Happy Birthday Chikka!

Great news about breathing on his own.

Down one for me on the weekend Rollie and Booya

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Bumping again for BigDay.

Gold, make another video, your last one is down.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    For cash donations you can use the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/the-mcbride-family

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    H3 D9

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 13 hours ago
    Today marks a very special day, for multiple reasons.

#1 Elsa got to see Andy!!
    This is the first time Elsa has seen her dad since August 23rd when he left for Las Vegas. Today she shared a hug from a neighbor, hand squeezes, updates on dance and softball and a little bit of anxiousness. Before we left the driveway she shared an "EEEEK" I asked what is wrong and she stated she was just so excited to see daddy. Although she was a little timid upon entering and during the visit, when we got back into the truck, she asked when she could see him again!

#2 It is my birthday, 39 and holding...
    Today I was blessed with an amazing day! Morning with Elsa and Andy, a massage, getting my hair done, and dinner with my amazing girls! Although the times are tough, the blessings are plenty. Thank you all for the amazing birthday wishes!

#3 Returning to work
    Today my paperwork was accepted for me to return to work! I am so excited to meet the students of my new school and get back into some routines!

#4 The ventilator!
    Today was day 2 of Andy not being put back on the ventilator for the night! This means he spent both of the nights off of his ventilator, breathing on his own! They did a blood gas, which tests his oxygen level and it was great!

Andy continues to fight hard and get stronger everyday. We are blessed for his resilience and determination!

If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for: Andy to be in less pain, build strength, continue to find success in being off the ventilator.

#TeamAndy

With gratitude,

Mindy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This whole story with Bigday, his family and friends amazing!!!

FIGHT BIGDAY!!!!!!!!!!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Make a new vid Gold, she can play it for BIGDAY!

Put in this thread.

He has come a real long way, even if it seems like he has so far to go.

He is fighting and winning.

He needs a video message from the Forum.

jjgold

KVB I should have one for him next few days

rollie_t651
    rollie_t651's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5894

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This whole story with Bigday, his family and friends amazing!!!

FIGHT BIGDAY!!!!!!!!!!
    its gonna be a great weekend too! Can’t wait to keep everyone updated on the fight night/fundraiser

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

H3 D13

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 39 minutes ago
    This weekend the girls enjoyed a fun weekend with Grammy, Auntie, and cousin in Fargo. I was able to enjoy dinner on my own Friday night, lunch and nails with friends, UFC fight, church where we discussed Plan B(wow that is fitting!) and breakfast on my own again. Of course there was time at Bethesda with Andy as well.

Andy is having some tummy aches, please pray for him to find comfort with his pain. Andy's trach is capped 4 hours, 2x a day with a recommendation to increase it!! Tomorrow Andy will start his new speech therapy session and I will return to work on Tuesday, my posts may not be as frequent and I will post at least one time a week. God is good and we are blessed!

• heart

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

jjgold

Can you imagine when this guy is better??

He is going to settle scores with many posters in person

Going to have unreal energy and could be a enforcer in Minny

I bet he reads thread still

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Can you imagine when this guy is better??

He is going to settle scores with many posters in person
    Settle scores with posters here?

Can’t see it,he may want to kiss many.

In the history of sports forums Andy is
    now ranked #1 in love recieved.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12037

Bigday kicking ass!!!

Glad to hear Mindy is going back to work. Having a routine and sense of normalcy on a day to day basis can relieve a lot of stress.

Of course I'm sure visiting Andy is going to be apart of the routine. He's so selfless I bet he's 100% behind her decision to get back to work.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Changes

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 2 hours ago
    1 step forward and 2 steps back.

On Thursday night Andy had a spell where his oxygen dropped to 78, they had to bag him. Andy was able to explain the entire episode to me when I arrived after work. On Friday they put him on oxygen because he continued to have shortness of breathe. Last night they removed the cap, gave him his speaking valve and dome back. They also started meta-neb and neb treatments and completed a chest x-ray, which looked good. Through the weekend they want to keep him on the trach mask with low oxygen to help his lungs and re-evaluate on Monday. The pulmonologist stated she would not remove his trach for a while and that he is doing good, this is all normal with trach weaning. Of course this is not what Andy wanted to hear, time and strengthen are not moving fast enough in his mind (I totally get it!). I continue to remind him how well he is doing and how he is beating this. He had lots of smiles last night when I left even though he didn't want me to go. This man is amazing, I thank the Lord everyday for guiding him in this journey.

P.S. Week one back to work was great! I am so lucky to serve among such an amazing staff.

#TeamAndy

• heart

jjgold

When is this guy going to get better?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

When is this guy going to get better?
    slowly but surely

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12037

He already is getting better, JJ. Unfortunately, it’s not a linear process. Think of where he was 6-7 weeks ago.

Progress

jjgold

Stealthy true

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Two steps forward, one step back. This is the norm.

He’s trending in the right direction, making strides but this wont be an easy or routine recovery. Unfortunately when you get to the point he was, recoveries are messy and setbacks should be expected.

There will be many days he feels lucky to be alive, and there will be other days he feels unlucky to be alive.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

H3 D25

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 4 hours ago
    Yesterday morning my phone rang. I answered the unknown number and to my surprise Andy was on the other end! Andy was calling to check and see when Dan and Kelly were planning on coming up. I assured him I was aware of his therapy times and that they would be arriving after that. His next question was when would I get there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he was advocating for himself and that I heard his voice on the other end. Andy had called the nurse in to dial my number and then place the phone on speaker so that we could talk. There are so many times in my day that I want to call or text him, this just goes to show that he is making progress!! It is the small things in life that make a large impact, this is just what I needed.

PT- Andy continues to work hard and has been in the standing chair. Yesterday, Andy was boasting about how he did better than a couple days before. It is with great joy that he realizes this, it keeps him motivated.

Letters and notes. Thank you to everyone who has sent a note. It has been so fun reading them to him and not even knowing who some of the notes are from! You have reached out from elementary, high school, college and beyond. I can't express how much I love reading them and watching his facial expressions with surprise and sometimes followed by tears. We are so lucky to be blessed with you in our lives. Andy continues to be challenged with the unknown, the outcomes of this debilitating virus and your words keep him going, keep him strong! Thank you for letting us lean into you during this time of chaos and struggle, we love you all!

Love,

Mindy

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13336

Bigday, call me pal

jjgold

He is getting that look back In his eye I just looked at the last photo

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

PAULYPOKER

H4 D17

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 20 hours ago
    This week we celebrate the little things. Andy was able to use a machine/device to help him feed himself. The device helps remove the weight off of his shoulders and he then can activate his arm/muscles at the elbow (see below). It was a lot of work AND he was able to scoop some food and feed himself five bites!

Molly, Andy's little sister had the opportunity to meet Chad Greenway and he signed Andy's jersey and sported his very own #TeamAndy bracelet. Spreading awareness is key! Also after nearly 3 months Andy allowed someone to touch his hair! Well needless to say the aide nor I have a beauty license and the medical tape scissors don't cut all that well... his hair is shorter!

This week I took the opportunity to tour five transitional care units/facilities (TCU/ TCR) and I found some that could work. I begin to ask myself if he will be ready in two weeks to transition. Andy has made great gains in two weeks and a lot can happen in another two (choosing my attitude). Andy and I fear having less therapy and still continuing to make gains. As many of you know most people in TCUs are there for a broken hip or a knee replacement, Andy's needs are much more complex. I want to make sure his needs are getting met and I will continue to advocate for what is best for him.

At our care conference on Wednesday they moved the transition date from the 16th to after Thanksgiving (Friday or Saturday). Knowing that he won't be home for Thanksgiving has been another challenge that lies in my heart. His current date for making the transition to a TCU also aligns with the 3 month mark that he left our home for Vegas. As you can imagine the emotions are high as we look ahead at the journey without an unknown outcome. During the care conference we discussed how this could be a year until he walks again, getting him fitted for a wheelchair and modifying our home. I am beginning to gain resources as we make decisions and if you have any great information, please reach out!

#TeamAndy, thank you for all you do! We are lucky to call you friends.

Be Blessed,
    Mindy

You can see pics at link above!

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

what was big day diagnosed with??? im still confused what happened. I saw him at Vegas laughing!

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTizzy View Post
    what was big day diagnosed with??? im still confused what happened. I saw him at Vegas laughing!
    West Nile Virus.......

He has had the most rare and horrible reaction from it there is.........

But he is one of the most strong willed,selfless and loved individuals on this Earth!

rollie_t651

Big weekend for all sports! Looking forward to donating as many betpoints/donations to TeamAndy! Keep Pounding, BigDay!

rollie_t651

My wife and I just Spent time visiting BigDay, MMAchicka and BigDays Mom. It was awesome to see Andy and talk to him. We even called BooYa on speakerphone. BooYa made a reference to Andy’s PoundPlays an Andy smiled big. Can’t wait to visit him on a regular basis now. Go #TeamAndy!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito, and PAULYPOKER

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

He is definitely in good spirits and was great talking to him!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

Quote Originally Posted by rollie_t651 View Post
    My wife and I just Spent time visiting BigDay, MMAchicka and BigDays Mom. It was awesome to see Andy and talk to him. We even called BooYa on speakerphone. BooYa made a reference to Andy’s PoundPlays an Andy smiled big. Can’t wait to visit him on a regular basis now. Go #TeamAndy!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711, rollie_t651, and sweep

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!

ForumvilleLoL
    Why not me ?
    ForumvilleLoL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3042

Quote Originally Posted by rollie_t651 View Post
    That's awesome !!!!

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

jjgold

Good news !

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Prayer being answered in front of everyone. I love it!.

First ... 1415161718 Last