RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by snider View Post
    lol definitely rare. The best one i ever won on was ASU double digit favorite scoring tds both offensively and defensively in overtime. Hadnt seen that again.
    I remember that well, had ASU.

There were 2’s out there on this game,

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    As a gambler you just want to give the guy a hug, had Seahawks but that would of hurt feel bad for anyone who got fd up the ass from that

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Actually, it is one of the worst beats of all time, because no football team will ever go for 2 points down by 4.....unless their kicker is hurt. It took miraculous events which never ever happen for Seattle to cover that game.
    Still not one of the worst beats of all time. A bad beat for sure, but nowhere near an all timer. And I did not bet the spread. I've seen quite a few games where the kicker has gotten hurt. I wouldn't call it a "miraculous event."

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Still not one of the worst beats of all time. A bad beat for sure, but nowhere near an all timer. And I did not bet the spread. I've seen quite a few games where the kicker has gotten hurt. I wouldn't call it a "miraculous event."
    I think it was because there wasn't a thought in my elsewhere I could win the bet, seen some games kicker get hurts but they always still kick the extra pt with someone else even if the guy misses

tbill1
    tbill1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9237

I once lost a bet on an onside kick in the last seconds of a game...The football bounced perfectly to a player on the receiving team who ran it back untouched for a TD.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    As a gambler you just want to give the guy a hug, had Seahawks but that would of hurt feel bad for anyone who got fd up the ass from that

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by tbill1 View Post
    I once lost a bet on an onside kick in the last seconds of a game...The football bounced perfectly to a player on the receiving team who ran it back untouched for a TD.
    Yup. I lost a game like that once too. I can't remember which team I bet on, but I know the game involved the Colts.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Onside kicks don't work anymore. Waste of time. I think I remember the announcers saying it works 8% of the time. I don't remember one working this year.

They should tweak the rule or nix it all together.. Come up with something else.

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Onside kicks don't work anymore. Waste of time. I think I remember the announcers saying it works 8% of the time. I don't remember one working this year.

They should tweak the rule or nix it all together.. Come up with something else.
    Parkey of Chicago has converted something like 30%

Seattles punter punted the ball....that was no onside. He'd have been better off trying to drill someone with it and hope they didn't catch it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    Parkey of Chicago has converted something like 30%

Seattles punter punted the ball....that was no onside. He'd have been better off trying to drill someone with it and hope they didn't catch it
    True that. I think the punter was trying to onside kick it with that drop kick crap and just misses kicking the tip of the ball, he hit in the middle and it went sailing.. I do count that as an onside kick attempt.. It just failed miserably JTS..

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

On the topic of worst beats ever, for me nothing will top Michigan vs Michigan State, all Michigan has to do is punt the football and the game is over. Instead, punter fumbles the punt, then tries to punt it anyway, gets blocked, and MSU runs the ball back for a TD as the game expires. That will never ever happen again. So in terms of 1 in a million bad beats, that is it.

A kicker getting hurt and a team going for 2 is rare, but it'll happen from time to time I guess

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    On the topic of worst beats ever, for me nothing will top Michigan vs Michigan State, all Michigan has to do is punt the football and the game is over. Instead, punter fumbles the punt, then tries to punt it anyway, gets blocked, and MSU runs the ball back for a TD as the game expires. That will never ever happen again. So in terms of 1 in a million bad beats, that is it.

A kicker getting hurt and a team going for 2 is rare, but it'll happen from time to time I guess
    Ohio St vs Northwestern from some years back was a punch to the gut and a kick to the balls. I forget the exact scenario but I think NW had a turnover last play of the game or overtime and the recovery by the Buckeyes destroyed anyone with a NW ticket.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Ohio St vs Northwestern from some years back was a punch to the gut and a kick to the balls. I forget the exact scenario but I think NW had a turnover last play of the game or overtime and the recovery by the Buckeyes destroyed anyone with a NW ticket.
    I remember sportscenter on that one. When the ball was out in the endzone the sportscenter guys were yelling "cover it cover it" with the dial meaning of covering the fumbled ball and the spread at the same time.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I remember sportscenter on that one. When the ball was out in the endzone the sportscenter guys were yelling "cover it cover it" with the dial meaning of covering the fumbled ball and the spread at the same time.

That ball traveled back like 15-20 yards if not more into the end zone. Brutal loss.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave convick 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First ... 10111213