Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Guys forget how good Bell is since they haven't seen him in a while. Pitt doesn't want to pay him, save your body and go to a team who will. Still just 26 years old, he'll get Gurley money one way or another. Good for him sitting out.
    It's easy to forget when you've been watching a guy making basically the league minimum to do the same shit that Bell was doing.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

He's irrelevant.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    He's irrelevant.
    In just 7 games, James Conor already has as many rushing TDs as Bell has ever had in any season that he has played, and he is on pace to match the numbers(both rushing and receiving) that Bell put up in his best full season back in 2014.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

How much $ does a person need? He will never have to lift a finger again in his life.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    In just 7 games, James Conor already has as many rushing TDs as Bell has ever had in any season that he has played, and he is on pace to match the numbers(both rushing and receiving) that Bell put up in his best full season back in 2014.
    ....at about what, 10% of the cost?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    ....at about what, 10% of the cost?
    I think it's even less than that.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I would of just half assed it, avoided injury, and signed a massive deal outside Pitt next year

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

he is sticking it to pitt not signing til after the trade deadline. If i was pitts i would keep playing conner. Bell has 9 tds for season and conner has 7. It is proving many peoples poin. It is the system . I would make it a point to tell people connor is better and if bell doesn't like it he can quit. No way would bell play another down for me. Most pitt is getting is 3rd rounder so he wants to be fresh. Connor doing so well may make teams think about the money that bell wants. He is already the highest paid rb if he would of signed his contract.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Certainly I don't understand what I've read in a lot of places — that Bell might report after the trading deadline so he ensures he's not sent off to another team. If he loves the Steelers that much, he has an odd way of showing it.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Certainly I don't understand what I've read in a lot of places — that Bell might report after the trading deadline so he ensures he's not sent off to another team. If he loves the Steelers that much, he has an odd way of showing it.
    it is spite. He doesn't want them to benefit off him. But they get the same pick either way. Hey he went to michigan state. enough said.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

I thought bell had a plan to sign and trade the day of deadline

What's this guys plan

Play next yr for a different team

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Only takes 1 dumb team to give bell the big contract- He will get it - Case closed !!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

I can't believe this guy still isn't playing football..

Copy and paste news as of a few hours ago -

Perhaps the biggest name who could be dealt today is Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell, who has been holding out after getting hit with the franchise tag again this past offseason. Bell has yet to report to the team, but as of now, it appears more likely that he’ll report this week and finish the year in Pittsburgh vs. being traded.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Do the Steelers have to take him back this year???

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Do the Steelers have to take him back this year???
    No

And I don't think they will

He might just sit rest of the yr

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

good job by connor this year but he's no leveon anybody who watches knows that despite the numbers

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    No

You sure about that? I thought he wouldnt be eligible for free agency until the conclusion of this year if he reported and was on the roster by the week 11 date that has been floated. If he completely sits this year we are back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    good job by connor this year but he's no leveon anybody who watches knows that despite the numbers
    If the Steelers thought he could become a starter why did they waste their time with Bell? They should have let him walk after last season.

ikid2groove415

Conner cost 15x less $$$$

ikid2groove415

Bell would Probly be robbing banks or rolling dice on the streets- if he wasn’t playing football !!

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    No

Well, they should just pull the franchise tag tender then. Thats the cleanest way to break this off. Otherwise they leave the door open for him to sign the contract and return.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

Good for Bell. He can report after the deadline and force the Steelers to pay him a lot of money to half-arse it for 8 games before he becomes a FA. Alternatively they can withdraw the tag before he reports and let him become a FA immediately without compensation.

Kermit

Good Job by Conor? How about GREAT job by Conor?

Through 7 games

599 yards(3rd in the NFL) averaging 4.7 yards a carry with 9 TD's(2nd in the NFL)
    31 catches for 323 yards

I've watched every game this year(they are the hometown team) and You're right about Conor not being Bell. He isn't as good at tap-dancing in the backfield as Bell is.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Through 7 games

599 yards(3rd in the NFL) averaging 4.7 yards a carry with 9 TD's(2nd in the NFL)
    31 catches for 323 yards

I've watched every game this year(they are the hometown team) and You're right about Conor not being Bell. He isn't as good at tap-dancing in the backfield as Bell is.
    He had 2 bad games froggy. Dont try to spin that. Another one was good. Rest he has balled out.

I bet 6-7 of those tds are 1-2 yard plunges. Impressive.

jtoler

Through 7 games

31 catches for 323 yards

good for him he's put up good numbers so far thats wasnt a knock on him or anything. he runs hard more straight line runner than bell and doesnt hesitate as much sees where he wants to go and explodes to that point
    Last edited by jtoler; 10-30-18 at 05:15 PM.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    He had 2 bad games froggy. Dont try to spin that. Another one was good. Rest he has balled out.

Bell had his share of lackluster games last year as well.

jtoler

I dont see them paying bell what he wants after seeing what connor can do no team may pay bell and bell may quit demanding as much, connor is a breath of fresh air to remind teams that there's no need to pay that much, im definitely impressed maybe its something about their styles where it seems leveon is more cautious which may lend to more durability or something I dont know, connor is a battling ram out there hope he doesnt get hurt

chico2663

You would be wrong o 1 and 2 yard plunges
    Last edited by chico2663; 10-30-18 at 05:34 PM.

chico2663

I dont see them paying bell what he wants after seeing what connor can do no team may pay bell and bell may quit demanding as much, connor is a breath of fresh air to remind teams that there's no need to pay that much, im definitely impressed maybe its something about their styles where it seems leveon is more cautious which may lend to more durability or something I dont know, connor is a battling ram out there hope he doesnt get hurt
    He is living his dream being a cancer survivor.makes 550000 while bell gave away 8 mill. Yes they have to sign him but don t have to play him.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Bell had his share of lackluster games last year as well.
    So why do the steelers insist on keeping him for way too much money? Theyre really stupid if they had Conner all along and yet offered Bell the large contract he turned down in the off-season.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Whichever GM gives Bell a mega deal after sitting a whole season (definitely possible) should be fired. Just pure stupidity, especially with a RB.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Whichever GM gives Bell a mega deal after sitting a whole season (definitely possible) should be fired. Just pure stupidity, especially with a RB.
    Ill repeat, he cant sit the whole season. He doesnt automatically become a FA if he sits. He would still be in danger of being franchise tagged again for the same amount.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    You would be wrong o 1 and 2 yard plunges
    Actually in his 9 TDs so far this year, Conor had just as many 1 or 2 yards plunges as Bell had in his 9 TDs all of last year.

Conor's rushing TDs this year

Bell's rushing TDs last year

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    He is living his dream being a cancer survivor.makes 550000 while bell gave away 8 mill. Yes they have to sign him but don t have to play him.
    didnt know he had cancer, all the best to him. in hindsight it looks like bell shouldnt have held out lol, team didnt budge and now they prob feel they can do without him. every day he's getting older, will be interesting to see if next year a team gives him more than he was making

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Bell is probably out of shape and forgot how to play the game by now.. He might be a bust at this point..

He's been away from the game for a long time now..

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Ill repeat, he cant sit the whole season. He doesnt automatically become a FA if he sits. He would still be in danger of being franchise tagged again for the same amount.
    Even if he comes back and Pitt tells him to fukk off?

First ... 3456789 ... Last