Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

So tired of kaeperdick

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Yup. Same as the shitty products our president and his family sell.

The words of someone who can’t afford anything more than Payless 2nds. If you spend $300 on a pair of sneakers you are an idiot. Throwback jordan 3 and 11 run 200 tops and that is my limit.

Unless adidas or under armor can get in, this scenario is highly unlikely.

I don't know how old you are but Nike knows their market and it isn’t adults over 35.

????????

My understanding is Nike has been sponsoring him since he left SF. They just finalized the campaign recently.

The only issue I have with kap is the timing he chose to begin his protest. Had he done it when he was the starter and the team was winning it would have brought actual meaningful progress on the issues he wanted addressed. By doing it as primarily the backup qb it became a distraction.

The owners have clearly given the nod to each other about not signing kap. There is no way anyone with eyes can say a guy like Tom savage, Brandon weeden or Brock osweiler are a better option to fill in over kap. They should just say “we don’t want you because your views are not in alignment with ours and it is our right to hire who we feel is best for organization.” Nothing wrong with that imo. To say that isn’t the case is crazy.

As bad as it ended in SF a lot of the blame got misplaced on Kap. The OL went to shit after the back to back nfc conference championships and zero deep threat. Plus Harbaugh tends to overstay his welcome after 3-4 seasons.

Nike made a calculated decision here and it will not hurt them. Trump will vent but his fans aren’t Nike’s target demographic.
    Won't hurt them?

They were trending up nearly 25% this year and have UA on the ropes.

Today alone, 1/2 day of trading, they have lost 3% of their market capitalization (nearly $5billion) and highlighted a polarizing political issue that it going to piss off 50% of the country in general and nearly 99% of angry white sporting guys (or in other words guys with money and dad's who buy kids sports stuff).

This will give down as one of the biggest corporate flops since New Coke, and just wait till Trump starts tweeting on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nike lost $20billion before they have to disassociate with Kap.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gritter doesn’t know what he’s talking about he’s a kid that smokes weed every day and drinking the bottle out of a paper bag other than that is not a bad guy

Nike made the worst decision of their lives

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

So tired of big Companies, the Liberal media, Dems, Libs lashing out against law enforcement in general and calling for the abolishment of ICE. It's mindless behavior...

Take away law enforcement and see what happens.. The hoods would become a war zone. Make Chicago look like Disneyland in comparison. Stupid athletes don't even know what they are really protesting and wanting to happen..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-04-18 at 12:32 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold

We are winning meaning the Republican party

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Nike is headline news. Under armour has garbage shoes. I like Adidas for comfort. Reebok is good for cross training shoes. Nike has the best shoes. I buy what I like. They are just making a political statement to get in the spotlight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Won't hurt them?

Today alone, 1/2 day of trading, they have lost 3% of their market capitalization (nearly $5billion) and highlighted a polarizing political issue that it going to piss off 50% of the country in general and nearly 99% of angry white sporting guys (or in other words guys with money and dad's who buy kids sports stuff).

This will give down as one of the biggest corporate flops since New Coke, and just wait till Trump starts tweeting on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nike lost $20billion before they have to disassociate with Kap.
    Trump is gonna slam Nike hard just like he did the NFL.. We all remember what happen to the NFL when Trump went on the warpath..

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nike is headline news. Under armour has garbage shoes. I like Adidas for comfort. Reebok is good for cross training shoes. Nike has the best shoes. I buy what I like. They are just making a political statement to get in the spotlight.
    Figured you for a Boot guy.

DwightShrute

Nike shares fall as backlash erupts over new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick

• Nike shares are falling Tuesday morning after the company revealed a new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.
    • The news of Kaepernick, who in 2016 decided not to stand for the national anthem to protest racial injustice, becoming the face of Nike marketing sparked some backlash from consumers on social media.
    • #NikeBoycott was trending on Twitter, with some people saying they were going to burn their Nike sneakers.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Nike shares fall as backlash erupts over new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick

• Nike shares are falling Tuesday morning after the company revealed a new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.
    • The news of Kaepernick, who in 2016 decided not to stand for the national anthem to protest racial injustice, becoming the face of Nike marketing sparked some backlash from consumers on social media.
    • #NikeBoycott was trending on Twitter, with some people saying they were going to burn their Nike sneakers.

Glad I held off on buying Nike stock.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

do you have any thoughts of your own or do you always let others do the thinking for you

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    do you have any thoughts of your own or do you always let others do the thinking for you
    take a minute (or ask someone) and see why that makes no sense.

jtoler

take a minute (or ask someone) and see why that makes no sense.
    I took 5 seconds how's that and it makes perfect sense. Just rarely do I see you speak on anything and I feel you have a lovely voice but all we get is memes.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I took 5 seconds how's that and it makes perfect sense. Just rarely do I see you speak on anything and I feel you have a lovely voice but all we get is memes.
    Take 500 seconds then. Or more. Eventually you will see it. But then again, your TDS might prevent you.

jtoler

Take 500 seconds then. Or more. Eventually you will see it. But then again, your TDS might prevent you.
    what is the equivalent of not being an obama taint licker, remember I didnt care for him either nor any of them because I get it shruter, I never did fit into your little chocolate box of adjectives so youll have to create a new space for me. anyhoo hope youre enjoying the weather in central america.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

This will not affect most posters, who either wear SKECHERS or VELCRO shoes anyway.

jjgold

so many sneaker companies now so we have many options

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Ok I'll address all your issues. As far as other people kneeling, that's their right. In the living room it has no effect because no one is seeing it.

Just go to liveleak or youtube. Unarmed black men being gunned down , full clip, unarmed , sitting in their cars. It's pretty disturbing actually. Here's a guy telling cops he has a gun, not reaching for it, and being gunned down with a full clip point blank. There is a video inside and outside the car to prove this point. He's now charged with manslaughter, which is frankly generous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd7zW4aRlYE

I'm white as fakk and grew up in Eastern WA near a KKK complex and saw confederate flags everyday before I left. Haven't seen any in NJ/PA/NY though I'm sure they exist. It's pretty hillarious people have "southern pride" in N. Idaho and E. WA state.

Blacks killing blacks IS a huge problem and I agree 100% with that. They kill more of each other than anyone else and that's not even debatable. Chicago is a war zone right now. I don't debate that one bit.

I wouldn't call them losers, but they sit silently on the sidelines and protest respectfully. IF the networks didn't show them? No one notices or it's a non issue. It's their right that men and woman , including two of my family members, have died for. I can't imagine a more peaceful way to bring attention to an issue in our country quitely, calmly , respectfully.

They aren't putting themselves ahead of the game. This is pregame, during a ceremony that again, has noting to do with troops, and is paid and bought for by the Department of Defense to NFL teams. Hardly "patriotic" in my book.

If I owned a team, I would donate all that money to the wounded warriors or equivalent organization.

The irony is, do you know what 75% of fans are doing during the national anthem? (I have been to over a dozen NFL games in various stadiums). They are pissing, talking, getting beers/food, buying merch. It's a penetrating joke at their sudden outrage. Most don't even take off their hats even if they are in their seats.
    That guy was acquitted over a year ago... And yes, there were black people on the jury.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    "Unarmed black men being gunned down"?

"I'm white as fakk"?

"75% of fans"?

That post is cuckolicious

If you did any more virtue signaling you'd need a flare gun
    Keep living in your delusion. You'll have to come back to reality on your own.

Bottom line, this affects nike positively, not negatively or they wouldn't of done it.

They are a business, not a non profit social justice organization

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    It's weird how Kap's never had a sitdown interview to talk about the issues.
    That would be a mistake. Devotion to a cause can be faked, smarts cannot.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    That guy was acquitted over a year ago... And yes, there were black people on the jury.
    There are hundreds upon hundreds of videos on sites like live leak and youtube. I think one cop has been convicted in all these shootings, which is a joke. Hence the knees, protests, calls for action, the Nike ad, etc.

You think a dude sitting in his car needed a full clip unloaded point blank into him? Ok

packerd_00

Keep living in your delusion. You'll have to come back to reality on your own.

Bottom line, this affects nike positively, not negatively or they wouldn't of done it.

They are a business, not a non profit social justice organization
    We know they arent doing this as a Political statement,its all about the money.To say it will be positive is just guessing on your part,you dont know how this will turn out for their bottom line.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 09-04-18 at 02:29 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 854

how much is this nike contract

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 854

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Glad I held off on buying Nike stock.
    stock that doesnt do well in trump era? real probem lol

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

not buying anythig from Nike

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

There are hundreds upon hundreds of videos on sites like live leak and youtube. I think one cop has been convicted in all these shootings, which is a joke. Hence the knees, protests, calls for action, the Nike ad, etc.

You think a dude sitting in his car needed a full clip unloaded point blank into him? Ok
    I think that when I'm carrying a gun, I won't be high, have weed in the car, and start reaching when the officer tells me not to. I was pulled over last night. I didn't make a move without first asking the officer. He doesn't know me, and I don't know him. You cooperate, follow commands, ask questions if you're confused and everyone goes home at the end of the interaction. It's really not that hard. If you feel you were treated like shit, you make a complaint or file legal action where you can.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    not buying anythig from Nike
    Not wearing or buying anything from NIKE anymore either.. I just bought a new Nike shirt last month, I may wear it when doing yard work or house work that's it. It's a nice shirt too.. I'm done with NIKE products completely..

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Baller brand shoes might have a chance now. Come on Lavar! Start pushing your brand! Haven't heard anything from you in almost a month.

DwightShrute

I won't fault Nike for making a stupid marketing decision. And this one is stupid. Someone will probably get fired for this. Too bad. Shit happens.

I like Nike runners so I will probably still buy them. I still like the Dolphins even though they hired Cutler last season. Shit happens.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    My entire customer experience with the Nike brand consists of one pair of
    cheezy sneakers in the '70s when I was a child.
    They have exploited poor Asian workers for decades, the markup on their products
    is enormous. Crap company, and really stupid move here.
    Kaepernick is a bum who doesn't even play.
    Something tells me that Nike will be just fine without you buying their shoes since it's been almost 50 years since you last bought one. It's hilarious to see so many people triggered and promising to never buy shoes from a company that they never buy from anyway. The majority of triggered people in this thread don't even own a pair of Nikes. Most of the folks here are wearing orthotics. LOL

and what a crock of shit to bring up exploited Asian workers. Nike does what EVERY company that makes money does. They hire cheap labor in countries with a cheap labor market. The wages they pay Asian workers are much better than what most workers make BUT that doesn't help your agenda does it???

Nike knows what you all should figure out. Dumb ass southern hicks are dying by the thousands. They are nowhere near the demographics of what Nike is going after. If you're upset about this.... you just answered your own question. You are not in their wheel house. Carry on!

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I always found Nike sneakers to run smaller than other brands

They would let Hitler endorse their products if they could make money

Only time will tell if this stunt works

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Kaepernick stuck to his guns and defied the idiot President by kneeling. Him doing so symbolized how the black community gets shafted over and over again. Racism and oppression of African-Americans are two of the most important issues that continually get swept under the rug. Always been a Nike buyer and it's for this reason why I will continue buying their products. Colin stood by his beliefs and sat out while championing for equality. If this isn't deserving enough to be a role model and spokesman then you need to get your "you-know-what" together.

I applaud this move 100%. Was never Colin Kaepernick football fan, but when he fought for what he believed in, that made me respect the man.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11174

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Won't hurt them?
    Nike is up ~35% on the year. A 3% loss is peanuts in a down day across the board. 50% of the country is not pissed off or triggered because most of the country don't give a shit and thankfully most people are not pussies, easily triggered over stupid shit. And it's certainly not 99% white guys that are angry. More like 1% of the cuckold pussies that are mad with their own failures. Guys with money are very much "don't give a shit". We ain't got time for that hypocrisy.

First 1234567 ... Last