Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

NFL needs to change their drug rules already.

If a player tests positive for marijuana and the team feels it's affecting his play.....Then that team can cut him if they wish. That's it. Make that the rule. If it doesn't affect his play.......Who cares if a player is smoking pot????

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    If a player tests positive for marijuana and the team feels it's affecting his play.....Then that team can cut him if they wish. That's it. Make that the rule. If it doesn't affect his play.......Who cares if a player is smoking pot????
    I totally agree..... was this the Josh Gordon thing? God, I hope all this hype isn't just from him smoking a little weed.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    I totally agree..... was this the Josh Gordon thing? God, I hope all this hype isn't just from him smoking a little weed.
    He can't cope without smoking weed. So let him smoke weed.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Pot is not a performance enhancing drug and is legal in some states and all of Canada.
    Old men still call the shots........too bad.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

There is news that the players are likely to collective bargain for a rule change on marijuana.

Remember that no information has been released concerning Gordon's latest suspension.
    He is on record as a drug user of all sorts and may have even just refused to be tested.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

It wasn't just weed in Gordon's case though. This came from a 2017 interview (I found the quote thanks to djimbob on the pats reddit), "I’ve used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I’m from,” Gordon says. “It’s what I grew up using.”

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

The players won't hold out for weed. It's only a few Josh Gordon's. The rest could care less about it or smoke it during the off season

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It leads to heroin

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It leads to heroin
    So do the Cowboys on the road in Indianapolis.

looneytunes67
    looneytunes67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

Who cares? The owners. The owners are in the business of selling entertainment in the form of football. Duh...Right? Anything that could negatively impact the revenue generated through football is a big NO NO. Those big time sponsors do not want their products associated with bad boys or at least not to the extreme. The owners and Roger Goodell have enough problems with these players.......beating their wives/girlfriends .....DUI's......weapons charges, etc. Not punishing a player who tests positive for ganja just adds to the current problems.

The NFL is trying to expand its product with more games overseas next year with 4 in London, and 1 in Mexico.

It's all about the money. And anything that interferes with the money machine will be dealt with.

What Really cracks me up with some fans is after a game you will see the players , even division rivals, shake hands , laughing. Some fans think they should spit in each other's faces. LOL! The players understand better than the fans it's all about the money and the next contract.....and trying to get as much guaranteed money as possible. Any player these days who would take a hometown discount and stay with his current team is a fool of epic proportions.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Ya, send the kids a message. Get high, fuk rules, we will just change them to enable junkies to play if you are good enough to make a roster.

If millions of dollars and fame can't make you stop smoking weed for a few years then fuk you, you are a loser anyways.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

yes. much like prohibition, years from now it will be looked at as how silly we were to have such a stance on marijuana. if it's not a ped that gives you an unfair advantage, who gives a fukk. i remember as a kid in the 80's thinking it was a big deal when an nba player got busted for using cocaine only to later learn everybody young and rich in the 80's was doing cocaine. it's all perception.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If they are going to get Josh Gordan with a NFL Substance Abuse issue....

Then they better start checking Testosterone levels in players....

If they did this..... they'd lose 100 players easily.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by looneytunes67 View Post
    Who cares? The owners. The owners are in the business of selling entertainment in the form of football. Duh...Right? Anything that could negatively impact the revenue generated through football is a big NO NO. Those big time sponsors do not want their products associated with bad boys or at least not to the extreme. The owners and Roger Goodell have enough problems with these players.......beating their wives/girlfriends .....DUI's......weapons charges, etc. Not punishing a player who tests positive for ganja just adds to the current problems.

The NFL is trying to expand its product with more games overseas next year with 4 in London, and 1 in Mexico.

It's all about the money. And anything that interferes with the money machine will be dealt with.

What Really cracks me up with some fans is after a game you will see the players , even division rivals, shake hands , laughing. Some fans think they should spit in each other's faces. LOL! The players understand better than the fans it's all about the money and the next contract.....and trying to get as much guaranteed money as possible. Any player these days who would take a hometown discount and stay with his current team is a fool of epic proportions.
    unless you happen to like the team you are on and the area in which you are living. what they don't care about is winning over getting another contract albeit hometown discount or somewhere else.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Need rules

Thank You NFL

One less thug and more viewers

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

He's done , he chose weed over his career . Just like many others , time to Pay up .
    College - 2 known failed test
    This is from Baylor that was in complete shambles at the time
    Pro - isn't this his 5th ?
    That's 7 fukkin chances , 75% of us don't get the 2nd chance by our employer . You fail where I work , walked right out , then and there .
    Last edited by Slipknot26; 12-21-18 at 02:03 PM.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If they are going to get Josh Gordan with a NFL Substance Abuse issue....

Then they better start checking Testosterone levels in players....

If they did this..... they'd lose 100 players easily.
    You mean 100 % of players.
    Does anybody think a guy is 6' 1" tall, weigh 280 Lbs, run the 40 in 5.4, and can bench a Volkswagen Beetle because " he must work out..." LOL. I don't think so.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Nfl pushes prescription opiates on their players, weed gets in way of that.. sums up society as a whole, thankfully that is starting to change, unfortunately just slower than it should be!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    You mean 100 % of players.
    Does anybody think a guy is 6' 1" tall, weigh 280 Lbs, run the 40 in 5.4, and can bench a Volkswagen Beetle because " he must work out..." LOL. I don't think so.
    I love juice!! Dying to do a cycle myself!!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My best friend works for Direct TV, if he trips over some shit on the basement steps of a cistomer's house and gets hurt requiring medical attention, he has to take a drug test. If he tests positive for marijuana that he smoked 2 weeks ago, he loses his job. Same thing if he gets into an accident.

So why should we change the rules for high paid athletes, but not for the every day working man?

If I am the owner of a billion dollar team, I want all of my players on the field clean and sober.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My best friend works for Direct TV, if he trips over some shit on the basement steps of a cistomer's house and gets hurt requiring medical attention, he has to take a drug test. If he tests positive for marijuana that he smoked 2 weeks ago, he loses his job. Same thing if he gets into an accident.

So why should we change the rules for high paid athletes, but not for the every day working man?

If I am the owner of a billion dollar team, I want all of my players on the field clean and sober.
    Who said they shouldn’t be changed for everyone? Those rules are outdated and stupid, just another way for piece of shit company’s to screw the common man. Guy works his ass off making them money then he gets hurt and company/insurance does everything in power to fukk him over.

Slipknot26

I agree with outdated but they aren't and he knew it .
    The youngster got 4 chances after failing the NFL test . He gets to his last one and does nothing .
    Weed is way easier to stop than Oxy , Dauladid , any pain pills .
    If they change it sure but just stupid on his part .

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Then the players who make minimum salary or practice squad players would become dope sellers to the ones making millions. Imagine being a coach and going into the meeting room and it stinks like a Cheech and Chong movie set and no one is focused to learn the playbook.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 12-21-18 at 05:14 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Then the players who make minimum salary or practice squad players would become dope sellers to the ones making millions. Imagine being a coach and going into the meeting room and it stinks likes a Cheech and Ching movie set and no one is focused to learn the playbook.
    There are guys that are confused and don't know how to run the proper routes now, can you imagine what it will look like when they are out there stoned?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There are guys that are confused and don't know how to run the proper routes now, can you imagine what it will look like when they are out there stoned?
    Exactly. I would like to be in the daily meetings where all the players are legally stoned.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29814

The NFL needs to remove greenies, speed and adderall from the banned substances list.
    Games would be more exciting.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Alcohol is legal, but they don't come to work drunk. its not like they would be smoking on the practice field lol.

Slipknot26

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Alcohol is legal, but they don't come to work drunk. its not like they would be smoking on the practice field lol.
    I'll guarantee you players are high , how high would be the question .
    Need to watch the HBO special ex NFL player , his 105lb wife had to pick him up out of the bed daily due to not being able to on his own . That's the majority of these guys after their career , especially OL and DL with knees shot and surgery after surgery .
    No telling how many take pain pills , imagine most do . Daily , off field , practice and games .
    That's why I say how high ? But those are Dr prescribed, so not an issue but most are worse on your body than weed over thought about being . That's why Big Pharma will fight it to the end legalizing federally . Hundreds of billions per year , got every party affiliations pockets line for laws / bills to help them .