durant but its not clear if the Warriors with Durant are better than the 73 win team was. The Warriors ball movement and off ball motion is always better without Durant, as great as Durant is.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Wise wager on gs to win title. Make wise bet and move on. Next!

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Everyone knows this Warriors team is not better without Durant but its not clear if the Warriors with Durant are better than the 73 win team was. The Warriors ball movement and off ball motion is always better without Durant, as great as Durant is.
    Last season I would agree but not this season. This year, Durant completely dominates the action to the point where Curry and Thompson are glorified 3 point shooters so whatever is gained from him is lost in them. At the very least, I contend there is no dropoff without Durant in the specific matchup against the Rockets.

Building off what kingdom said about Green and laziness- well if that's what they want to call it, it's still an effect of Durant out on the court. So of course the potential is there for them to play "Warriors ball" with Durant and they did do that last season. But they've gone away from it this year and I guess that's on Kerr.
    Last edited by asiagambler; 05-11-19 at 11:01 PM.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Last season I would agree but not this season. This year, Durant completely dominates the action to the point where Curry and Thompson are glorified 3 point shooters so whatever is gained from him is lost in them. At the very least, I contend there is no dropoff without Durant in the specific matchup against the Rockets.

Building off what kingdom said about Green and laziness- well if that's what they want to call it, it's still an effect of Durant out on the court. So of course the potential is there for them to play "Warriors ball" with Durant and they did do that last season. But they've gone away from it this year and I guess that's on Kerr.
    i think kd is so sensitive kerr wouldn't criticize him they way he would steph or draymond. and he realizes they are so good just having durant makes them clearly the best team in basketball. the crew without kd has to play near perfect, including the weakened bench, to have close to an even level of success. kerr is one smart mofo. he has some phil and pop in him. he learned from the best and knows how to use it.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

also it was odd seeing kerr being openly critical of steph as he has in the playoffs this year. he said coaching him is a rollercoaster. where he does so many crazy things but makes up for it by doing incredible things. he compared it to pop coaching ginobili when kerr was there as an assistant. he said ginobili drove pop up a wall, but was so good pop had to accept it. kerr also said earlier in the playoffs he had to go to steph's mom and say, "can you please make your son stop fouling". lol

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28655

gsw playing team ball now kd is out .... they will win it all ....bank it folks

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    gsw playing team ball now kd is out .... they will win it all ....bank it folks
    Lotta Love for Steph...Splash Brothers and Co.....

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

GS might need Durant to win the finals, they shouldn't need him to win the West

12 Last