Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Who's The Best Player Available In This Year's 2019 NFL Draft?

In your opinion?

No matter the position, who's the best overall player period?

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Bama DT

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Isn't Nick Bosa the consensus best player according to the draft experts.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

Nick Bosa DE Ohio St

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Bosa

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Best player is Bosa, but that does not mean he gets drafted #1.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Bama DT
    Agreed. Quinnen Williams. Hope he falls to the Raiders. Josh Allen, and Bosa in the discussion, but gimme the big fella inside.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Best player is Bosa, but that does not mean he gets drafted #1.
    Murray is going 1, then the big boys on D.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

edge guys are all that yes sure but QB is where the money is at. JJ Watt is a perfect example, they were good and now are a playoff team not because of Watt but because of Watson

Cuse0323

Edge rushers are great, but having a big guy inside is huge. Look at Aaron Donald. Williams can fit that role for whoever takes him. You need a guy in the middle to stuff the run, and command a double team so the edge rushers can get to the QB. I don’t mind Murray at 1 though. Need a playmaker to turn around a franchise. I wouldn’t pass on Quinnen for the edge guys, but I hope they go 2, and 3 for the Raiders sake.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I'll give the nod to Allen, though Williams also is very good. Bosa has issues, and Murray will be an after thought in 5 years.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I'll give the nod to Allen, though Williams also is very good. Bosa has issues, and Murray will be an after thought in 5 years.
    Afterthought? QBs don’t bust very often these days. League is set up for them to succeed and his skill set perfect for the new garbage nfl. He will be exciting and his team will put up plenty of points, might not lead to wins but be exactly the crap nfl wants.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Edge rushers are great, but having a big guy inside is huge. Look at Aaron Donald. Williams can fit that role for whoever takes him. You need a guy in the middle to stuff the run, and command a double team so the edge rushers can get to the QB. I don’t mind Murray at 1 though. Need a playmaker to turn around a franchise. I wouldn’t pass on Quinnen for the edge guys, but I hope they go 2, and 3 for the Raiders sake.
    Only problem drafting Murray 1 is they traded up to draft Rosen last year, lol. Never mind the picks they lost to move up but seems like very little chance they even recoup a 1!! Dumb asses didn’t play their hand very wisely, whole league knows kingsbury wants Murray so they gonna lowball the hell out them for Rosen. Why shouldn’t they since they know cards have to move him. Lol.

Dunno bout anyone “filling” Donald’s role. He pretty unique for a inside guy. Interior definately important but legit big time edge guys harder to find. Let me rephrase, solid interior guys easier to get later and develop into good players, finding a Donald type is harder than finding stud edge guy so if there a Donald type by all means jump.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 04-04-19 at 11:39 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Murray is afraid to get hit. He will not last physically. 5 years tops. Then his legs give out and so does his heart.

2daBank

Murray is afraid to get hit. He will not last physically. 5 years tops. Then his legs give out and so does his heart.
    Could be. If this was a decade + ago I’d totally agree, thing is QBs just don’t get hit all that much anymore. He has another gear very few do so long as he smart (I dunno if he is) and he fears getting hit he will probably be able to avoid taking many shots even when he scrambles. Wilson is obviously physically stronger and better built but don’t see him get hit a whole lot when he runs, Murray much faster and more elusive, kid looks like Reggie bush in the open field.

I have no idea about his heart or desire, until I do I’m not big into questioning that as I think that the ultimate disrespect. I know you follow ncaa football way closer than I do so I don’t doubt you right I just don’t know. I think the skill set should thrive these days, and don’t think the size a big deal. The rest I’ll just have to see.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Only problem drafting Murray 1 is they traded up to draft Rosen last year, lol. Never mind the picks they lost to move up but seems like very little chance they even recoup a 1!! Dumb asses didn’t play their hand very wisely, whole league knows kingsbury wants Murray so they gonna lowball the hell out them for Rosen. Why shouldn’t they since they know cards have to move him. Lol.

Dunno bout anyone “filling” Donald’s role. He pretty unique for a inside guy. Interior definately important but legit big time edge guys harder to find. Let me rephrase, solid interior guys easier to get later and develop into good players, finding a Donald type is harder than finding stud edge guy so if there a Donald type by all means jump.
    Yeah, I’m not saying Quinnen is as good as Donald, just using it as an example of the role he can play. When you have to double inside then the rest of your DLine has a one on one shot. Can chip with the TE, but that’s a lot of effort to stop the rush. That’s what an inside DL can do for ya.

I think you can find them later and develop them. But, they usually end up just clogging the middle and being run stoppers. It’s hard to find a guy who can stop the run, and get to the QB. I think QW can do both. He had a ton of TFL, and a decent amount of sacks. I don’t think edge rushers are that hard to find really. Or maybe they’re just not as important to me as you can convert any OLB into an edge rusher. Finding that guy in the middle is huge to me.

Cuse0323

Don’t care enough about Murray and the #1 pick to go into detail on that.

2daBank

Yeah, I’m not saying Quinnen is as good as Donald, just using it as an example of the role he can play. When you have to double inside then the rest of your DLine has a one on one shot. Can chip with the TE, but that’s a lot of effort to stop the rush. That’s what an inside DL can do for ya.

I think you can find them later and develop them. But, they usually end up just clogging the middle and being run stoppers. It’s hard to find a guy who can stop the run, and get to the QB. I think QW can do both. He had a ton of TFL, and a decent amount of sacks. I don’t think edge rushers are that hard to find really. Or maybe they’re just not as important to me as you can convert any OLB into an edge rusher. Finding that guy in the middle is huge to me.
    I agree interior guy is hugely importanf but the ones who own the LOS and eat up 2 blockers not as rare as all world edge guys. DT’s that can legit rush passer in that category as well. I just don’t know if guy you talking bout is. I really don’t see much of many guys in college., I don’t have many fall saturdays free to watch all day.

Cuse0323

I agree interior guy is hugely importanf but the ones who own the LOS and eat up 2 blockers not as rare as all world edge guys. DT’s that can legit rush passer in that category as well. I just don’t know if guy you talking bout is. I really don’t see much of many guys in college., I don’t have many fall saturdays free to watch all day.
    Yeah, who knows. Probably why Bosa, and Allen are projected ahead of him. They are proven edge rushers. I’m taking my chance on the next big thing in the middle.

2daBank

Yeah, who knows. Probably why Bosa, and Allen are projected ahead of him. They are proven edge rushers. I’m taking my chance on the next big thing in the middle.
    Really depends on teams need.

LT Profits

Murray is going 1, then the big boys on D.
    Right, that is what I was implying.

LT Profits

At least Murray could bolt for baseball at any time.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

outside of obvious QB importance, pass rush (and specifically outside rush) is by far the next most important position/function. i think aaron donald is a bit of an outlier.

i think the "best" player can come from a less-valued position like tailback or safety.

Cuse0323

Patriots kept Wilfork forever and shipped guys in and out like Chandler Jones, and Flowers for a reason. Edge is easier to find, but just as important.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Patriots kept Wilfork forever and shipped guys in and out like Chandler Jones, and Flowers for a reason. Edge is easier to find, but just as important.
    i definitely agree that edge rusher height/weight is pretty common characteristic whereas highly athletic 300 lb is rare....... and i've read so many times that SEC's biggest advantage over the other conferences is giant, fast defensive linemen. i take that to mean more the interior than exterior.

in fact, so many edge rushers seem to be at the top of mock drafts that i wonder if teams aren't differentiating quality enough. i.e. can't you get almost the same pass rusher in 2nd round as taking the 6th best one at #5 or something like that.

to me, you still need some special players regardless of position. they rub off on the other players

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Nick Bosa. The Bosa's have access to equipoise also their dad is a "member of the club"

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

tim tebow

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    Bama DT

This is what many 'experts' believe

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

greedy williams

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tough to say

Defensive studs usually hold up in NFL and help teams win

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    tough to say

Defensive studs usually hold up in NFL and help teams win

Not when the Buccaneers draft them

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Really depends on teams need.
    Absolutely correct, and with Arizona needing so much, they would be foolish to even use the #1 pick. Trade it to a team that is just goofy enough to want Murray but has a lot of draft picks to give away. A team noted for it's utter stupidity at the draft table. Listening, Oakland Raiders? The #1 pick for the #4 and 27 has to be tempting for Arizona and is the correct way to rebuild a team that needs help in nearly every position.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Kyler Murray is the best player. That he also plays at the most valuable position makes him an easy #1 overall pick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    Kyler Murray is the best player. That he also plays at the most valuable position makes him an easy #1 overall pick.

every nfl expert agrees

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Jj you both absolutely suck

12 Last