clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Over due Great player. Terrible basketball executive.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

cant wait til lakers announce lebron james as general manager and player coach he will do it all next season

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Buss won. Walton isn't going anywhere

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Over due Great player. Terrible basketball executive.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Magic was a great player!! SHOWTIME!!!

Gotta see the 30 for 30 - Magic vs Bird/Lakers vs Celtics.. A must see!!!http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=CelticsLakers

Gives you an appreciation of the talent back then.. Bird was tough too. They played with heart.. Very competitive. Hated each other back then, friends today..

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

DeAngelo Russell is flat out killing it now. His all star appearance well deserved as he's leading a nets team to the playoffs

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    DeAngelo Russell is flat out killing it now. His all star appearance well deserved as he's leading a nets team to the playoffs
    Neither DeAngelo or Randle are playing in the West anymore, so they are expected to light it up on teams that just aren't that good.. Still both have very good upside and showing that now.. Lakers should have tried to keep them both IMO.. Wait it out.. Lakers wanted to win now with Lebron because Lebron is old..

Sold the farm and still have a losing team now that missed the playoffs..

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

One of best FA classes ever this summer but he steps down? Something smells fishy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    cant wait til lakers announce lebron james as general manager and player coach he will do it all next season
    He is king of the Laker Organization now.. Signed a 4 year contract.. Player coach for sure when he gets injured again.. If he has to carry the load then good luck.. Lakers better sign an absolute stud in this off season..

Lebron ain't enough..

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    SMART MOVE!! He see's a loser and knows when to walk away and not go down and sink with the aging Lebron ship..

Lakers tried signing an old Steve Nash and that back fired.. Lebron about to get injured next year too.. Age gets everyone in pro sports.. Can't beat father time..

Jerry Buss rolling over in his grave...
    You know what's funny? A lot of ppl talk about "aging" but D Wade was 37 years old and statistically was the best player on his team this year. Isn't that funny? Lebron is a top 5 NBA player till the day he retires. That's facts.... Do you have high hopes for Bradley Beal? Beal will NEVER at any point in their careers be better than Bron. Neither will Paul George. Bron will be better than those guys until the day he retires.... But you don't mind starting a team with these "young talented guys?"

Goat Milk

Neither DeAngelo or Randle are playing in the West anymore, so they are expected to light it up on teams that just aren't that good.. Still both have very good upside and showing that now.. Lakers should have tried to keep them both IMO.. Wait it out.. Lakers wanted to win now with Lebron because Lebron is old..

Sold the farm and still have a losing team now that missed the playoffs..
    They didn't sell the farm. They've been waiting for some of these losers to develop, but they rarely do. I was against the Russel and Randle moves from day 1. Especially Russel. I thought he was the clear cut number 1 pick in the draft and even when Towns was dominating his first 3 years and Russ wasn't doing much, I still believed deep down Russel was a better player. And I still do believe that. Towns won't win a ring as a number 1 option. Maybe not even a number 2.

The problem is, most of the young players you draft don't develop. The NBA is the toughest league in the world. By far. Superstars rarely, rarely break out. And you're seeing that with Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Kaldwell Pope. How many years are you gonna wait for these guys to develop into good NBA players?

Goat Milk

Put Kobe in charge and he'll take this team to the WCF from his office. Easily.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Can anyone give one good reason why Jeanie Buss is not at the game tonight?

She's a fool!

What a dumpster fire of an organization. I can't believe how far they have fallen.

True disclosure, I hate the Lakers. I hate LeBron. But even I have a hard time watching this debacle.

Trade LeBron. He's the cancer!

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    And why's that? Athleticism doesn't help in the front office. Michael Jordan figured that out. Being a GM takes work. I suspect Bryant enjoys his free time. Besides he never said anything to make me think he's clever anyway..

IBetYou

People like to think of NBA legends as being super-human beings. Danny Ainge is the best GM to come along in a long time. Bit of a bumpy season for the Celtics but he's got the two attributes that count: brains & worth ethic.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

100% Kobe won't take the job if Lebron is involved as a player.

To add to this... I don't think Kobe has the mind for management. He was a "doer" on the court... a machine. Business decisions isn't Kobe.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

LeBron James's newest contract will expire in 2022

the same year that his basketball phenom son,

LeBron James Jr., is anticipated to graduate from high school!

Bron's seed is an NBA B-Ball factory!
    Just add Pussy!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

kids of greats usually busts

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Lakers would show a great sense of humor if they traded LeBron to the Cavs. Wouldn't work with the pieces they have but it would be hilarious

PAULYPOKER

Holy fukkin moly...

14 years old and dunkin like a funkkin donut!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Players don't like Kobe, they didn't listen to him when he was playing in his final years.. You really think they will take him seriously and listen to him now?

They have a damn hard time even listening to Luke Walton now.. Kobe would have a tougher time being in charge if I had to guess.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    LeBron James's newest contract will expire in 2022

the same year that his basketball phenom son,

LeBron James Jr., is anticipated to graduate from high school!

Bron's seed is an NBA B-Ball factory!
    Just add Pussy!

The kids are never as good as the pops.. Remember the pops like Lebron bang hot chicks not Amazon chicks to enhance the gene pool... Pretty chicks are usually not athletic and only pollute the gene pool..

Lebron's son will be a wash..

lakerboy

The kids are never as good as the pops.. Remember the pops like Lebron bang hot chicks not Amazon chicks to enhance the gene pool... Pretty chicks are usually not athletic and only pollute the gene pool..

Isn't Steph better then Dell?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

PAULYPOKER

Lol.......

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Step is a shooter, a little man.. Steps mother was a player herself if I'm not mistaken.. Step is not a physical specimen like Lebron James.

I'm talking about players that can jump out of the building and have big bodies.. All of Shaq's kids will be nothing like him either.. Lebron the same.. They are banging petite pretty twigs and having kids with them.. So you then get half breed physical specimen babies..

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I played Little League with two of Lebron's wife's family members. I don't know if they are her cousins or uncles. We are talking like 15-18 years older. They have some OK genes on that level.

homie1975

There are exceptions to the rule but in general the offspring of superstars or great players are not better than their dad's were.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    There are exceptions to the rule but in general the offspring of superstars or great players are not better than their dad's were.
    Ken Griffey Jr
    Both Manning brothers
    Barry bonds
    Klay Thompson
    Brett Hull

homie1975

Ken Griffey Jr
    Both Manning brothers
    Barry bonds
    Klay Thompson
    Brett Hull
    Griffey senior was not a star. Mychal Thompson was not a star.

Would u like to see the list of former good or great players children who are NOT stars? It would take me weeks to compile because it is hundreds of thousands names long.

But how about these guys sons?

- Michael Jordan
    - bill Russell
    - Wilt Chamberlain
    - Jerry west
    Kareem Abdul jabbar

I'll stop. What have u heard from them?

IN GENERAL I SAID. IN GENERAL, SONS NOT AS GOOD AS STAR FATHERS
    Last edited by homie1975; 04-10-19 at 02:19 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James forced him out

NBA wise Hardaway isn’t bad right now

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    People like to think of NBA legends as being super-human beings. Danny Ainge is the best GM to come along in a long time. Bit of a bumpy season for the Celtics but he's got the two attributes that count: brains & worth ethic.
    lol. ainge was the worst gm in the league before being gifted the big 3. gifted again with the brooklyn deal that gave him picks and he finally learned value of the draft. bob myers and sam presti are best gm's in the league. and it wasn't presti decision to let harden go over 4 million dollars. to keep okc afloat for as long as he has and the turmoil is impressive. just needs to hire better coaches. and if you need further proof look at a list of players okc and gsw drafted and compare to celts.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ken Griffey Jr
    Both Manning brothers
    Barry bonds
    Klay Thompson
    Brett Hull
    Klay Thompson is better then his father but they both played different positions.. Klay is much shorter then his father and not as physically gifted.. Thomson Sr could jump out of the building son Klay cannot...

All those baseball players you mention were on HGH.. We are talking about NBA and not MLB also..

Manning brothers were probably a little better passing the ball then their father, maybe? Archie was pretty good. I'll give you that one though..

I'd Bet the Manning brothers couldn't out sprint their dad in his prime in a 50 yards dash though if they all matched up.. Archie had wheels and his sons didn't.. The gene pool slowed down in the Manning family.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    lol. ainge was the worst gm in the league before being gifted the big 3. gifted again with the brooklyn deal that gave him picks and he finally learned value of the draft. bob myers and sam presti are best gm's in the league. and it wasn't presti decision to let harden go over 4 million dollars. to keep okc afloat for as long as he has and the turmoil is impressive. just needs to hire better coaches. and if you need further proof look at a list of players okc and gsw drafted and compare to celts.
    Uh.. Ainge inherited that pre-big 3 team. He had Paul Pierce & Antoine Walker who was going broke faster than a speeding bullet.

Presti drafted well -more to being a GM than that. He had a big 3 he could have kept together but he wouldn't give Harden the max because he wanted to keep Ibaka. In any case he lost the two superior parts of that big 3.

Bob Myers? Jerry West more like. Now Jerry West is with the Clippers, and not surprisingly they're making all the great moves. Warriors will sink over the next few years

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Magic was always a quitter and a loser. He destroys everything he touches. He sold his name to many city projects in L.A. but never did a thing to actually organize them. Everyone knows that the NBA is the most overpaid profession in the world. 90% of the players are totally and absolutely worthless.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Magic was always a quitter and a loser. He destroys everything he touches. He sold his name to many city projects in L.A. but never did a thing to actually organize them. Everyone knows that the NBA is the most overpaid profession in the world. 90% of the players are totally and absolutely worthless.
    U sound like you're dying to say the N word.

First 123 Last