ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Panthers/Capitals rigged

Why were the caps who have everything to play for seeding wise -120 (opened -135) vs an eliminated Panthers team playing only for personal goals at an arena where there were more washington than fla fans. 73% were on the caps, and just on paper they should have been -200. Even Jeremy Roenick on NBCS said there's absolutely no reason the caps should lose to Florida....
    So why did the line open so low and close even lower? Then fla gets out to a 4-0 lead, absolutely dominating the game before "letting" Wash get 3 late ones to make it look close, only to finish them off 5-3 with the empty netter.

I'm not one of the online poker rigtards but something sure did smell awfully stinky tonight.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Washington likely rested many of their star players. Just as the flames are doing tonight and are only -115 at LA.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Ovi, oshie, backstrom, hagelin orpik... they all played, not one reg sat. Only thing was copely started instead of holtby

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Ovi, oshie, backstrom, hagelin orpik... they all played, not one reg sat. Only thing was copely started instead of holtby
    Oh, well then idk.

Standard players in, sagarin NHL has Capitals -110 juice free. Eigenvector analysis has Capitals -140. Put in backup goalie, line gets slightly worse most likely.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obvious letdown spot for Washington after the big win against Tampa, stupid thread.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Florida won all 3 games against the Capitals on the season, with tonight's win.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Obvious letdown spot for Washington after the big win against Tampa, stupid thread.
    Stupid thread? Every playoff team, esp a div leader has been -200 or more every game against an eliminated team in the last 2 weeks...not to mention line close 15 cents closer to even money..Give me one example idiot where it wasn't. Win over Tampa didn't mean squat, Tampa has the president locked up. Do you know anything about hockey?

thomorino

Stupid thread? Every playoff team, esp a div leader has been -200 or more every game against an eliminated team in the last 2 weeks...not to mention line close 15 cents closer to even money..Give me one example idiot where it wasn't. Win over Tampa didn't mean squat, Tampa has the president locked up. Do you know anything about hockey?
    Moron, Washington has been -120 to -140 on the road the whole year, this price was normal, they were -125 on the road against Philadelphia 2 weeks ago, get a clue.

thomorino

And not that I care but in addition to it being an obvious letdown spot off the Tampa win, Washington was at the end of the road trip and Florida has been playing well for 3 straight games now.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Btw I'm not saying I expected washington to win, im saying I expected the line to be where it wasn't. With 73% of the money on a -120 division leader vs an eliminated opponent, books would have taken a blood bath if Washington was 'right'. Instead every square parlay got shot up, just as apparently planned.

-135 to -120 with 73% the opposite way. I don't care who you are, nobody was betting Florida at this price because no one's model would have had Florida at +100. The only way you took Florida is if you were taking a flyer on the steam.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Moron, Washington has been -120 to -140 on the road the whole year, this price was normal, they were -125 on the road against Philadelphia 2 weeks ago, get a clue.
    2 weeks ago philly was right there. Does not pertain to the argument whatsoever. And I'm not talking about all year. I'm talking about playoff and top teams against eliminated teams.

thomorino

Btw I'm not saying I expected washington to win, im saying I expected the line to be where it wasn't. With 73% of the money on a -120 division leader vs an eliminated opponent, books would have taken a blood bath if Washington was 'right'. Instead every square parlay got shot up, just as apparently planned.

-135 to -120 with 73% the opposite way. I don't care who you are, nobody was betting Florida at this price because no one's model would have had Florida at +100. The only way you took Florida is if you were taking a flyer on the steam.
    Not that I care but Washington has been undervalued on the road all year, the books charge a premium to bet them at home and they have basically the same home and road record.

thomorino

Florida has been a better team than Philadelphia most of the year, Washington was the same price on the road against Philadelphia - who cares if Florida has been eliminated they are still playing hard, they've now won 3 straight.

hotcross

Washington has been a bizarre road dog many times this season also. And won most of those.

Working back from recent....

+165 March 30 at Tampa - win
    +118 March 28 at Carolina - win
    +140 Feb. 20 at Toronto - win
    +146 Feb. 16 at San Jose - win
    +127 Jan.10 at Boston - win
    +110 Dec.8 at Columbus - win
    +100 Nov.19 at Montreal - win
    +140 Nov.16 at Colorado - win
    +130 Nov.13 at Minnesota - win
    +100 Oct.27 at Calgary - win

Obviously not including all their road games, but I was confused more than a couple times by those odds.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm just simply stating that joe public has been on every -200 or greater fave over the last 2 weeks and Vegas knows this when they set the line. Why would Vegas set this line so low knowing Joe P would be all over it, even if it was -200? What made this game different for Vegas to say gee, we better set this line low so we dont get killed on panther money at big + odds...lol what?? No way.

The avg joe p that has minimal knowledge of hockey is just looking at the numbers on paper and is taking wash almost every time. I truly believe something like 65% of the money still would have been on wash if the line was -200.

hotcross

but using the similar type logic you just outlined, what was up all the games Washington were road dogs, sometimes pretty substantially?

I tell you what I think it is... they don't know... have no clue the outcome... lines generated by computer stats.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Why does it have to be rigged because the bad team tried?

Seems like you think whenever a inferior team wins it is rigged? Seems to me that couldn’t be further from the truth!!

Or is it whenever team you pick loses it is rigged?

Also curious why you think caps have “everything” to play for? If they in the playoffs then it not as crucial as you making it out to be. Doesn’t matter what seed you are, all that matters is you get In the playoffs, the rest is for other ppl to worry about it seems.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    but using the similar type logic you just outlined, what was up all the games Washington were road dogs, sometimes pretty substantially?

I tell you what I think it is... they don't know... have no clue the outcome... lines generated by computer stats.
    Of course they don’t know. Ppl be acting like the line is somehow a indicator of what the outcome will be which has that little problem that nobody knows the outcome before it played! Is it being suggested oddsmakers teamed up w biff tannen and have a back to future almanac?? Lol

2daBank

A “bloodbath” ? How much you really think is getting bet on some random meaningless hockey game at each book?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Why does it have to be rigged because the bad team tried?

Seems like you think whenever a inferior team wins it is rigged? Seems to me that couldn’t be further from the truth!!

Or is it whenever team you pick loses it is rigged?

Also curious why you think caps have “everything” to play for? If they in the playoffs then it not as crucial as you making it out to be. Doesn’t matter what seed you are, all that matters is you get In the playoffs, the rest is for other ppl to worry about it seems.
    Once again, in the last 2 weeks or so, every top team or playoff team playing against an eliminated team has been around -200, some even -300 and -400...what made this game different? That was the point of the thread. It doesn't matter who won. LOL of course the seeding matters. Having home ice for more than one round is huge. The isles are right on their heels. Surely they don't want to lose the #1 seed in their division and end up having to play the pens in the 1st round?

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post

Again I'm only talking about the last few weeks. They were never a road dog against a non-playoff team.

2daBank

Once again, in the last 2 weeks or so, every top team or playoff team playing against an eliminated team has been around -200, some even -300 and -400...what made this game different? That was the point of the thread. It doesn't matter who won. LOL of course the seeding matters. Having home ice for more than one round is huge. The isles are right on their heels. Surely they don't want to lose the #1 seed in their division and end up having to play the pens in the 1st round?
    I don’t think it matters much. If you gonna go far in the playoffs you gonna have to win some road games.

thomorino

Not that I care you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about Washington has not been -200 on the road against bad teams all year. I follow the Capitals closely because I have money on them to win the Division,Eastern Conference, and the Cup. The capitols have been -120 to -135 on the road against bad teams all year - I've been betting them on the road all year and winning these bets.

Just shut up and listen, you keep repeating incorrect and stupid information.

thomorino

And not that I care but, again, you don't understand betting basics. Capitols at the end of a road trip and off their biggest regular season win in a clear letdown spot, obvious good spot for Florida, a team that had won 2 straight and has been playing hard even despite being eliminated from the playoffs.

2daBank

Not that I care you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about Washington has not been -200 on the road against bad teams all year. I follow the Capitals closely because I have money on them to win the Division,Eastern Conference, and the Cup. The capitols have been -120 to -135 on the road against bad teams all year - I've been betting them on the road all year and winning these bets.

Just shut up and listen, you keep repeating incorrect and stupid information.
    Coming from the guy who says “player x will want to get off to a strong start”, as if anyone doesnt want that! Lmfao.

Pot meet kettle. Thermaflu

Big hug

thomorino

And if that's not enough, not that I care, but Florida has a better home record than Washington has a road record.

thomorino

Coming from the guy who says “player x will want to get off to a strong start”, as if anyone doesnt want that! Lmfao.

Pot meet kettle. Thermaflu

Big hug
    You're a broke dumbfuk who disappeared because his 10 dollar bankroll went bust - get lost.

thomorino

And not that I care but the point was Archer has a higher ceiling than Wainwright, so if both pitchers come out strong the Archer would pitch better - he did. Aren't you still arguing Carlos Martinez is an ace - you don't know dik about anything.

2daBank

You're a broke dumbfuk who disappeared because his 10 dollar bankroll went bust - get lost.
    Lmfao. You a pussy who acts rude on the net cause girls beat you up in real life.

hotcross

Again I'm only talking about the last few weeks. They were never a road dog against a non-playoff team.
    They were road dogs against Carolina and Columbus (in Feb) before that, when neither team was technically in the playoffs.

I wouldn't expect the defending champs to be dogs as often as they were this year.

Besides, Florida plays well against them for some reason. 3-0 this year and 2-1 last year.

2daBank

And not that I care but the point was Archer has a higher ceiling than Wainwright, so if both pitchers come out strong the Archer would pitch better - he did. Aren't you still arguing Carlos Martinez is an ace - you don't know dik about anything.
    I know you wouldn’t say a rude remark to any one of us face to face. Little coward.

thomorino

Lmfao. You a pussy who acts rude on the net cause girls beat you up in real life.
    You're a broke pussy who talks tough because he can't even get his 1 inch dik up, you wouldn't last 2 minutes as a tough guy.

2daBank

You're a broke pussy who talks tough because he can't even get his 1 inch dik up, you wouldn't last 2 minutes as a tough guy.
    Lmao, you nobody. I made thermaflu get his little Panties in a bunch.

thomorino

2dabitch, forum clown who disappears every time he goes a on a losing streak and his 2 dollar bankroll goes bust.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

The Panthers have been playing good hockey recently and it was a letdown for the Caps after beating the Lightning. Stop.