jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’m sorry Manning is not a Hall of Famer

If he does I would think he’s going to be the worst quarterback that ever got in and only getting it because of his name
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

He covered against Pats
    That’s all that matters chief

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If he does I would think he’s going to be the worst quarterback that ever got in and only getting it because of his name
    Hope you're talking about Eli.

jjgold

Eli

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Agree just look at his numbers over his career. When's the last time he made the playoffs? His defense won those superbowls. Couple lucky throws big deal

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

He would be the first multi superbowl winning QB to not go in.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

led the league in INTs more than a few times

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Every slow footed QB is a hall of famer if they have a good running game and OL that can REALLY block for them.. Need a good receiving core also and good play calling by the Offensive Coordinator...

Alot of factors do factor in.. The average football fan doesn't think all these factors in.. Troy Aikman was awesome because he had a GREAT OL and hall of fame running back in emmit smith..

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Agree just look at his numbers over his career. When's the last time he made the playoffs? His defense won those superbowls. Couple lucky throws big deal
    he WON those playoff games going into each sb. and stared down the goat twice. you can't diminish what he did in those 2 runs based on his lack of regular season success. Terry Bradshaw is in because of the four titles. eli won twice against possibly the best dynasty in nfl history. he will be in because of that.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They gave him two great weapons in Beckham and Backley and he can't do shiite.

Heltah Skeltah

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    he WON those playoff games going into each sb. and stared down the goat twice. you can't diminish what he did in those 2 runs based on his lack of regular season success. Terry Bradshaw is in because of the four titles. eli won twice against possibly the best dynasty in nfl history. he will be in because of that.
    Terry Bradshaw might be a top 10 qb of all time. Don't disrespect him like that. Eli not close to the qb Terry was

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Every slow footed QB is a hall of famer if they have a good running game and OL that can REALLY block for them.. Need a good receiving core also and good play calling by the Offensive Coordinator...

Alot of factors do factor in.. The average football fan doesn't think all these factors in.. Troy Aikman was awesome because he had a GREAT OL and hall of fame running back in emmit smith..

no offense, but that statement is pure ignorance. nfl is about making timely plays to win games against near evenly matched teams physically. 4th quarter is when that means the most. some guys have special ability to make plays when it matters and others don't. the qb is the most important player on the field and the others make him better, not make him great.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Terry Bradshaw might be a top 10 qb of all time. Don't disrespect him like that. Eli not close to the qb Terry was
    he's not even no 1 in pittsburgh.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I don't like Eli but if Aikman is in he should be also.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

no offense, but that statement is pure ignorance. nfl is about making timely plays to win games against near evenly matched teams physically. 4th quarter is when that means the most. some guys have special ability to make plays when it matters and others don't. the qb is the most important player on the field and the others make him better, not make him great.
    I always thought dominating the line of scrimmage is everything in this game on both sides of the ball is most important.. No offense taken. I know this sport.. Play action pass is huge also if you have a good running game. That's big for QB play... Freezes the D rush and gives time to pass.

Been watching this game for 40 years.. I learned a few things or two..

Tom Brady always had pass protection and good play calling..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-11-18 at 09:01 PM.

Heltah Skeltah

Stop it

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I always thought dominating the line of scrimmage is everything in this game on both sides of the ball is most important.. No offense taken. I know this sport.. Play action pass is huge also if you have a good running game. That's big for QB play... Freezes the D rush and gives time to pass.

Been watching this game for 40 years.. I learned a few things or two..

Tom Brady always had pass protection and good play calling..
    check Brady's release time compared to others. he is a perfectionist that can diagnose a play and make reads as quick as possible. Peyton was very similar. Peyton had a psyche that could be rattled in big games. Brady has a hunger to play in big games.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Agree, He really didn't have to do much. He had a lot of people playing around him that were on a different level than he was.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

check Brady's release time compared to others. he is a perfectionist that can diagnose a play and make reads as quick as possible. Peyton was very similar. Peyton had a psyche that could be rattled in big games. Brady has a hunger to play in big games.
    Quick release and quick processing and decision making are big.. I agree there. Reps and timing drills with receivers in practice are everything with stationary QB's.... Many factors factor in with a dialed in offense...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He’s one of the most inconsistent of all time. Can look like a superstar one game, and complete crap the next. He’s a lock for the HOF though. Can’t see how they could possibly leave him out. And I’m far from a Giants or Eli fan. The opposite actually.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    I don't like Eli but if Aikman is in he should be also.
    Aikman was better than Eli. In todays league he would have better stats.
    But yeah, when Aikman got in, a lot
    of guys said it was only his teams
    that carried him.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

This is how you can beat the GOAT:

1:14

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I think it would be great if Eli got in, and finally have a mentally challenged player in the HOF.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

If you go by numbers then Eli doesn't deserve to be in the Hall but people will remember those two victories over Bellichick and Brady in the Super Bowl which will probably be enough to get him in.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Name one team that will sign Manning tomorrow if he is cut today? None!
    Points Awarded:

JayDr3am gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

He is strung out on opiates

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

so u don't want eli manning in the HOF with his 2 rings, but matt ryan and phililp rivers make the hall of fame with no rings but great stats

jjgold

Rivers way better than manning

does anyone realize Manning super bowls wins were flukes??

Wins are wins I know but look closely at those games

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Eli gets into the Hall of Fame

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47513

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    so u don't want eli manning in the HOF with his 2 rings, but matt ryan and phililp rivers make the hall of fame with no rings but great stats
    yes except no way Ryan deserves to be in the HOF, Rivers yes.

No way Manning deserves to be in, guy is awful other than 2 miracle SB runs thanks to the Giants defense.

JAKEPEAVY21

so to all you Manning nuthuggers, if Jeff Hostetler or Trent Dilfer won another SB they would be HOF locks?

no way does Manning deserve to be in.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    yes except no way Ryan deserves to be in the HOF, Rivers yes.

No way Manning deserves to be in, guy is awful other than 2 miracle SB runs thanks to the Giants defense.
    with the last name manning and winning 2 rings there is no chance eli manning does not make the hall of fame, i don't see why rivers is a lock for hall of fame what has he done short high pct passes, how many playoff wins not many

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    with the last name manning and winning 2 rings there is no chance eli manning does not make the hall of fame, i don't see why rivers is a lock for hall of fame what has he done short high pct passes, how many playoff wins not many
    rivers has succeeded despite being handcuffed by the worst ownership in the NFL(possibly all of sports). He has never really had a good offensive line or defense. All he does is short passes? He is one of the best deep ball qbs since he has been in the league but the offense has changed into a high % passing game in the past couple of years. Manning can't hold River's jock, Philip is leaps and bounds better than him and is a much more fiery competitor. Eli looks disinterested and is probably slightly retarded.

pickle_texas
    pickle_texas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4321

He deserves to be in the HOF. He should have retired at the end of last season. But then they wouldn’t have chosen Barkley lol

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    rivers has succeeded despite being handcuffed by the worst ownership in the NFL(possibly all of sports). He has never really had a good offensive line or defense. All he does is short passes? He is one of the best deep ball qbs since he has been in the league but the offense has changed into a high % passing game in the past couple of years. Manning can't hold River's jock, Philip is leaps and bounds better than him and is a much more fiery competitor. Eli looks disinterested and is probably slightly retarded.
    one of the best deep ball qbs, have u seen his arm, one of the weakest in the league, all rivers does is short crossing routes he can't throw the ball deep or on a line i think his shoulder is messed up

123 Last