BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    And why do I need to have done any of those 3 things. You think NBA talent scouts that study NCAA kids & Euro kids have it as mandatory that they have done any of those 3 things or even played pro basketball at all? You think professional sports bettors have to have played the sports they are betting on to make money on? Of course not. Stop talking nonsense.
    Ok I’ll add to the list....

Are you a professional sports bettor or NBA scout?

“I didn’t say Westbrook was devoid of talent, I said he lacks talent”

Lmao. Come on dude. If you want to hate on Westbrook fine. Talk about how he makes bad decisions sometimes or chases rebounds.

When you say he lacks talent you just sound ridiculous. That’s all.

You don’t start for UCLA or win NBA MVP if you don’t have talent. I thought this was common sense and can’t believe we’re even arguing this. SMH.

You’re essentially saying one of the most athletic people in the world doesn’t have talent.

I guess Shaq didn’t have talent either. He was just a big guy right?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Westbrook has held the title of best pound for pound athlete in the NBA since like 07 when LeBron was still a cav (the first time) who he took it from

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Ok I’ll add to the list....

Are you a professional sports bettor or NBA scout?

“I didn’t say Westbrook was devoid of talent, I said he lacks talent”

Lmao. Come on dude. If you want to hate on Westbrook fine. Talk about how he makes bad decisions sometimes or chases rebounds.

When you say he lacks talent you just sound ridiculous. That’s all.

You don’t start for UCLA or win NBA MVP if you don’t have talent. I thought this was common sense and can’t believe we’re even arguing this. SMH.

You’re essentially saying one of the most athletic people in the world doesn’t have talent.

I guess Shaq didn’t have talent either. He was just a big guy right?
    In terms of basketball talent Westbrook is lacking and so was Shaq, obviously. If Jimmer Fredette was athletic like that who would be the better player?

BigDofBA

In terms of basketball talent Westbrook is lacking and so was Shaq, obviously. If Jimmer Fredette was athletic like that who would be the better player?
    If this and if that. Bottom line, Westbrook is wayyy more TALENTED than Fredette.

All of the PGs you think are “talented” can’t cover Westbrook btw.

I’m not saying Westbrook is the best overall PG in the league. I’m just saying it’s foolish to say he lacks talent and then try to defend that ridiculous comment with other ridiculous comments by comparing him to Jimmer Ferdette.... a guy that has struggled to stay in The NBA.

So what you’re saying is Jimmer Fredette is more talented than Russel Westbrook? Lol

IBetYou

Who's the better shooter out of the two? You can realise that much surely...

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

I remember you.. you got upset with me because I said the Bucks are the 4th best team in the East imo. What gives you the right boo-hoo you went or something along those lines . Nothing has changed since then I might add, except you apparently wanting to pat yourself on the back. They had the best record then and they still do.
    i don't want to pat myself on the back, i just want you to admit you were wrong, which you are obviously incapable of doing... why not max bet the NO on bucks winning the east at +200 or so.

what has changed is that the market is finally pricing things right, i said to bet the bucks at +400 to win the east when they were being undervalued, now they are +150 or so.

this is a SPORTS GAMBLING forum, so we should all look for bettable angles rather than just bullshit

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

If this and if that. Bottom line, Westbrook is wayyy more TALENTED than Fredette.

All of the PGs you think are “talented” can’t cover Westbrook btw.

I’m not saying Westbrook is the best overall PG in the league. I’m just saying it’s foolish to say he lacks talent and then try to defend that ridiculous comment with other ridiculous comments by comparing him to Jimmer Ferdette.... a guy that has struggled to stay in The NBA.

So what you’re saying is Jimmer Fredette is more talented than Russel Westbrook? Lol
    I have said it over and over.
    The problem with RWB has nothing to do with physical talent and everything to do with his psychological make-up.
    Dude needs George Costanza level therapy. A whole team of Doctors working for months.
    PLUS, he outright refuses to change his game, improve his shooting and in short time, due to his maniacal play, will fall off a cliff.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Giannis gotta prove it. Everyone wants to put him so high up. All the top teams are gonna advance. Toronto, Mlk, Philly and Boston, and the best team will win, simple as that. Its like when everyone kept saying "this is the year Toronto is gonna beat Lebron." And Lebron just ends up winning the East. As a 2 seed, or 4 seed, or whatever, it didn't matter. Bucks are spanking a team right now that doesn't even have Blake Griffin. The Pistons second best player is not even a top 30 player in the NBA. So anyone looking at these games as a measuring stick needs to reasses.

In my view, Boston and Toronto are the best 2 teams. Followed by Mlkw and Philly. I think any of those teams can win the East, and a dick smack is in order during the finals, as usual.
    in the nba the best team usually wins it all, you're right there, but it's definitely not 100% of the series

a lot of people think boston and toronto are better than milwaukee, based on nothing but "talent"

i think the market (odds), point differential, etc. is a better indicator... boston or toronto might beat the bucks but they sure as heck won't be favored.

confirmation bias is always at play, if you think toronto is better then you ignore the fact that they lost at home (to freaking orlando!) and you downplay dominance by milwaukee... vice/versa i am gonna have the other bias and say milwaukee is taking care of business in more dominant fashion.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i don't want to pat myself on the back, i just want you to admit you were wrong, which you are obviously incapable of doing... why not max bet the NO on bucks winning the east at +200 or so.

what has changed is that the market is finally pricing things right, i said to bet the bucks at +400 to win the east when they were being undervalued, now they are +150 or so.

this is a SPORTS GAMBLING forum, so we should all look for bettable angles rather than just bullshit

Well, I'm not wrong. I remember well you touting them when they already had the top record in the east and were the talk of the league. Look what I've discovered you said, they have the best +- in the league. They weren't 4-1 at that time. Now you want me to congratulate you on the win you're so certain of.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    I have said it over and over.
    The problem with RWB has nothing to do with physical talent and everything to do with his psychological make-up.
    Dude needs George Costanza level therapy. A whole team of Doctors working for months.
    PLUS, he outright refuses to change his game, improve his shooting and in short time, due to his maniacal play, will fall off a cliff.
    Pretty much spot on.

To say he has no talent and then compare him to Jimmer Fredette is just ridiculous though.

milwaukee mike

Well, I'm not wrong. I remember well you touting them when they already had the top record in the east and were the talk of the league. Look what I've discovered you said, they have the best +- in the league. They weren't 4-1 at that time. Now you want me to congratulate you on the win you're so certain of.
    yes they were, they were 3rd favorite betting wise in the east and the odds hadn't caught up yet

i don't want congratulations from you, couldn't care less... just pointing out that if you bet based on your opinion at that time (that YOU were so certain of) you would be way behind, where if you bet on the bucks you could lock in a nice profit.

i only butted in to this thread because you are such a know it all that i had to point out that when you are wrong you just dig in deeper like these silly arguments about westbrook.

the bucks might win the east, they might not, they are a dumb bet at +150 but were good at +300 or +400

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I was skeptical about Milwaukee early on mainly due to budenholzer as a only great regular season coach with the Hawks but damn they look unstoppable right now

With cousins injury and perhaps some lucky breaks the bucks could very well win it all
    If bucks managed to get to the finals they would get slapped, cousins or no cousins. Bucks second best player is Khris Middleton bro

BigDofBA

Who's the better shooter out of the two? You can realise that much surely...
    Dude quit backtracking and just admit you're wrong.

So to be a talented NBA player, the only variable is shooting?

Since you're such a great elevator of talent, can you explain why Jimmer Fredette was out of the league and playing in China if he is so great?

Fredette shoots threes better than Westbrook. Westbrook does everything else better.

Rebounding
    Scoring
    Assisting
    Defense
    etc.

You're so wrong here that now you're trying to backtrack and you're talking Jimmer Fredette. You can't admit you are wrong can you?

BigDofBA

i only butted in to this thread because you are such a know it all that i had to point out that when you are wrong you just dig in deeper like these silly arguments about westbrook.
    Truth!

The Bucks have the best player in the league and have a great shot to make the finals. He obviously has no clue and after he it's demonstrated he is wrong he just continues to argue.

Then he says stuff like "I never said he was devoid of talent...I said he lacks talent"......"Jimmer Fredette has more talent than Westbrook".

lol

IBetYou

yes they were, they were 3rd favorite betting wise in the east and the odds hadn't caught up yet

i don't want congratulations from you, couldn't care less... just pointing out that if you bet based on your opinion at that time (that YOU were so certain of) you would be way behind, where if you bet on the bucks you could lock in a nice profit.

the bucks might win the east, they might not, they are a dumb bet at +150 but were good at +300 or +400
    +300, yes now we're getting warmer. And now you're trading out to lock in a profit -of course because you have no idea whose going to win. You just looked at the standings and imagined you were the only one that could see it.

Goat Milk

in the nba the best team usually wins it all, you're right there, but it's definitely not 100% of the series

a lot of people think boston and toronto are better than milwaukee, based on nothing but "talent"

i think the market (odds), point differential, etc. is a better indicator... boston or toronto might beat the bucks but they sure as heck won't be favored.

confirmation bias is always at play, if you think toronto is better then you ignore the fact that they lost at home (to freaking orlando!) and you downplay dominance by milwaukee... vice/versa i am gonna have the other bias and say milwaukee is taking care of business in more dominant fashion.
    Bucks are playing the worst team in the post season by far. Especially without Griffin. Griffin is way better than Khris Middleton, the Bucks second best player, and when healthy, which he's not, even if he does play, Griffin will have zero problem scoring against Giannis. He's too big, too strong, and too explosive. So these little games where the Bucks are winning don't mean shit to me.

Toronto is still a new team, full of new faces, and I expect their postseason to be up and down. This is where a team either gels together, or falls apart. Same with Boston. It doesn't matter that they're up 3-0. They're not gelled together. See, as a veteran of watching this game, which you are, you can't read too much into all these meaningless games. Point differential and all that doesn't mean anything either. Reg season means nothing.

In the end, it comes down to talent and chemistry. Bucks have the chemistry, but it's clear they lack talent, and they also lack experience. None of their players have done anything in the playoffs. Not a single one.

The reason I put Toronto and Boston ahead of them for now, is because each of those teams has way more experience. Way more. Toronto has a finals MVP. Boston has a guy who went to 4 straight finals. Boston went to the conference finals last year and almost won. Toronto has been a city that is always a high seed, progressing deep into the playoffs.

Yeah those teams won't be favored, becuase they shouldn't be. Spreads are formulated off perception and statistics. The perception on the Bucks goes up when they're smashing a team like a Griffinless Pistons, which the public doesn't understand is an indicator of nothing. Books use reg season stats to measure playoffs success, always. Which is also a mistake.

Remember Toronto last year? They were heavily favored to win at home against James and his 4-seeded Cavs. That Cavs team sucked dick. James destroyed Toronto. Destroyed. I honestly couldn't believe the type of underdog this guy was in all those road games. Why? Toronto was the 1 seed and had one of their best, if not their best, regular seasons in history....

And what happened?

IBetYou

Truth!

The Bucks have the best player in the league and have a great shot to make the finals. He obviously has no clue and after he it's demonstrated he is wrong he just continues to argue.

Then he says stuff like "I never said he was devoid of talent...I said he lacks talent"......"Jimmer Fredette has more talent than Westbrook".

lol
    look fanboy, bore off. You're being deliberately obtuse.. I didn't say Fredette was an NBA level player or anything like it. I just find it amusing you can't look at things objectively. Your loyal to the guy on the poster in your bedroom.

BigDofBA

After people start bringing Jimmer Fredette into their arguments to support their opinion it's time to move on because there is no amount of logic that will help at that point...here is the book on Westbrook.

Things to criticize Westbrook on:

Decision Making
    Being too emotional
    Chasing Rebounds
    Being out of control
    Shooting too many threes

Things not to criticize Westbrook on:

Effort
    Talent

BigDofBA

I didn't say Fredette was an NBA level player or anything like it.
    You said he had more talent than Russell Westbrook then I won the debate.

Game over.

milwaukee mike

+300, yes now we're getting warmer. And now you're trading out to lock in a profit -of course because you have no idea whose going to win. You just looked at the standings and imagined you were the only one that could see it.
    lot of assumptions here

what do you think the odds were when the bucks were the 3rd favorite in the east?

here are bets back on feb 17th, our argument was on jan 26th

Feb 17, 2019 09:23 AM Future/Prop $200.00 $800.00 NBA Playoff Specials - To Win Eastern Conference - Milwaukee Bucks - Yes +400

Feb 17, 2019 09:26 AM Future/Prop $200.00 $700.00 NBA Playoff Specials - To Win Eastern Conference - Toronto Raptors - Yes +350

Goat Milk

The facts are facts and Westbrook is one of the best players in the world and one of the top 15 players of this generation. The question is though, can he carry a team to a championship as the number 1 or number 2 player, and so far, it's been no. So far, Westbrook has really melted down in the playoffs almost every year of his career. I mean, just going off memory, I remember this guy making so, so many mistakes at the end of critical playoff games. I start with the years against Kobe. Then eventually when he got passed the Lakers and made it to the finals against Wade and Bron. Was put in check in the final moments of those games. That series was a 4-1 win by the Heat (btw Thunder were like -220 favorites or something), but almost every game was close. Then back to the WCF a couple of times. Playing GS and the Spurs I believe. That meltdown against GS was legendary. I'll never forget it. Durant did not play well either in game 6 and 7 but that was a rarity for him. He always played well in those other series'. Westbrook flat out....I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And I say that because I had such a large wager on OKC to win that series, at such good odds. And when they went up 3-1. I knew it was a lock. I knew no way Durant and Westbrook are gonna miss this chance. This is their year to win a ring, no way Lebron and Irving and Love will beat them. I firmly believed Durant and Westbrook were 2 of the 5 best players in the world, and that combination, like it was for Wade and Lebron, would win them at least 1 ring. Now was the time. Westbrook proved me wrong. And then he just continued to get worse in crunch time in the playoffs. Turnovers. Shooting contested 3s that wouldn't even be close. Then last year, against the Jazz. You seriously are gonna lose to a team with their best player being a ROOKIE? In the FIRST ROUND? With Paul George and Melo? Are you shitting me? I don't wanna hear it about Melo, because the Thunder are not any better this year without him! They're down 2-1 to a shitty ass Portland team that just lost an all-star calliber center.

Westbrook has had a great career, but we all know the system is designed for him to get triple doubles.

Maybe if everyone on that staff wasn't so scared of Westbrook, they could design a system that wins them rings... And that would definitely involve Westbrook getting less rebounds. You can see him cheating in the paint so many times instead of rotating to a guy on the perimeter and contesting a shot.

There was so many times at the end of those close playoff battles that Durant would demand the basketball and Westbrook would chuck it up or make a mistake.

In reality, every real basketball fan knows, Westbrook is the real reason Durant left OKC. He loved the guy like a brother, but he knew it was a lost cause. He couldn't win with him.

IBetYou

You said he had more talent than Russell Westbrook then I won the debate.

Game over.
    No I didn't say that. That was your imagination. You got overly excited I think

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Westbrook won't win anything. That's all that matters in sports. That's why KD left

milwaukee mike

The facts are facts and Westbrook is one of the best players in the world and one of the top 15 players of this generation. The question is though, can he carry a team to a championship as the number 1 or number 2 player, and so far, it's been no. So far, Westbrook has really melted down in the playoffs almost every year of his career. I mean, just going off memory, I remember this guy making so, so many mistakes at the end of critical playoff games. I start with the years against Kobe. Then eventually when he got passed the Lakers and made it to the finals against Wade and Bron. Was put in check in the final moments of those games. That series was a 4-1 win by the Heat (btw Thunder were like -220 favorites or something), but almost every game was close. Then back to the WCF a couple of times. Playing GS and the Spurs I believe. That meltdown against GS was legendary. I'll never forget it. Durant did not play well either in game 6 and 7 but that was a rarity for him. He always played well in those other series'. Westbrook flat out....I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And I say that because I had such a large wager on OKC to win that series, at such good odds. And when they went up 3-1. I knew it was a lock. I knew no way Durant and Westbrook are gonna miss this chance. This is their year to win a ring, no way Lebron and Irving and Love will beat them. I firmly believed Durant and Westbrook were 2 of the 5 best players in the world, and that combination, like it was for Wade and Lebron, would win them at least 1 ring. Now was the time. Westbrook proved me wrong. And then he just continued to get worse in crunch time in the playoffs. Turnovers. Shooting contested 3s that wouldn't even be close. Then last year, against the Jazz. You seriously are gonna lose to a team with their best player being a ROOKIE? In the FIRST ROUND? With Paul George and Melo? Are you shitting me? I don't wanna hear it about Melo, because the Thunder are not any better this year without him! They're down 2-1 to a shitty ass Portland team that just lost an all-star calliber center.

Westbrook has had a great career, but we all know the system is designed for him to get triple doubles.

Maybe if everyone on that staff wasn't so scared of Westbrook, they could design a system that wins them rings... And that would definitely involve Westbrook getting less rebounds. You can see him cheating in the paint so many times instead of rotating to a guy on the perimeter and contesting a shot.

There was so many times at the end of those close playoff battles that Durant would demand the basketball and Westbrook would chuck it up or make a mistake.

In reality, every real basketball fan knows, Westbrook is the real reason Durant left OKC. He loved the guy like a brother, but he knew it was a lost cause. He couldn't win with him.
    talent isn't always enough, and there is only 1 ball

okc had durant, westbrook, harden, and ibaka and still couldn't win

golden state has seemed much better this year WITHOUT boogie

BigDofBA

The truth hurts. Despite all of the flaws that Thunder team still had a 10 point lead with 6 minutes left in game 6.

It took Klay Thompson having a game for the ages AND a meltdown from KD and Westbrook to lose that game.

I honestly don’t think they would have beaten the Cavs and I don’t think that combo would have ever won a ring.

KD is a headcase and Westbrook is out of control. It was entertaining watching them get close on iso ball, jump shots, and talent alone though.

BigDofBA

Curry is the important piece of that team.

Durant is the most talented but when Curry is out they lose. When Durant is out, they win.

milwaukee mike

Curry is the important piece of that team.

Durant is the most talented but when Curry is out they lose. When Durant is out, they win.
    i am rooting for all of them to get injured

Goat Milk

The truth hurts. Despite all of the flaws that Thunder team still had a 10 point lead with 6 minutes left in game 6.

It took Klay Thompson having a game for the ages AND a meltdown from KD and Westbrook to lose that game.

I honestly don’t think they would have beaten the Cavs and I don’t think that combo would have ever won a ring.

KD is a headcase and Westbrook is out of control. It was entertaining watching them get close on iso ball, jump shots, and talent alone though.
    But I don't think KD ever played much iso ball. A lot of Westbrook's assists came on KD downscreens, then he would just pop a j at the elbow. Easy money everytime. Also, that's why KD transitioned to GS so easily. There was no rusty period for him. He could move easily without the ball and flow. I really do think they would have beaten the Cavs. Irving was not the player he is today when they won that ring. He was very young, like what, 23? There was something about that OKC team that I believed in, some magical quality. And KD and Westbrook were both just entering their primes, whereas Irving is just now entering his prime.

Well, let's see if Westbrook ever wins a ring. I truly don't think he can win one as the best overall player on his team. And with this triple double gimmicky stuff. I think in the next 3 years, Westbrook is going to come to this realization. That's my opinion. All his stats are gonna drop as he starts to play more without the ball and defer to others.

Goat Milk

Eh. Like I said, reg season means nothing. It's only normal for a team to struggle when they add a new guy, like Boogie. I actually think the +/- with Boogie this year is better, but those stats don't mean anything. In a 7 game series, you have a 7 foot, 300 pound guy banging on your team. That wears out a team. Every other day, dealing with that force. Trust me, Warriors are not even close to better without Boogie.

When OKC had those guys, don't forget all of those players were worse than Lebron and Wade. Wade was better than Durant, Westbrook, Harden, all those guys. Bosh was just as good as Harden at that time, maybe even slightly better. So in reality, the more talented and experienced team won.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

After people start bringing Jimmer Fredette into their arguments to support their opinion it's time to move on because there is no amount of logic that will help at that point...here is the book on Westbrook.

Things to criticize Westbrook on:

Decision Making
    Being too emotional
    Chasing Rebounds
    Being out of control
    Shooting too many threes

Things not to criticize Westbrook on:

Effort
    Talent
    OK. You are correct. BUT after how many years in the league does it take to make an adjustment or 2 ???

I also think Billy D. is another problem. Seriously, his offense...what offense?
    Does he have any influence over his franchise player? Me thinks not.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

They would've beat the Cavs in 6 easy

milwaukee mike

Eh. Like I said, reg season means nothing. It's only normal for a team to struggle when they add a new guy, like Boogie. I actually think the +/- with Boogie this year is better, but those stats don't mean anything. In a 7 game series, you have a 7 foot, 300 pound guy banging on your team. That wears out a team. Every other day, dealing with that force. Trust me, Warriors are not even close to better without Boogie.

When OKC had those guys, don't forget all of those players were worse than Lebron and Wade. Wade was better than Durant, Westbrook, Harden, all those guys. Bosh was just as good as Harden at that time, maybe even slightly better. So in reality, the more talented and experienced team won.
    i think that's just selective memory, durant was awesome in those 2012 finals, shot 55% and scored 31 pts/game

after going up 1-0 in the series, okc was right there in game 2/3/4, any or all of those games were 1 or 2 shots/calls away from going in the win column for okc

14 more fouls called on okc, call 14 more fouls on miami instead and okc was the champs

BigDofBA

i think that's just selective memory, durant was awesome in those 2012 finals, shot 55% and scored 31 pts/game

after going up 1-0 in the series, okc was right there in game 2/3/4, any or all of those games were 1 or 2 shots/calls away from going in the win column for okc

14 more fouls called on okc, call 14 more fouls on miami instead and okc was the champs
    Games 2-4 were all one possession games under a minute to go if I remember correctly.

Harden disappeared that series.

Lebron did a good job on Durant.

One of the games in Miami Westbrook single Handedly kept OKC in the game. He scored liked 23 straight points in the second half.

milwaukee mike

Games 2-4 were all one possession games under a minute to go if I remember correctly.

One of the games in Miami Westbrook single Handedly kept OKC in the game. He scored liked 23 straight points in the second half.
    exactly

bitch refs had to give bitch lebron a title one way or another

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Harden got to them to the finals with that performance vs spurs

First 12345 Last