VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

NFL players with brain trauma receive notice of settlements stripped to nothing

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/23/nfl-players-family-members-settlement/1736602002/

Just one paragraph tells the story:

Money that the former players or their family members had counted on will instead, for now, remain in the NFL’s settlement fund or will be redirected to insurance companies, lawyers, credit card companies or others who have placed a lien on the awards in an effort to secure a piece of the payout.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I see both side's argument in all of this.

The NFL has more than enough money to take care of their former players who have suffered brain trauma.

Buy then again, these players chose their profession just like everyone else does.

I personally don't think it's comparable to for example, employees working at a factory who was unknowingly exposed to something cancer-causing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I see both side's argument in all of this.

The NFL has more than enough money to take care of their former players who have suffered brain trauma.

Buy then again, these players chose their profession just like everyone else does.

I personally don't think it's comparable to for example, employees working at a factory who was unknowingly exposed to something cancer-causing.
    Spot on Hman...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

All they did was put more money in the lawyers pockets.