1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,671
    Betpoints: 23

    Im sorry Manning is not a Hall of Famer

    If he does I would think hes going to be the worst quarterback that ever got in and only getting it because of his name
    Points Awarded:

    ChuckyTheGoat gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  2. #2
    Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-20-17
    Posts: 7,749
    Betpoints: 415

    He covered against Pats
    Thats all that matters chief

  3. #3
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 11,328
    Betpoints: 12337

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If he does I would think he’s going to be the worst quarterback that ever got in and only getting it because of his name
    Hope you're talking about Eli.

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 417 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 159 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  4. #4
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,671
    Betpoints: 23

    Eli

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  5. #5
    Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-05-17
    Posts: 667

    Agree just look at his numbers over his career. When's the last time he made the playoffs? His defense won those superbowls. Couple lucky throws big deal

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 208 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 349 pts


  6. #6
    7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 815
    Betpoints: 72

    He would be the first multi superbowl winning QB to not go in.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/11/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    5-0-0 688 pts


  7. #7
    Chi_archie
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 50,584
    Betpoints: 57

    led the league in INTs more than a few times

    BTP
    Week 5
    3-2-0 223 pts


  8. #8
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 40,186

    Every slow footed QB is a hall of famer if they have a good running game and OL that can REALLY block for them.. Need a good receiving core also and good play calling by the Offensive Coordinator...

    Alot of factors do factor in.. The average football fan doesn't think all these factors in.. Troy Aikman was awesome because he had a GREAT OL and hall of fame running back in emmit smith..

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 147 pts


  9. #9
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 3,923
    Betpoints: 1885

    Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Agree just look at his numbers over his career. When's the last time he made the playoffs? His defense won those superbowls. Couple lucky throws big deal
    he WON those playoff games going into each sb. and stared down the goat twice. you can't diminish what he did in those 2 runs based on his lack of regular season success. Terry Bradshaw is in because of the four titles. eli won twice against possibly the best dynasty in nfl history. he will be in because of that.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 197 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 312 pts


  10. #10
    pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 61,089

    They gave him two great weapons in Beckham and Backley and he can't do shiite.

    BTP
    Week 6
    5-0-0 632 pts


  11. #11
    Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-05-17
    Posts: 667

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    he WON those playoff games going into each sb. and stared down the goat twice. you can't diminish what he did in those 2 runs based on his lack of regular season success. Terry Bradshaw is in because of the four titles. eli won twice against possibly the best dynasty in nfl history. he will be in because of that.
    Terry Bradshaw might be a top 10 qb of all time. Don't disrespect him like that. Eli not close to the qb Terry was

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 208 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 349 pts


  12. #12
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 3,923
    Betpoints: 1885

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Every slow footed QB is a hall of famer if they have a good running game and OL that can REALLY block for them.. Need a good receiving core also and good play calling by the Offensive Coordinator...

    Alot of factors do factor in.. The average football fan doesn't think all these factors in.. Troy Aikman was awesome because he had a GREAT OL and hall of fame running back in emmit smith..

    no offense, but that statement is pure ignorance. nfl is about making timely plays to win games against near evenly matched teams physically. 4th quarter is when that means the most. some guys have special ability to make plays when it matters and others don't. the qb is the most important player on the field and the others make him better, not make him great.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 197 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 312 pts


  13. #13
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 3,923
    Betpoints: 1885

    Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Terry Bradshaw might be a top 10 qb of all time. Don't disrespect him like that. Eli not close to the qb Terry was
    he's not even no 1 in pittsburgh.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 197 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 312 pts


  14. #14
    gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-06
    Posts: 4,969
    Betpoints: 280

    I don't like Eli but if Aikman is in he should be also.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-1-1 309 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 150 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 305 pts


  15. #15
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 40,186

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    no offense, but that statement is pure ignorance. nfl is about making timely plays to win games against near evenly matched teams physically. 4th quarter is when that means the most. some guys have special ability to make plays when it matters and others don't. the qb is the most important player on the field and the others make him better, not make him great.
    I always thought dominating the line of scrimmage is everything in this game on both sides of the ball is most important.. No offense taken. I know this sport.. Play action pass is huge also if you have a good running game. That's big for QB play... Freezes the D rush and gives time to pass.

    Been watching this game for 40 years.. I learned a few things or two..

    Tom Brady always had pass protection and good play calling..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-11-18 at 09:01 PM.

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 147 pts


  16. #16
    Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-05-17
    Posts: 667

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    he's not even no 1 in pittsburgh.
    Stop it

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 208 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 349 pts


  17. #17
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 3,923
    Betpoints: 1885

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I always thought dominating the line of scrimmage is everything in this game on both sides of the ball is most important.. No offense taken. I know this sport.. Play action pass is huge also if you have a good running game. That's big for QB play... Freezes the D rush and gives time to pass.

    Been watching this game for 40 years.. I learned a few things or two..

    Tom Brady always had pass protection and good play calling..
    check Brady's release time compared to others. he is a perfectionist that can diagnose a play and make reads as quick as possible. Peyton was very similar. Peyton had a psyche that could be rattled in big games. Brady has a hunger to play in big games.

    BTP
    Week 6
    3-2-0 197 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 312 pts


  18. #18
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-27-10
    Posts: 19,348

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    he's not even no 1 in pittsburgh.
    Agree, He really didn't have to do much. He had a lot of people playing around him that were on a different level than he was.

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 402 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    2-2-1 82 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 301 pts


  19. #19
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 40,186

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    check Brady's release time compared to others. he is a perfectionist that can diagnose a play and make reads as quick as possible. Peyton was very similar. Peyton had a psyche that could be rattled in big games. Brady has a hunger to play in big games.
    Quick release and quick processing and decision making are big.. I agree there. Reps and timing drills with receivers in practice are everything with stationary QB's.... Many factors factor in with a dialed in offense...

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 147 pts


  20. #20
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 24,285
    Betpoints: 31

    Hes one of the most inconsistent of all time. Can look like a superstar one game, and complete crap the next. Hes a lock for the HOF though. Cant see how they could possibly leave him out. And Im far from a Giants or Eli fan. The opposite actually.

  21. #21
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 23,617
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    I don't like Eli but if Aikman is in he should be also.
    Aikman was better than Eli. In todays league he would have better stats.
    But yeah, when Aikman got in, a lot
    of guys said it was only his teams
    that carried him.

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-1-1 258 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 137 pts


  22. #22
    eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-08
    Posts: 7,756
    Betpoints: 384

    This is how you can beat the GOAT:

    1:14




    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-2-0 155 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    4-1-0 301 pts


  23. #23
    Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-26-08
    Posts: 3,743
    Betpoints: 7017

    I think it would be great if Eli got in, and finally have a mentally challenged player in the HOF.

  24. #24
    jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-21-17
    Posts: 669
    Betpoints: 421

    If you go by numbers then Eli doesn't deserve to be in the Hall but people will remember those two victories over Bellichick and Brady in the Super Bowl which will probably be enough to get him in.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 4
    3-1-1 172 pts


  25. #25
    pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 61,089

    Name one team that will sign Manning tomorrow if he is cut today? None!
    Points Awarded:

    JayDr3am gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    BTP
    Week 6
    5-0-0 632 pts


  26. #26
    flyingillini
    אזיין אותך
    flyingillini's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 35,514
    Betpoints: 371

    He is strung out on opiates

  27. #27
    cincinnatikid513
    be kind
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 11,213

    so u don't want eli manning in the HOF with his 2 rings, but matt ryan and phililp rivers make the hall of fame with no rings but great stats
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 448 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    5-0-0 469 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  28. #28
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar MLB Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 296,671
    Betpoints: 23

    Rivers way better than manning

    does anyone realize Manning super bowls wins were flukes??

    Wins are wins I know but look closely at those games

    BTP
    Week 6
    4-1-0 412 pts

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 446 pts

    SBR
    Sharp
    Bettor

    $$$$$

    Bald
    & Proud
    of Myself -jjgold

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  29. #29
    darrell74
    Stfu and pick some winners
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-16-07
    Posts: 9,614
    Betpoints: 717

    Eli gets into the Hall of Fame

    BTP
    Week 6
    5-0-0 628 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    3-2-0 67 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  30. #30
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 14,373
    Betpoints: 419

    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    so u don't want eli manning in the HOF with his 2 rings, but matt ryan and phililp rivers make the hall of fame with no rings but great stats
    yes except no way Ryan deserves to be in the HOF, Rivers yes.

    No way Manning deserves to be in, guy is awful other than 2 miracle SB runs thanks to the Giants defense.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    5-0-0 683 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    2-2-1 66 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  31. #31
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 14,373
    Betpoints: 419

    so to all you Manning nuthuggers, if Jeff Hostetler or Trent Dilfer won another SB they would be HOF locks?

    no way does Manning deserve to be in.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    5-0-0 683 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    2-2-1 66 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  32. #32
    cincinnatikid513
    be kind
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 11,213

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    yes except no way Ryan deserves to be in the HOF, Rivers yes.

    No way Manning deserves to be in, guy is awful other than 2 miracle SB runs thanks to the Giants defense.
    with the last name manning and winning 2 rings there is no chance eli manning does not make the hall of fame, i don't see why rivers is a lock for hall of fame what has he done short high pct passes, how many playoff wins not many
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 448 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    5-0-0 469 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


  33. #33
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 14,373
    Betpoints: 419

    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    with the last name manning and winning 2 rings there is no chance eli manning does not make the hall of fame, i don't see why rivers is a lock for hall of fame what has he done short high pct passes, how many playoff wins not many
    rivers has succeeded despite being handcuffed by the worst ownership in the NFL(possibly all of sports). He has never really had a good offensive line or defense. All he does is short passes? He is one of the best deep ball qbs since he has been in the league but the offense has changed into a high % passing game in the past couple of years. Manning can't hold River's jock, Philip is leaps and bounds better than him and is a much more fiery competitor. Eli looks disinterested and is probably slightly retarded.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/15/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    5-0-0 683 pts

    BTP
    Week 3
    2-2-1 66 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  34. #34
    pickle_texas
    pickle_texas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-16
    Posts: 552
    Betpoints: 1578

    He deserves to be in the HOF. He should have retired at the end of last season. But then they wouldnt have chosen Barkley lol

  35. #35
    cincinnatikid513
    be kind
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 11,213

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    rivers has succeeded despite being handcuffed by the worst ownership in the NFL(possibly all of sports). He has never really had a good offensive line or defense. All he does is short passes? He is one of the best deep ball qbs since he has been in the league but the offense has changed into a high % passing game in the past couple of years. Manning can't hold River's jock, Philip is leaps and bounds better than him and is a much more fiery competitor. Eli looks disinterested and is probably slightly retarded.
    one of the best deep ball qbs, have u seen his arm, one of the weakest in the league, all rivers does is short crossing routes he can't throw the ball deep or on a line i think his shoulder is messed up
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/18/2018

    BTP
    Week 5
    4-1-0 448 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/08/2018

    BTP
    Week 3
    5-0-0 469 pts

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018


123 Last
Top