Ferrari355
    Ferrari355's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Betlabs

Does anyone here use betlabs? Does anyone know if the information they provide about books handle is real data?

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

dude you keep trying to imagine somehow that you can read the lines like candle charts. betting is about building a fair line and turning that into a slight edge. there are no shortcuts. I tell friends, forum members and they still insist they can win with the price of rice, the last 10 trends, how many people bet on each side, if its cold outside and none of that stuff will give you an edge.

if you think you can cap do 2 things and if you can do them consistently in volume and over the long term, you might slightly win

1 look at scheduled games of whatever sport you are into that do not have any lines out yet and create your own lines and IF your lines you make are very very close to the closing lines you got something
    2 adjust for weather and injuries, take a guy Like Anthony Davis or Lebron James and make a line with and without him and if you can get a very closed adjusted line with injuries or player additions coming back from long term injury, you are onto something and MIGHT win.

if you can do these 2 things you can win. any other way of picking winners is flipping coins
    I think Nadal will win is not enough or the Pats will blowout the Rams is not enough to win long term.

this shit is tough and people that do it for a real living and not drunk short timers, they stare at excel all day and create models and modify models all day, that is this job.
    and if you are not into it for a job and only want to bet recreational, cool call some hookers and bet 100 bucks on the Packers and crack open beers.

Ferrari355

What does this have to to with my question? I really don’t get it.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Bet Labs is Sports Insights so by all accounts those numbers are real. Are they the entire handle of all bets everywhere? No.

Ferrari355

What I don’t understand is why would any book share that info with a third party? (Betlabs)

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Sports Insights is the only site to trust for public betting data because that is the reason for its existence, so yes Bet Labs is accurate.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari355 View Post
    What I don’t understand is why would any book share that info with a third party? (Betlabs)
    Bet Labs is owned by Sports Insights, which actually pays books to gain access to selected data, which is why they have precise ticket count data.

Ferrari355

Hey LT! Would you know why a book would release that sensitive info even if they are getting paid? I can’t see sports insights paying so much it would be worth it for the books.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Where are you guys going to realize it doesn’t mean anything

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Probably not worth the investment.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

it goes like this I have actually done market making and have also used the api to pull old bettor data

a game gets 10000 on it
    1000 is random 5-20 dollar bets
    6000 is on the favorite 100-500 dollar bets
    3000 is one or two big wagers on the dog
    and this is the way it is over and over and over and over

at least on the exchange if the game is say -5 at -110 most people take -4.5 for -115 or -4 at -122

and I really guess, but I bet if you traced those funds to the source it would be 90% of the time very close to the favorites home area bettors for the favorite bets. They have been gathering betting data a long time, humans dont just all of sudden change.

you better believe that is the Pats are playing the Jets and the line is -14, this is the pattern that will come out.

and guess what this data means, nothing it is the psych of the betting public and if you create any system or find anything in common it is purely 100% noise.
    Last edited by danshan11; 01-30-19 at 03:26 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    it goes like this I have actually done market making and have also used the api to pull old bettor data

a game gets 10000 on it
    1000 is random 5-20 dollar bets
    6000 is on the favorite 100-500 dollar bets
    3000 is one or two big wagers on the dog
    and this is the way it is over and over and over and over

at least on the exchange if the game is say -5 at -110 most people take -5.5 for -115 or -6 at -122

and I really guess, but I bet if you traced those funds to the source it would be 90% of the time very close to the favorites home area bettors for the favorite bets. They have been gathering betting data a long time, humans dont just all of sudden change.

you better believe that is the Pats are playing the Jets and the line is -14, this is the pattern that will come out.

and guess what this data means, nothing it is the psych of the betting public and if you create any system or find anything in common it is purely 100% noise.
    strong post

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Where are you guys going to realize it doesn’t mean anything