bettingman6
    bettingman6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

Are you a square if you try to beat the vig but fail?

A vast majority of sports bettors use barely any effort. They basically pick who they bet for based on their gut feeling or what the ESPN talking heads say. If they're slightly less of a square than most bettors, they might take a look at the Sagarin or Pomeroy ratings. Then of course there's the ultimate square- a person who simply bets for their favorite teams, regardless of how ridiculous the betting line might be.

Most people on this forum are a little different- we make an effort to do our research, discuss injuries of obscure offensive linemen, and we try to beat the vig. However, a vast majority of people on this forum still lose money on sports betting, no matter how hard we try.

So, can SBR posters be described as squares? Or is a square somebody who makes no effort?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

I used to be a square back in the day as I lived the Pipe dream that I could beat this game. Learned that was a fallacy. Most lose as the odds are against you. If you bet for entertainment purposes only, have some fun, and do not get that hurt money wise more power to you. If you are an addict, losing more than you should, and chasing the Pipe dream one is in for a rude awakening. That is my take. GL.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

go big or go home mentality

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

squares do not shop for lines
    1 book
    gullible
    bet too much per bet/bankroll size
    mainly favs
    parlays

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Squares laugh at a 3c scalp

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

if you dont beat the juice you can call yourself whatever you want but you are not going to be a winning bettor