eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

#1 seeds about to both be out in NHL - LOVE this sport

TB swept in 4 games.

Calgary down 3-1 against the #8 seed of the west.

Only in NHL can you find #1 seeds losing in the first round.

NHL > NBA all day. Sure basketball is great but all the best players go to 1-2 teams and there's very few upsets. BORING.

So pumped for the coming NHL games!!!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Could look at it from a different angle and say the NHL just sucks if the top teams go out so easily. But, I love this shit. Best playoff sport there is. That Calgary/Colorado OT period should be played for all the fools who think that the NHL isn’t great. It’s the poster child period for why the playoffs are so great.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19480

Killed off that power play and had the 3 on 2 to put it away.
    Very exciting

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

Turned it on when it was 2-0 Calgary. What a 3rd period and OT!

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Calgary didn't even get a SOG

Flames look like 2 different teams, were head and shoulders better than Col for 50 minutes then defense got slow and sloppy

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Could look at it from a different angle and say the NHL just sucks if the top teams go out so easily. But, I love this shit. Best playoff sport there is. That Calgary/Colorado OT period should be played for all the fools who think that the NHL isn’t great. It’s the poster child period for why the playoffs are so great.
    Exactly! It was a great ending. Sprinkled a little on colorado too during the intermission before OT at -104. Looking forward to all the tied 2-2 series, its about to get even more exciting!!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

guess it just shows in hockey number 1 thru 8 are close in talent not like the nba where the 1 seed is sweeping the pistons and the other 1 seed is going to lose to the clippers

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

The thing in NHL is there is more parity and also the fact that there are more guys that play. NHL is more like baseball than it is basketball. Basketball is highly dependant on 3-4 players on the team, guys who are gonna take the majority of shots, play the majority of minutes, handle the ball all the time. Baseball, it doesn't matter how good your first 3-4 guys in the lineup are. If your 5, 6, 7, 8 hitters aren't quality, then you won't win. Why? Because the 8 hitter is gonna get just as many bats in a playoff series as the 3 hitter (what, he might get like 0.5 less at bats per game average, big deal). So 8 has just as much pressure to produce. Similarly, in hockey, you got 4 lines that play almost equal minutes. The 4th line is just as important as the 1st line in hockey. It's truly a team sport.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    guess it just shows in hockey number 1 thru 8 are close in talent not like the nba where the 1 seed is sweeping the pistons and the other 1 seed is going to lose to the clippers
    What? If the Clippers were up 3-1 in the series right now, I'd put my entire house on the Warriors to win the series.... Warriors lose when they want to lose. Teams like Clippers don't beat the Warriors in the playoffs, unless Warriors beat themselves. Warriors can literally not show up, go down 3-1, and still easily win this series with 3 straight blowouts. Never forget that.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    The thing in NHL is there is more parity and also the fact that there are more guys that play. NHL is more like baseball than it is basketball. Basketball is highly dependant on 3-4 players on the team, guys who are gonna take the majority of shots, play the majority of minutes, handle the ball all the time. Baseball, it doesn't matter how good your first 3-4 guys in the lineup are. If your 5, 6, 7, 8 hitters aren't quality, then you won't win. Why? Because the 8 hitter is gonna get just as many bats in a playoff series as the 3 hitter (what, he might get like 0.5 less at bats per game average, big deal). So 8 has just as much pressure to produce. Similarly, in hockey, you got 4 lines that play almost equal minutes. The 4th line is just as important as the 1st line in hockey. It's truly a team sport.
    Very true, there is a large gap between best and average players in NBA and not as great in NHL. I never thought about it that.

I feel like the star players for the playoffs are the goalies. The truly dominant ones shine with 95% save rate or better.

eaglesfan371

Which series are you guys most excited for?

Right now its Bruins and maple leafs for me. Very fast paced games and a lot of hits between them.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Very true, there is a large gap between best and average players in NBA and not as great in NHL. I never thought about it that.

I feel like the star players for the playoffs are the goalies. The truly dominant ones shine with 95% save rate or better.
    Yeah. If you need to win it all, you need your goalie to get in the zone at the right time. All the best goalies have made their name in the playoffs, even if they weren't that great in the regular season. Look at Marc Fluery or Cory Crawford. Good reg season goalies, but world-class when playoffs roll around.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

Just seems like an awful matchup for the flames 🔥 . Lost a 7 team parlay in game 2 with the last leg being Calgary -.5 regulation and even though they were thoroughly outplayed I had a 2-1 lead with 3 min left and lost a 2500 payout on an empty net goal. I hammered the Colorado intermission line after that and wasn’t surprised when McKinnon sniped the game winner. Pounded them in game 3 and 4 also. Way too much speed for them.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    What? If the Clippers were up 3-1 in the series right now, I'd put my entire house on the Warriors to win the series.... Warriors lose when they want to lose. Teams like Clippers don't beat the Warriors in the playoffs, unless Warriors beat themselves. Warriors can literally not show up, go down 3-1, and still easily win this series with 3 straight blowouts. Never forget that.
    Yep. Kerr gave up at a certain point. You can tell he said to himself ’fck it I’ll just show them this shit show to get better from here on out.’ He knows the Clips have no shot. Guy is sharp. He’s preparing for a series that they have a small chance of losing.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

The last few minutes of a close NBA game are excruciating. Time out after time out. Foul after foul. Hockey is way better.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

I like 'em both equally but difference for me is goal tending in hockey.

We've all been on the side of losses where the team we played had twice (or more) shots on goal and lost. NBA that's a blow out. Quick was out of this world is the first one from recent memory that comes to mind in that LA Kings cup a few years back.

First round NBA usually always sucks aside from a couple of series. Hockey it's on from day one.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Goat nailed this one, why both sports are how they are.

The NHL games are exciting to watch but hard for me to take it too serious when 1 seeds are 1-7 right now combined.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

#1 seeds losing is terrible for the sport

It is why ratings are horrific other than people at games

NHL has always lacked stars

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

The puck is not round thus making hockey the most luck driven sport.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    The puck is not round thus making hockey the most luck driven sport.
    Football is luck too. Fumbles etc

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Maybe the NHL could shorten their 36 month regular season if it doesn't produce any results
    Then get rid of fighting

Maybe if they did that they could get more TV viewers than pro bull riding does

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

30 shots in NHL to 150 in basketball per team per game, 30 has way more variance

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    30 shots in NHL to 150 in basketball per team per game, 30 has way more variance
    I like greater variance, sharps do not.

Also, guess which sport the Jeopardy champ says he bets a lot in these days? NHL!

inspektr
    inspektr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1362

nhl more fun to watch, nba more fun to bet lol

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by inspektr View Post
    nhl more fun to watch, nba more fun to bet lol
    I had typed several paragraphs on why this is so untrue, NBA is the WORST to bet. However, I decided to calm down and just say no, NBA is not more fun to bet.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I don't get why it's always hockey fans who have to say NHL is better than NBA.