thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

4 NFL Picks for Week 5

20-16 after a disappointing week.

Bengals -6 -Dolphins have major injuries on the offensive line and have played no one, Miami was 2-10 on third down against the Titans and averaged just 4.4 yards per play against the Jets. Bengals offense looks great and the defense has struggled against pro bowl quarterbacks on the road, they get Burfict back. Dalton has been great since they changed offensive coordinators last year.

Houston -3.5 - Prescot has been solid at home against bad defenses but he's struggled on the road. Clowney and Watt are healthy, Texans should have momentum off the overtime win.

Arizona +4.5 - Chargers were flat last week against SF and SF relied on defensive scores,

Saints -6.5 - Saints offensive line is elite and Redskins have holes in the secondary, Saints defense has looked better and Ingram returning should help the Saints in the red zone. Saints only issues on offense has been red zone efficiency.
    Points Awarded:

ikid2groove415 gave thomorino 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

1) skins have holes in the secondary?!.......they are #3 against the Pass in the NFL at 187.3 yds a game allowed

2) I absolutely love the Bengals over the Dolphins...agree 100%...I think Miami will start to regress back to the norm...the Bengals clearly the better team and should win this game by double digits...good call...should be an easy winner

3) totally indifferent on the other two games

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    1) skins have holes in the secondary?!.......they are #3 against the Pass in the NFL at 187.3 yds a game allowed

2) I absolutely love the Bengals over the Dolphins...agree 100%...I think Miami will start to regress back to the norm...the Bengals clearly the better team and should win this game by double digits...good call...should be an easy winner

3) totally indifferent on the other two games
    Most stats are useless in the NFL until week 7-8, Luck moved the ball easily on the Redskins defense, GB was flat in that game off the overtime game, and Bradford is horrible. Playing Brees in the dome is a much bigger test than what the Skins have faced so far.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

I don't like any of those

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I don't like any of those
    Who are you on this week johnny???

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Who are you on this week johnny???
    2 early bud

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Most stats are useless in the NFL until week 7-8, Luck moved the ball easily on the Redskins defense, GB was flat in that game off the overtime game, and Bradford is horrible. Playing Brees in the dome is a much bigger test than what the Skins have faced so far.
    How you gonna say houston will have momentum off a ot game but in next breath say the reason skins held packers passing in check was because packers were flat off a ot game? Can’t have it both ways. Is someone hurt in skins secondary? Last I saw they had really good corners no? Not that i like the skins just curious why you think their secondary has holes?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Skins ml is a top play.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

houston lost at home to my giants who are a flaming pile of dogshit

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    houston lost at home to my giants who are a flaming pile of dogshit
    They tried to tie the colts. I would have fired coach weeks ago, they way too talented to be playing so poorly!!

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

I remember that Saints were -8 last time they played Skins and almost lost, they made a huge comeback if I remember it correctly.
    Skins have the way better defense in this one. This could be an upset.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    I remember that Saints were -8 last time they played Skins and almost lost, they made a huge comeback if I remember it correctly.
    Skins have the way better defense in this one. This could be an upset.
    Yeah that was last year against Cousins, Saints were flat, they had a huge comeback in the 4th.

thomorino

I think people are significantly overrated the Skins defense, Luck moved the ball easily on them and everyone's defense looks great against Arizona, GB was in a horrible spot and on the road. Norman is good but not a shutdown corner, the pass rush is solid but not great with Allen, Kerrigan, payne.The Redskins signed Scandrick before the season started because of concern about the corner position.

thomorino

Watson coming off an ACL injury got almost no reps in the preseason and Fuller was hurt at the beginning of the year, Clowney missed time, I think Houston will get stronger as the season goes on.

2daBank

Watson coming off an ACL injury got almost no reps in the preseason and Fuller was hurt at the beginning of the year, Clowney missed time, I think Houston will get stronger as the season goes on.
    Agree with that. Of course fuller kinda injury prone, think he pulled up lame w hammy again last week.

2daBank

I think people are significantly overrated the Skins defense, Luck moved the ball easily on them and everyone's defense looks great against Arizona, GB was in a horrible spot and on the road. Norman is good but not a shutdown corner, the pass rush is solid but not great with Allen, Kerrigan, payne.The Redskins signed Scandrick before the season started because of concern about the corner position.
    Yea I don’t think anyone in secondary great but mostly solid and I’ve always liked their front 7. They gonna need Alex to be at his ball control best to help them keep saints offense off the field.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Coaching will always be their downfall. That roster has flagrantly underachieved. Also doesn't help that the coach has had his foot on the opponents throat and has gone soft giving them every chance to come back

Da Manster!

very true but Scandrick got cut during the preseason because of impressive play by Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau...we have depth at cornerback so Scandrick became expendable and truth be told, he didn't exactly light it up during OTA's, minicamps, and preseason...but our defense has really improved and you can clearly see that when our starters are finally healthy and the first team units are getting the majority of the reps, this defense is top 10 caliber.

Da Manster!

Yeah that was last year against Cousins, Saints were flat, they had a huge comeback in the 4th.
    yes, skins were up like 31 - 15 with 4:00 minutes left in the game...and after blitzing Drew Brees all game long and literally having stymied him and the Saints offense we do what most stupid ass coaches (college and pro's alike) do...we played soft zone (i.e. prevent defense) and allowed Brees to get in a comfort zone and shred us for 260+ yds and three consecutive scoring drives in the final minutes to complete the improbable comeback victory...also on the final drive, skins CB Kendall Fuller intercepted a brees ball which would have preserved the victory but called for one of those bogus, ticky-tack, illegal contact penalties when both guys were doing a little pushing and shoving and that allowed the game winning drive to continue...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Saints your best play

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

20-16 after a disappointing week.

Arizona +4.5 - Chargers were flat last week against SF and SF relied on defensive scores
    Here's the injury list for San Fran:

10/03/18 C Weston Richburg Knee is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    10/03/18 WR Marquise Goodwin Leg is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    10/03/18 T Mike McGlinchey Knee is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    10/03/18 S Jaquiski Tartt Shoulder is upgraded to probable Sunday vs Arizona
    10/02/18 T Joe Staley Knee is downgraded to doubtful Sunday vs Arizona
    10/01/18 RB Matt Breida Shoulder is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    09/30/18 DB Adrian Colbert Hip is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    09/30/18 WR Dante Pettis Knee injured last game, is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    09/30/18 WR Victor Bolden Jr. Suspension Served is probable Sunday vs Arizona
    09/30/18 G Joshua Garnett Toe is "?" Sunday vs Arizona
    09/25/18 CB Richard Sherman Calf is OUT 2-3 weeks

That's a lot of manpower banged up. I like the Cardinals to get their 1st win.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Jimmy Proffett 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Washington is coming off their bye week where they are 2-8 ATS. It is a revenge game for them. In situations like this, they are 1-6 ATS. They have also failed to cover in their last 5 Monday Night Games (0-5). New Orleans is 12-1 ATS vs Conference opponents who have a.666 or better record. Washington is 2-1, or .667. Washington is also in the very WORST NFC Division and New Orleans is in the very BEST NFC Division. This may get very ugly in a hurry.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

REVENGE is very motivating for athletes.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    2 early bud
    Let the line mature a little right? Ok let us know.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    very true but Scandrick got cut during the preseason because of impressive play by Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau...we have depth at cornerback so Scandrick became expendable and truth be told, he didn't exactly light it up during OTA's, minicamps, and preseason...but our defense has really improved and you can clearly see that when our starters are finally healthy and the first team units are getting the majority of the reps, this defense is top 10 caliber.
    I agree your defense has improved from last year, but last year it was horrible, I still think its not a top defense.

thomorino

I don't see the Washington game as a revenge game, Cousins is gone, this is a completely different Washington team this year, Washington wasn't going to make the playoffs last year even if they won that game.

thomorino

I'm adding Pittsburgh -3

2daBank

I'm adding Pittsburgh -3
    Seems like almost a must bet even tho I don’t particularly love it.

thomorino

3-0 with a push in the Houston game to go to 23-16, I'm still not sure how Houston didn't cover despite having nearly 200 more yards and twice as many first downs -how do you go 1/6 in the red zone.

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

You had it listed -3.5 Not sure how it is a push. Nice day though

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    You had it listed -3.5 Not sure how it is a push. Nice day though
    19.5 - 16 final score

thomorino

I bet it at -3 but I post games at what the lines are when I post my picks, 23-17.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    19.5 - 16 final score
    Fuk off

thomorino

Don't care but obviously I sometimes bet a game at a better or worse line then what I post since I don't always post games the second I bet them.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It's a loss.

Period.

END OF DISCUSSION.

12 Last